Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Huddersfield

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Flasks of coffee, shouty men, parent and child spaces ... Don't you all know there's a game on Sunday?

With Jonny out injured we should have an obvious replacement in Vinagre. And for me, there are only a couple of other places up for grabs at RCB and RWF.

Personally, I would start Traore, I think he's been excellent as an impact sub and believe that he would have that same impact given a regular run out. I can understand why some would feel that was hard on Costa given his last couple of performances.

Also, i'm a big fan of Bennett; I think he's probably been the best defensively out of our back three so far, but feel this might be a good game to give Dendoncker donk his first outing as Huddersfield only play with the one up front.

So who would you pick?

- Nuno

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Rui
Ryan Conor Willy
Matt Joao Ruben Ruben
Helder Raul Ivan​

Vinagre for Jonny is the only change I'd make, think the other ten deserve to keep their places from Arsenal. Plus Jota, Traore and Gibbs-White to come off the bench if needed.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui
Ryan Conor Willy
Matt Joao Ruben Ruben
Helder Raul Ivan​

Vinagre for Jonny is the only change I'd make, think the other ten deserve to keep their places from Arsenal. Plus Jota, Traore and Gibbs-White to come off the bench if needed.
It picks itself our Jade.

R

RuncornWolf

Don't sound so disappointed! :D

The other option is...

Rui
Bennett Coady Boly
Doherty MGW Neves Vinagre
Costa Wilson Cav

With Jota, Traore and Ashley-Seal off the bench give the young lads a chance.

R

RuncornWolf

For Huddersfield give the kids a chance to prove themselves and rest Jimenez for 1 week after the internationals.

R

RuncornWolf

I have nothing against Jimenez he has been amazing for us so far, however he did look a bit tired after the last internationals and he does travel the most so I think it would be better to give the kids a chance and let him have a recovery week to be firing on all cylinders against Cardiff.

D

Deleted member 3751

I have nothing against Jimenez he has been amazing for us so far, however he did look a bit tired after the last internationals and he does travel the most so I think it would be better to give the kids a chance and let him have a recovery week to be firing on all cylinders against Cardiff.
He was knackered but he played two full matches in the last round of internationals, with the second one being a couple of days before the Watford game. No involvement in the second one this time around and wouldn't be surprised if he'd already come back to the UK before they kicked off against Argentina

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui
Ryan Conor Willy
Matt Joao Ruben Ruben
Helder Raul Ivan​

I love a double Ruben :D

K

Knocker Lite

If Huddersfield defend deep limiting the space in behind there is a case for Ivan Cavaleiro and Diogo Jota over Helder Costa and Adama Traore because of their ability to play between the lines.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
The one thing the recent series of results and our failure to push on from our early form tells us is that complacency or a relaxed mind-set is definitely not an option in the PL.

If all are fit and fresh it can only be Vini in for Jonny.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd give Jota a run out, with a more offensive wing back behind him it could bring out the performance he needs to get his season going
Be good to see him come on at least, he would definitely benefit from a wing back that runs on the outside rather than cutting in an leaving him isolated. Got to be Cav to start for me though.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Start Wilson? A player that has never, ever even made our PL squad and isn’t showing signs of ever breaking into the team? Yep, ok sure......

Ashley Seal and Ennis both ahead of him now and they wont make the bench on Saturday. Wilson also out on loan at Jumila.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they pack their defence we need Traore dribbling at pace into their penalty area.
Main thing is will the ref be a Friend or For.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd keep same team apart from Ruben for Johnny

W

we8wba

The other option is...

Rui
Bennett Coady Boly
Doherty MGW Neves Vinagre
Costa Wilson Cav

With Jota, Traore and Ashley-Seal off the bench give the young lads a chance.

B A N T E R

Only room for one wum on here pal and it ain’t yow :)

R

RuncornWolf

He's also away on loan at the moment.

Laughable the crap some are coming out with on these forums.

The reason I was suggesting putting the young lads in instead of the likes if Jimenez for 1 match was that they are scoring goals for fun, yes it is at a lower level but it isn't as though they wont have the supply and scoring is as much about confidence as it is anything else.

I have no idea why I put Wilson when I meant Ennis, but still you have young players that are scoring for fun and the only way you bring the youth through is by giving them a chance. I think this would be the perfect opportunity to give them that chance, whilst resting the players that have been involved in the internationals on the other side of the world.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I wonder if we have looked at a 433 in the break and try it tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom