Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Preston

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would like to see

Sa

Semedo Kilman Collins RAN

Adama Nunes Neves Neto

Raul Guedes

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d like to see a very strong team. We have 3 new signings we need to bed in, a bunch of players coming back from injury, and a young core of players that need the experience whatever the competition.

Preston are a decent side, it’s a nice test for us.

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman RAN
Nunes Cundle Dendoncker
Traore Jimenez Guedes

Rests for Moutinho, Neves, Neto and Jonny.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really isn’t .

Play the first team and win both cups ffs
The next game after a loss is always a must win IMO, especially at the start of the season.

We're odds on to be in the bottom three by the end of the weekend. Remember how important that 2-0 over Watford was last season.

Besides we don't do the cups. Different excuses for different seasons, but one decent cup run in 30+ years tells you that.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of the kids only Bueno, Cundle and Campbell should be anywhere near the squad. The others are nowhere near ready.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sarkic will be in the sticks and we may see Bueno and cundle.

Otherwise adama, Raul, semedo, nunes and guedes should play imo

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will swap most of side I imagine. Question mark whether to give Semedo, Traore, Hwang and Moutinho more mins. I suspect it will be something like this.

Sarkic
Mosquera Boly Gomes Bueno
Cundle Ronan Donck
Traore Hwang Campbell

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I highly doubt it will be the kids. It will be strong side as it has to be. We need a win from somewhere. Play the kids and get tonked and what use is that to anyone?
I think our starters need the rest.

Will swap most of side I imagine. Question mark whether to give Semedo, Traore, Hwang and Moutinho more mins. I suspect it will be something like this.

Sarkic
Cundle Ronan Donck
Traore Hwang Campbell
That looks about right. Bruno will probably bring on some starters for the penalties...

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won’t go as strong as that I don’t think.

I’d guess if we’re looking to maximise minutes for the squad it’d be

Sarkic
Semedo Mosquera Boly Gomes
Dendoncker Neves Cundle
Traore Jimenez Hwang​
Agreed. No point in risking Sa at all

And a few others to her a chance.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
----------------------------Sarkic------------------------------
-Semedo---------Boly-----------------Gomes----------Jonny-
-------------Dendoncker---------------Cundle-----------------
-Traore--------------------Hwang---------------------Guedes-
--------------------------Jimenez------------------------------

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarkic
Semedo Mosq Toti Hugo
Ronan Griffiths Cundle
Adama Raul Campbell

Give Raul 60mins and rest of the squad some competitive minutes
With all due respect, **** the rest of the squad, we need to get back into the habit of winning games. You could argue 5-6 of that side won't even be in the first team squad in two weeks time.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa aside, strongest 11 please.

I'd like to see Lage's Benfica.

Sarkic
Neto Neves Nunes Podence
Guedes Raul

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarkic
Semedo - Collins - Kilman - RAN
Neves
Donck - Nunes
Neto - Raul - Guedes​

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just looking at Preston's recent results:

0-0
0-0
0-1
0-0

Gonna be a belter.
On the other hand though, if we do put a strong team out, we know we're playing against a resolute side that will be hard to break down. A good test for them. Ryan Lowe is doing a decent job there (oh, and they're drawing 0-0 at half time at the moment!).

geowolf

Reaction score
......................Sarkic
Semedo....Collins....Kilman.....Toti
......Donck.........Neves........Nunes
......Traore.........Jiminez.......Hwang

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarkic
Semedo - Toti - Boly - Bueno
Moutinho - Donk - Cundle
Traore - Jiminez - Hwang

T

TheConcourse

Win the football match.

Sa
Neves Nunes
Neto Podence Guedes
Raul

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sarkic
Cundle Ronan Donck
Traore Hwang Campbell
Probably the right names if we’re gunning for the weekend, although Toti and Bueno may be the FBs.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all due respect, **** the rest of the squad, we need to get back into the habit of winning games. You could argue 5-6 of that side won't even be in the first team squad in two weeks time.

Okay, so you're saying let's smash Preston with our first team for morale, but risk them burning out against Newcastle and losing?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarkic
Semedo Kilman Collins Bueno
Nunes Moutinho Neves
Traore Jimenez Guedes
Why do you want killman and Collins to switch sides?

Why play Moutinho in the middle and Neves on the left ?

T

TheConcourse

Okay, so you're saying let's smash Preston with our first team for morale, but risk them burning out against Newcastle and losing?
An hour against a **** Championship team isn’t going to burn them out.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An hour against a **** Championship team isn’t going to burn them out.

This game should be a mix of first team, subs and reserves. When we're winning 2-0 get the first team players off.

We cannot underestimate Newcastle, tired legs and they will bully us all over the pitch..

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We play on Sunday, and Newcastle are playing tomorrow. Do you think these professional footballers will struggle for fitness after four days break? I'd take most of them off after 60-70 minutes regardless, 5 subs helps with that...

T

TheConcourse

People talking as though Newcastle have the week off. They're away to Tranmere on Wednesday night
And will be desperate for a trophy with a pretty thin squad.

Once upon a time we slapped Besiktas and City in the space of 3 days FFS. Fitness coach needs sacking if they can’t get us going for 3 games in a week.

T

TheConcourse

This game should be a mix of first team, subs and reserves. When we're winning 2-0 get the first team players off.

We cannot underestimate Newcastle, tired legs and they will bully us all over the pitch..
No thanks. I’d rather try and win a trophy and get some positive feeling back amongst everyone.

Newcastle don’t bully anyone. They’re another average Premier League side.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We play on Sunday, and Newcastle are playing tomorrow. Do you think these professional footballers will struggle for fitness after four days break?

It's not a four day break though is it? People forget that players still need to train and work on tactics to use against Newcastle..

I'm not saying play the kids and throw the game, I'm saying play a mix but protect out first eleven..

I have no confidence in Hwang, Traore, dendonker being subbed on in prem games and winning us games..

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not a four day break though is it? People forget that players still need to train and work on tactics to use against Newcastle..

I'm not saying play the kids and throw the game, I'm saying play a mix but protect out first eleven..

I have no confidence in Hwang, Traore, dendonker being subbed on in prem games and winning us games..
To be fair, if you look at the side I'd go with, it's got Neves, Moutinho, Neto, Jonny on the bench. I'd argue those were the players who looked the most exhausted today.

I'd play Sa because it gives us a better chance of winning, Semedo needs the match time, Collins-Kilman need all the experience they can get, same with RAN. Nunes and Guedes need to play to adapt to their teammates and the system in lack of a preseason with us. Dendoncker won't be tired. Jimenez needs the minutes, only played 30 against Spurs.

Another hour for most of our starting eleven will benefit them greatly.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, if you look at the side I'd go with, it's got Neves, Moutinho, Neto, Jonny on the bench. I'd argue those were the players who looked the most exhausted today.

I'd play Sa because it gives us a better chance of winning, Semedo needs the match time, Collins-Kilman need all the experience they can get, same with RAN. Nunes and Guedes need to play to adapt to their teammates and the system in lack of a preseason with us. Dendoncker won't be tired. Jimenez needs the minutes, only played 30 against Spurs.

Another hour for most of our starting eleven will benefit them greatly.

You're playing our premier league back four and keeper. Sarkic is deemed a keeper with massive potential and should be starting to help his development.

The players will be training together now until Newcastle, plus they play together for Portugal so they should already have a decent understanding.

Dendonker and Jimenez I don't mind playing as Jimenez needs to score a goal for his confidence..

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're playing our premier league back four and keeper. Sarkic is deemed a keeper with massive potential and should be starting to help his development.

The players will be training together now until Newcastle, plus they play together for Portugal so they should already have a decent understanding.

Dendonker and Jimenez I don't mind playing as Jimenez needs to score a goal for his confidence..
Our Premier League back four has a combined age of something like 23, they need all the experience they can get.

Back
Top Bottom