Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Burnley

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Against teams like Burnley this season we should be lining up as attacking as possible.

4-2-3-1 for me or even 4-2-4 depending how the front line up

Rui
Semedo, Boly, Coady, Marcel
Dendonker, Neves
Traore, Podence, Neto
Fabio

Totally agree.

Only change I'd make is Saiss for Boly, but I don't particularly mind.

Go at these from the off and I believe our ability will come out on top. Play within ourselves, looking to keep it tight, and Burnley will love nothing more.

These are exactly the sort of games we need to show we've learnt from in regards to last season. Far too many draws in these type of fixtures have held us back.

8 stalemates in a row against Newcastle, Burnley and Brighton playing 5 at the back. It's time to change it against this sort of opponent.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope that all our players bar the obvious absentees of Jonny and Raul are available. Seems we are carrying a few issues from the Chelsea game according to Nuno today and players will be assessed over the weekend.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Nine subs now allowed but only three can be brought on. Surely the time to name two of Perry, Corbeanu or Shabani on the bench to give us a few more attacking options?
Actually would be great experience for them to be part of the match day

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Burnley playing 4-4-2 I'd keep a back 3 but really push our wing backs on as it was very effective vs Palace.

Rui
Semedo Boly Coady Saiss Ait Nouri
Neves Dendonker
Podence
Silva Neto

Vicious Sid

Reaction score
my answer to the back 3 or back 4 debate is simple - a back 3 1/2 of boly coady kilman ( such a perfect name for a central defender) and podence.
samedo is never a defender and rui needs to be taught a lesson for slapstick goalkeeping for chelseas goal.. unfortunately samedo cost too much to not play him so best answer is drop patricio and put sanedo in goal.
up the pitch putting highly skilled but delicate portuguese up against thugs from the burnley back streets is not going to end well healthwise so might be an idea to get on the phone to kevin muscat, carl cort, shane westley and any city centre bouncers who can get monday night off and fancy giving burnley a bit of what they like to dish out.
sorted

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't rate Semedo but you rate Burr? This place is superb sometimes hahaha
This place what does that mean, their input is important just as much as yours. This place sometimes...

D

Deleted member 11332

This place what does that mean, their input is important just as much as yours. This place sometimes...
This forum.

I agree, probably more important. Times are hard and people need a good laugh.

Reactions: DPE

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we are carrying a few injuries - Donck, Boly & Traore - so I suspect with the games coming up they may all be rested so it could be quite a youthful team for Burnley

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No sign of Donck, Marcal, Traore or Boly in the latest training video that was taken on Thursday. Potentially a big chance for the likes of Otasowie and Corbeanu, Shabani, Perry to be in the squad on Monday. Could potentially force us to revert to 4 at the back.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we don’t risk any of the players who have question marks as to their fitness, if we’re not certain they are 100%.
Might need them for the quick turnaround between the spurs and Utd games.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Would prefer Boly and Kilman in for greater aerial ability. Last season we basically played 325 against them. Happy to have Ait and Nelson in to provide attacking width although as said, not for high crosses.

So

..........................Rui
............Boly...Coady... Kilman
Semedo. Mouts.Otasowie.RAN
..........Podence........Neto
..........................Silva

Midfield 2 could just as well be Neves and Saiss though.

stevev53

Reaction score
No sign of Donck, Marcal, Traore or Boly in the latest training video that was taken on Thursday. Potentially a big chance for the likes of Otasowie and Corbeanu, Shabani, Perry to be in the squad on Monday. Could potentially force us to revert to 4 at the back.
I'm sure I saw Traore but may be wrong

MontyR

Reaction score
Looked like a very youthful team in the training video. Would much rather rest the lads who got knocks against Chelsea, we'll definitely need them for Spurs and United.

Lineup based on who was in the training video:

Rui
Semedo Coady Kilman Saiss
Moutinho Neves
Podence Vitinha Neto
Silva

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 at the back but with pace at WBs like last time at Burnley when we should have won and reached Europe.

Rui
Boly Coady Saiss
Semedo Neves Otasowie (or Donck if fit) Ait-Nouri
Neto Silva Podence

Subs (9?) Ruddy Kilman Hoever Moutinho Marcel Traore Vitinha Corbeanu Perry

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
May be worth moving Saiss to midfield if Donk is unavailable?

Rui
Semedo, Coady, Boly, Marcal
Moutinho, Saiss
Neto, Podence, Traore
Silva

Subs:
Neves
Ait Nouri
Ottasowie
Ruddy
Kilman
Hoever
Vitinha
Corbeanu
Perry

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ill go for 4 4 2

Otasowie

Otasowie Otasowie Otasowie Otasowie

Podence Neto

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ill go for 4 4 2

Otasowie

Podence Neto
I'm surprised how few on here have Otasowie in the team for Burnley. Based on his performance v Chelsea I'd have him down as a cert to start as his build and presence will surely impact the game. If Donc is out I'd definitely have Vitanha in and Neves pulling the strings.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Otasowie started, we may just go with Saiss/Neves/Moutinho, we dominated possession last time we played Burnley, our wingbacks will be key.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was podence in the video.?

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure I saw Traore but may be wrong

I thought i saw Adama with Coady in that video, but no Marcal, Boly or Donk, Im thinking Donk and Boly will be out, which gives Nuno some decisions to make with regards the team and formation especially with the christmas games coming up, it will be all hands to the pump.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With an under 23 match at 1pm today will be interesting to see if Corbeanu is included there or maybe one of the additional subs v Burnley as I think 9 are now allowed.

Last edited:

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Patricio
Hoever Saiss Coady Kilman
Moutinho Neves Otasowie
Traore Neto Podence

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho will slot in for donks which means we will get to see himself and Neves negatively affect each others game for 90 mins :D

geowolf

Reaction score
If Boly and Dendoncker aren't available

Rui
Marcal Coady Kilman
Semedo Neves Saiss Ait-Nouri
Podence Traore Neto

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why couldn’t you just give your opinion on Otasowie rather than include a dig at the forum? it is after all, a discussion forum.
Yes and I was adding my weight to the discussion. I find it bizarre some posters have him nailed on to start when he wont.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if we stick with five at the back. I personally would given how open we look with four at the back. Burnley will go straight up four four ****ing two, I'm sure.

I'm also sure I already posted in this thread last week, but given it's match day and having had more time to think, I'd go with something like the below. And this is assuming Boly and the Donck are out.

Patricio

Saiss
Coady
Kilman

Semedo
Neves
Moutinho
Marcal

Podence

Neto
Silva

Ruddy, Hoever, Ait-Nouri, Otasowie, Vitinha, Adama, another kid unless I've forgotten somebody.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes and I was adding my weight to the discussion. I find it bizarre some posters have him nailed on to start when he wont.

The obsession with the unknown is part of human nature, the calls for RAN Hoever and OO over our established pros, thankfully Nuno sees it differently.

R

reanswolf

You can’t play that same team against burnley.

marcal offers absolutely nothing going forward . You can’t afford that in this formation against the sides we have more of the ball against
Is he the next player you are being negative about? :)-.
Sorry, I'm not trying to pick you up on everything you say, in fact I agree with a lot, just highlighting that you like picking people out if they question the attributes of various players, but then you can do it for certain players yourself because you feel that way.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The obsession with the unknown is part of human nature, the calls for RAN Hoever and OO over our established pros, thankfully Nuno sees it differently.

Was good to see Nuno showing such faith in Otasowie the other night to bring him on at half time against such good opposition. Clearly he feels the lad can offer something.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do like how the mix goes OTT over one 45 min performance. Otasowie will not be starting.

No one has gone massively OTT regarding Otasowie as far as I can see. Most just praising a young player who came on at half time the other night against excellent opposition and looked decent and who clearly Nuno has faith in. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Back
Top Bottom