Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Spurs

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies if I have missed a thread again... Here's my suggestion.

Ruddy
Doherty Bennett Coady Boly Vinagre
Moutinho Saiss
Traore Jimenez Cavaliero

I have been pretty unimpressed by Patricio lately in terms of coming to collect things, and his distribution is outright poor. I think Vinagre's extra pace and dynamism helps Boly, Coady and the midfield out when we are looking for an outlet, and his whipped crosses could be a real weapon. Traore is better on the right, and he is stronger and holds it up marginally better than Costa.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio​
Bennet Dendonker Boly
Saiss​
Doc Neves Moutinho Jonny
Jota (if fit else MGW)
Jiminez​

Fantasy football time! No seriously, Saiss to offer extra protection to the back 3. Neves back because he is Neves!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the thing that's confused me about Nuno.playing Traore out of position,I day think Nuno did the square pegs in round holes thing.:(

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio
Bennett Coady Boly
Doherty Neves Saiss Jonny
Moutinho
Jimenez Jota​

If Jota's not fit, then I think Cav has earnt a start.
Totally agree with that team,MGW can come on later and either Cav or Jota if fit can do the same

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cavaleiro for Traore, he has earned a start.
Also Neves for Gibbs White.

Adama, MGW and Costa all to see some action in the second half. Jota also hopefully on the bench.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd probably go with jades line up,as I said in the verdict thread.To get Neves back in the team he needs to partner Saiss where they played great together last season.and try Moutinho in the MGW role.His experience will be vital against a very good spurs side.

WolfoftheWrekin

Reaction score
Jade's side for me but with Dendoncker swapped for Bennett if he's over his cold bless him.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think Neves will come in for Moutinho only on the basis of rotation. Cav for Traore, but it will suit MGW better. Jonny is better defensively so leave him in.
....................Rui
..Bennett...Coady....Boly
Doc...Neves...Saiss....Jonny
..................MGW
.........Jiminez....Jota(Cav)

D

Deleted member 3751

Ruddy
Moutinho Saiss
Traore Jimenez Cavaliero

I have been pretty unimpressed by Patricio lately in terms of coming to collect things, and his distribution is outright poor. I think Vinagre's extra pace and dynamism helps Boly, Coady and the midfield out when we are looking for an outlet, and his whipped crosses could be a real weapon. Traore is better on the right, and he is stronger and holds it up marginally better than Costa.
You start these, and then you start your team with Ruddy. Can't be ***** to read anything after that

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio
Doherty Coady Boly Johnny
Doherty Coady Boly Johnny
Neves
Jimenez
Think we could get a 0 0, or maybe 1 0 if we manage to get a free kick within 25 yards of lloris.:(

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wrong, it's not having the memory of a goldfish. Watch the goals we conceded last season, and then say you'd have Ruddy in over Patricio

Well if you look at the goals conceded its never gone look good for the keeper really. I agree Ruddy had poor moments, some good ones too though. I think Patricio is a fantastic shot stopper, better than Ruddy for sure. But command of the penalty area? I am not so sure. Not that Ruddy was brilliant either but a wake up call for Patricio might not go amiss. If he's coming, come and make it his, even if he misses it'll probably put the striker off. Dithering or weakly waving a hand at it isn't good enough for me.
Having said all that I am happy enough with Patricio in general, I just think sometimes a spell on the sidelines concnetrates the mind. I thought the same for Jota for different reasons and I think it will do Neves good too.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio
Bennett Coady Boly
Doherty Moutinho Saiss Jonny
Traore Jimenez Cav

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs will go one up with 3 supplementing so will be a tough selection / tactic call for Nuno - Saiss has to play to (try to) nullify Erikson. I thought Moutinho played well against Fulham so, for me, that leaves Neves on the sidelines again but I think Nuno will be Neves back in and push Moutinho forward whereas I would play MGW as below. Adama can also class himself as unlucky but I just prefer Cav

Patricio
Bennett Coady Boly
Doherty Moutinho Saiss Jonny
MGW
Jimenez Cav

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Wembley pitch is a fair bit bigger than Craven Cottage. Should suit Neves and would be surprised if he isn't back in. Reckon we may go with 3 in midfield. Despite recent showings, wldn't surprise me if Moutinho rotates onto the bench and MGW keeps his place. Fingers crossed on Jota. Traore is a better option from the bench at the mo.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio
Bennett Coady Boly
Moutinho
Jimenez Jota​

I suggested much the same yesterday but was given crap by Shropshire. Can't play saiss, Neves and moutinho together he said. o_O

D

Deleted member 6754 (removed at own request)

Patricio

Bennett Coady Boly

Doherty Saiss Moutinho Jonny

Gibbs-White

Jimenez Cavaleiro​

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he is over his illness I'd start Dendoncker in this game at the back.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he is over his illness I'd start Dendoncker in this game at the back.

I must admit I would quite like to see a bit more of Dendonker, throwing him in against a Spurs side in red hot form if he's not feeling 100% might be a bit unfair though. Would you play him in place of Bennett or in midfield?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Same team and formation that played so well away at Arsenal.

Patricio
Bennett, Coady, Boly
Doherty, Moutinho, Neves, Jonny
Costa, Raul, Cavaleiro

Ruddy, Vinagre, Saiss, Dendoncker, Traore, MGW, Jota/Bonatini

Saiss really unlucky to be left out. Costa hopefully refreshed and motivated after a couple of games on the bench.

The other slightly left-field change I’d consider is to play Jonny on the right-hand side of a defensive three. We really struggled with runners down that side in the home game and with Son in such red-hot form, I think Jonny as our best defender in one-on-one situations may be a decent option.

D

Deleted member 5962

Thinking a bit out of the box with this one so bear with me.

Patricio
Bennett Coady Boly
Dendonker Saiss
Doherty Neves Jonny
Raul Jota
Dendonker and saiss as DMs to counter the threat around the edge of the box. With neves playing as a normal CM just a bit ahead of them

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must admit I would quite like to see a bit more of Dendonker, throwing him in against a Spurs side in red hot form if he's not feeling 100% might be a bit unfair though. Would you play him in place of Bennett or in midfield?

In defence. Would like to see what he can do.

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score

Ruddy
Moutinho Saiss
Traore Jimenez Cavaliero

Why are some people asking for ruddy to start ?? Do you not remember last season when people were asking for norris to start instead of ruddy in the championship then all if a sudden people changed their minds it reminds me so much of this now with patricio in my opinion he is a better goalkeeper than we have or likely to get were lucky to have him not saying he's perfect but hes good enough for me and the club going forward

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Patricio,
Benno, Coadyo, Bollyo,
Docco, Nevvo, Saisso, Otto,
Moutinho
Traoreo, Jiminezio

We probably going to defending most 1st half, so like see better repeat of 1st half v Liverpool...and still be in the game at half time, and hoping Adama & Raul bring their shooting boots as we counter...and hope not a repeat of Fulham 1st half ******io.

...I currently prefer take Adama off, than bring him on...

...then see Vinagre and Cav tearing Trippier and Walker new ones.

O' for a 0-0, with 15mins to go of a Wemberlee 90

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio
Bennett Coady Boly
Moutinho
Jimenez Jota​

If Jota is unfit, how about Vinagre? With very little game time he still manages to get in behind the defence and get the ball in. He seems to hook up good with Raul. Vinagre wants to attack and unlike others is not afraid to run at the opposition. Raul is starving for support, so MGW and Vinagre could be the way to break through the middle.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are some people asking for ruddy to start ?? Do you not remember last season when people were asking for norris to start instead of ruddy in the championship then all if a sudden people changed their minds it reminds me so much of this now with patricio in my opinion he is a better goalkeeper than we have or likely to get were lucky to have him not saying he's perfect but hes good enough for me and the club going forward
Yeah, we've done all that mate, it's already been established it was a stupid idea;)

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure the team matters that much in this game really. Whoever is picked will put in a plucky performance, we will get few chances that we won't take and will lose.

Sorry for the negativity, but just how I see this one.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Patricio
Bennett Coady Boly
Moutinho
Jimenez Jota​

I will be surprised if Jota starts .More likely for him to come off the bench we a view to starting against Palace .

Back
Top Bottom