Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Villa

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sa
Collins Dawson Kilman Toti
Neves Lemina Gomes
Cunha Costa Neto

Strength at the back and on set pieces in both boxes, tenacity in midfield giving the front three the canvas on which to try and paint.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Hang on, I just submitted something on Twitter, I want this as my dream team. Feel free to disagree with me, this is what this forum is about debating subjects.

See attached, my dream team for Aston Villa. Knowing me, I would probably make a rubbish manager, so feel free to pick me up if I have selected someone. You think isn't good enough. Yet it was my dream team that I was asked to do over through Wolves, and twitter.
You would make a rubbish manager.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hang on, I just submitted something on Twitter, I want this as my dream team. Feel free to disagree with me, this is what this forum is about debating subjects.

See attached, my dream team for Aston Villa. Knowing me, I would probably make a rubbish manager, so feel free to pick me up if I have selected someone. You think isn't good enough. Yet it was my dream team that I was asked to do over through Wolves, and twitter.
That could best be described as "brave" and "interesting".....

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don‘t want Jonny to start if Semedois injured but struggling with set-up…

1) Lembikisa?
2) Collins?
3) Back 5 and have an attacking WB, say Traore

Don’t really like amy options……thoughts?

Up top has to be Cunha back in. Gomes in CM please. Nunes on the RHS (unless a back 3/5)

So….

Sa
? (Lembikisa) Dawson Kilman Bueno
Nunes Gomes Neves ? (Neto)
Cunha
Costa

Subs Bentley Collins Toti Moutinho Lemina Sarabia Podence Traore Hwang

or something different as a Back 5 with 2 attacking WBs

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Traore Neves Gomes Neto
Podence
Costa Cunha

You know what…..I like the second side more.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just keep people like Collins outta the starting eleven and let´s not play Costa isolated.
Neves is the true enigma..we really play better with him?
If so..results,plese.

It is not that hard.We play men that wants it tomorrow.
It ain´t Albion..but it is Villa..Peter Whyte and all that ****.

I want a decent reaction.I want eleven men on pitch that wanna win.
We manage to field that..then pound for pound we watch the villa and we win because we are at our place.

Basically..**** em..it is up to us.The mentality,the will...

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually change of goal keeper. There is a goal keeper called Louie Moulden. I would play him instead of Bentley. Drop Costa. Play Podence, Sarabia. I would put Neto on the bench, with Diego Costa. And Adama.

If the last month or so has told us anything at all it is that we need a proper CF and that is Costa right now. Dropping him would be a big mistake.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully we play him. Are you nervous before the game? I am slightly. Just nobody likes losing at home or away.

Honestly pretty chilled at this point. Season was pretty much a waste of time and i never feared relegation. Felt like one of those pointless baseball seasons in the US to be honest, 162 games on nothing for the poorer sides.

On the plus side i feel good and excited about next season.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the last month or so has told us anything at all it is that we need a proper CF and that is Costa right now. Dropping him would be a big mistake.
Gotta admit, I have no confidence in Costa ………which is a logical reaction based on his performances this season.
But I’ll go further……it would erode some of my confidence in JL if he wants him for next season.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gotta admit, I have no confidence in Costa ………which is a logical reaction based on his performances this season.
But I’ll go further……it would erode some of my confidence in JL if he wants him for next season.

it is a no brainer to keep him next season if he is willing. Amazes me anyone would think otherwise. Yeah he shouldn't be the first choice but he is capable, he is a leader, he does give a **** and he does put in good performances.

Compare that to the 'zero striker available at the club' policy we have adopted in recent times then to hope one doesn't return seem daft in the extreme.

IF we sign a quality CF(something we haven't managed for how many seasons?) and have a fit Sasa and Fabio sticks around then fair enough, but right now all three of those points have giant question marks. Will we sign a quality striker? Will Sasa stay fit? Is Fabio actually good enough?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it is a no brainer to keep him next season if he is willing. Amazes me anyone would think otherwise. Yeah he shouldn't be the first choice but he is capable, he is a leader, he does give a **** and he does put in good performances.

Compare that to the 'zero striker available at the club' policy we have adopted in recent times then to hope one doesn't return seem daft in the extreme.

IF we sign a quality CF(something we haven't managed for how many seasons?) and have a fit Sasa and Fabio sticks around then fair enough, but right now all three of those points have giant question marks. Will we sign a quality striker? Will Sasa stay fit? Is Fabio actually good enough?
I don’t think he’s capable. Do you think Raul is capable?…….not much light between them this season.
”…….good performances”……..wow……good performances?……….btw, Raul also put in some good performances but many on the Mix think that’s not good enough for a PL club.

After 3 utterly embarrassing seasons ( as far as goals are concerned), I cannot fathom why any fan who has seen most of our games this season, thinks Costa is worthy of a parking spot let alone a starting spot.

I want nothing less than a CF who can bang in goals in the mid teens or more for next year and a backup who is not far behind.

At this point, for me personally, Sasa and Silva are only on the horizon until JL deems them good enough to rejoin the squad. Until then, I don’t consider them for next season as there are too many variables.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s capable. Do you think Raul is capable?…….not much light between them this season.
”…….good performances”……..wow……good performances?……….btw, Raul also put in some good performances but many on the Mix think that’s not good enough for a PL club.

After 3 utterly embarrassing seasons ( as far as goals are concerned), I cannot fathom why any fan who has seen most of our games this season, thinks Costa is worthy of a parking spot let alone a starting spot.

I want nothing less than a CF who can bang in goals in the mid teens or more for next year and a backup who is not far behind.

At this point, for me personally, Sasa and Silva are only on the horizon until JL deems them good enough to rejoin the squad. Until then, I don’t consider them for next season as there are too many variables.
Next season pointless second guessing too much because so much can change in regards to players

However it’s been reported by Percy that Sasa is seen as a key player for next season. Make of that what you will.

Reckon Moutinho may start today with Jonny

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next season pointless second guessing too much because so much can change in regards to players

However it’s been reported by Percy that Sasa is seen as a key player for next season. Make of that what you will.

Reckon Moutinho may start today with Jonny

It would be one way to top last weeks absurd selection

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I can't understand the Diego love in. Yes, he is a big name and has, very recently, tried hard in the situation we are in (20 matches, 5 acceptable performances, 1 goal). If this time next year Fabio has done what Diego's done, he'll be getting slaughtered. Some will be ready to string him up! Hwang has twice the output, always tries hard and yet people seem to genuinely hate him. Costa has barely held the ball up all season, let alone showed value to keep him for next year. Why does he get a free pass from the dogs abuse that others get? More than that he is revered! He's been rubbish!

It's the Coady conundrum again- should we have kept him around for cheerleading and fourth or fifth choice back-up? Should we do the same for Costa? No!

The club need to identify a striker who they think will score 15 goals then check if they have the right personality to help the team. Then move on from this years complete shambles of a forward line.

Reactions: DJW

Beckbury Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
4-4-2

Sa
Semedo-Dawson-Kilman-Bueno
Sarabia-Lemina-Neves-Neto
Cunha-Costa

If Semedo is out, then 3-5-2

Sa
Collins-Dawson-Kilman
Adama-Lemina-Neves-Nunes-Bueno
Cunha-Costa

(tempted to pull Nunes for Gomes)
Love that 3-5-2 but I drop Nunes for Gomes.

Beckbury Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I can't understand the Diego love in. Yes, he is a big name and has, very recently, tried hard in the situation we are in (20 matches, 5 acceptable performances, 1 goal). If this time next year Fabio has done what Diego's done, he'll be getting slaughtered. Some will be ready to string him up! Hwang has twice the output, always tries hard and yet people seem to genuinely hate him. Costa has barely held the ball up all season, let alone showed value to keep him for next year. Why does he get a free pass from the dogs abuse that others get? More than that he is revered! He's been rubbish!

It's the Coady conundrum again- should we have kept him around for cheerleading and fourth or fifth choice back-up? Should we do the same for Costa? No!

The club need to identify a striker who they think will score 15 goals then check if they have the right personality to help the team. Then move on from this years complete shambles of a forward line.
His hold up play and work rate has been really good and you can see when he doesn't play we lack a focal point. I would agree his goals output is poor but we don't create that many chances so it's difficult to gauge. Overall I think for the mess we're in he was the right man at this time, I probably wouldn't give him another deal. If we did it would be purely as a squad player and he'd only really be on the bench.

Hwang was awful against Palace and seems to lack quality and awareness but yes he does run around a lot and is a strong lad. He seems better off the bench, always looks poor when he starts for me. Criticism has always been selective at Wolves! Nothing wrong with players like Bennett, Coady, and Henry over the years but they aren't fashionable enough for most. People like Trincao, Guedez, Podence, Vhitinia, will always get a free pass because they are foreign and exotic and must be class!

Back
Top Bottom