Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Preston

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're not going to win the league, probably not going to finish top half BUT we could get silverware with the CC and another day at Wembley! Nunes joined us to win things, not to lose to Preston and finish 15th. Put out a strong side, get some goals and get the confidence high for Saturday.
Or even Sunday LOL

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit of rotation, get the guys coming back from injury game time rather than anything else.

Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti Jonny
Adama Moutinho Neves Neto
Guedes Raul

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit of rotation, get the guys coming back from injury game time rather than anything else.

Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti Jonny
Adama Moutinho Neves Neto
Guedes Raul
Got to play sarkic in goal for all cup games. He deserves it to

Nunes also needs to be in to get familarised with his team mates and system

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarkic
Bueno Gomes Kilman Semedo
Moutinho Nunes Donk
Guedes Raul Hwang
I would have close to this team, but be tempted to start with a back 3, so boly or mosquera in. Why should the loss of coady mean we lose that tactical flexibility. One of those for Mourinho, with a string bench.
Not sure where traore not starting leaves him though

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarkic
Semedo Kilman (c) Gomes Ait-Nouri
Dendoncker Moutinho Nunes
Neto Raul Guedes

I really think we need a strong team to get some confidence back. Moutinho and Semedo need minutes and our new boys more familiarity. Strong front 3 to hopefully develop those relationships so we might score goals eventually. Make good use of subs and take the heavy hitters off later on but think we do need a strong team. I'm not sure Lage will do this but just my view.

Kilman as captain as Lage suggested him as a future option see how he adapts. Play him on the right as he is used to it and Toti is another left footed CB. I like Gomes think he deserves chances even if he isn't displace Max or Collins anytime soon.

Reaction score
Mosquera, campbell and Ronan all playing for the 23s now so that will rule them out. Toti, Bueno and Cundle will probably feature at some point tomorrow and Sarkic is almost certain to play 90 mins.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
I think it will be a strong team this team really needs to play togther more so send our strongest team out there to regain some confidence

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
Sarkic will play but apart from that strong as possible. We need to get that winning mentality and a cup rin would be good.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarkic
Semedo, Collins, Toti, Ait-Nouri
Dendoncker, Neves
Traore, Podence, Hwang
Jimenez

Semedo, Traore, Hwang and Jimenez need minutes after a disrupted pre-season, so would get them in the XI.
Toti could be called upon so needs minutes. (or Boly but get the feeling he will leave)
Have Kilman dropping out purely because Toti a left-footer. If Boly isn't leaving, I'd play him alongside Kilman.
Don't think Podence has got going yet

These aren't a bad side so I wouldn't start playing Cundle for example, or any others who are a clear downgrade.

Bruno treated the cup with respect last season, picked a very strong side at Forest just two days after a league game, so with the previous game a Saturday 12:30 and the next one not until Sunday, it should be a very strong XI - and rightly so.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think it would be good to see Gomes play in a back 4. If we don’t buy another centre back we are surely going to need to use him at some point in the premier league.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think all of the players that have been in and around the squad for the first few games, but either haven't played or didn't start the last game will probably be involved.

That includes Boly, Mosquera, Toti, Semedo and Bueno, so maybe we will go back to 3 centre backs to start this one.

Sarkic

Mosquera--Boly--Toti

Semedo--Dendoncker--Cundle--Bueno

Traore--Jimenez--Hwang
With maybe Guedes, Nunes, Ronan, Hodge and Campbell from the bench.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I realise the likes of semedo, nunes & guedes need game time but I'd be concerned that these cloggers might injure one or more of them

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My biggest concern is just getting through the game without one of our lads getting injured.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My biggest concern is just getting through the game without one of our lads getting injured.
Agreed although i am concerned about not getting any goals and cementing morale.

I think they need the minutes in the team and a hardened game to.

Bueno to start at LB

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see something like this

Sarkic

Semedo Boly Toti Bueno

Cundle, Dendoncker, Moutinho

Adama Raul Hwang

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know why I can't Dow load a ticket for tonight onto my smart card?

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm torn between thinking we'll go strong and that it's an opportunity to get the usual midfield and attack some more time to gel and a confidence boost.

Sarkic
Semedo Boly Toti Bueno
Nunes Neves Dendoncker
Traore Jimenez Hwang​

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know why I can't Dow load a ticket for tonight onto my smart card?

Don't think they'd set up the link to the smart cards in time for this one. It wasn't available to do for the first few games either.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
..........................Sarkic
Semedo....Boly......Toti.......Bueno
......Donk........Cundle.....Nunes
.......Traore......Raul.....Guedes

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think all of the players that have been in and around the squad for the first few games, but either haven't played or didn't start the last game will probably be involved.

That includes Boly, Mosquera, Toti, Semedo and Bueno, so maybe we will go back to 3 centre backs to start this one.

Sarkic

Mosquera--Boly--Toti

Semedo--Dendoncker--Cundle--Bueno

Traore--Jimenez--Hwang
With maybe Guedes, Nunes, Ronan, Hodge and Campbell from the bench.

Actually scratch that. Just seen that Campbell, Ronan, Hodge and Mosquera played for the U23s last night. They might be involved at some point, but doubt any of them will start.

Bueno and Cundle were not in the U23 squad, which suggests they could start.

So I'll hazard a guess at this to start.....

Sarkic

Semedo--Boly--Toti--Bueno

Donk--Cundle--Moutinho

Traore--Jimenez--Hwang​

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would still like to see full strength here. Bed the new signings in, let this young group continue to grow together, and gain confidence from hopefully a big win tonight. A 4-0 win at Forest last year kickstarted our season, we need the same tonight.

A goal or two for our front three could be the momentum builder we need.

We don't play again till Sunday, plenty of time for these lads to rest. Preston play on Saturday, so expecting a weakened side from them. Hopefully we get a comfortable lead and then start rotating with the 5 subs after an hour.

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman RAN
Nunes Neves Dendoncker
Neto Jimenez Guedes​

Back
Top Bottom