Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Burnley

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never started one of these but so thrilled with that attacking 2nd half display and the solidity that the 3 at the back gives us I'd love to see-
Patricio
Semedo
Boly
Coady
Saiss
Marcal
Vitinha
Neves
Otasowie
Podence
Neto
I think Burnley is a decent match to give this line up a go.

Reactions: DPE

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Either 4 2 3 1 with same team as sat - moutinho or neves I don’t mind

Or 3 4 3 same as yesterday but with ait nouri lwb and marcal lcb

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back 4 for me. Burnley will park the bus we need Pod in the 10 position pulling strings.

Rui
Semedo Coady Saiss Marcal
Neves Dendoncker/Otasowie*
Traore Podence Neto
Silva

Or if he does stick with 343..

Rui
Boly Coady Saiss
Semedo Neves Dendoncker/Otasowie* Ait Nouri
Podence
Neto Silva

* I don't think Otasowie will get a start straight away its not the Nuno way but I kind of want him too. The physicality will be useful.

Last edited:

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Counter what. Burnley’s got 6 goals.

4-2-3-1.

Hoever-Coady-Saiss-RAN

Neves-Joao

Adama-Pod-Neto

Fabio

Get Hoever a game to keep Semedo honest and give me RAN over Marcal and his backward passes in this one. We can get away with Ruben and Joao here. All attacking options up front, give us a chance to play off Fabio.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure about injuries as Donk went off, Traore and Boly both pulled-up but played on. At least we have a week to get everyone fit. Would be inclined to play the same team and formation, with the exception of Traore for Silva, assuming everyone is fit. Burnley decent defensively, but not blessed with exceptional pace, so run at them from everywhere.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

4-2-3-1.

Hoever-Coady-Saiss-RAN

Neves-Joao

Adama-Pod-Neto

Fabio

Get Hoever a game to keep Semedo honest and give me RAN over Marcal and his backward passes in this one. We can get away with Ruben and Joao here. All attacking options up front, give us a chance to play off Fabio.
Neves and Moutinho together in a 3 is a no no let alone in a 2

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same team for me. Silva is looking better and better the more minutes he gets. If physicality is the area to improve, what better way to show him what it’s all about then away at Burnley! Stick with him.

Adama back to super sub role to torment them with 30 to go.

Otasowie and Vitinha now provide much needed options from the bench in midfield too.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i'd go 4-3-3, but more of a 4-2-1-3 in reality

Semdo - Coady (one from Boly, saiss, kilman) - ait nouri
Neves, Otasowie,
Vitinha
Podence, silva, neto

I would genuinely love to see that given a go think it could be quite an exciting team, but maybe a little too inexperienced in middle of park?

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd stick with the team from last night. Owen in for Donck if Injured. Can easily change into a four later on.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With a normal prem opponent we get into shape and generally don't press their back line until they get into our half.

With Burnley, they will actually launch it towards your box if you let them have easy possession in range to launch it (particularly long diagonals). Range for them is the half way line.

So we need a higher degree of press, higher up the field in this game and then Burnley will give the ball away, they aren't good enough to play through us and don't have pace on the counter.

4-3-3, Boly look after Wood aerially, aim for 60% possession, play in their half as much as possible and the points will be ours.

D

Deleted member 11332

Rui
Semedo Coady Saiss Marcal
Neves Otasowie
Neto Vitinha Podence
Silva

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

4-2-3-1.

Hoever-Coady-Saiss-RAN

Neves-Joao

Adama-Pod-Neto

Fabio

He definitely won’t drop semedo for hoever but I think that would be a good idea as Burnley will definitely target semedo with the high ball over the shoulder.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no idea about this one! I would expect Moutinho to come back in, might be for Dendoncker depending on his fitness, but I wouldn't want to be dropping Neves after last night. What I would stick with (for the rest of this month) is starting a front three of Neto, Podence and Silva, Silva can help give us the shape for an hour then bring on Traore when it opens up

4-3-3

Patricio
Semedo
Coady
Saiss
Marçal
Neves
Moutinho
Dendoncker/Otasowie
Neto
Podence
Silva

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ait-Nouri in at wing back. Moutinho or Otasowie for Donk. This formation doesn't have to be a defensive one.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I’d stick with the three at the back as it gives us an extra aerial option to cope with their set piece threat.

Attacking wing-backs to go at them like we did in the away game last year.

Patricio
Boly, Coady, Saiss
Semedo, Neves, Dendoncker, Ait-Nouri
Podence
Traore, Neto

If Dendoncker is out then I’d play Kilman at the back and move Saiss into midfield.

Fabio for Adama if Adama is struggling.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4-2-3-1 for this one. Our problem has always been breaking down teams like this when we play 3 at the back.

Go back to 3 at the back for the games against Spurs and United.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a shame the experiment of Saiss on the right didn’t work when we tried it. A back 3 of Saiss coady killman might be good , Saiss would support Semedo better.

And at some point I’d still like to see boly back on the left, see if that makes him look like his old self.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

4-2-3-1.

Hoever-Coady-Saiss-RAN

Neves-Joao

Adama-Pod-Neto

Fabio

Ruben and Joao car play together so that pairing is a no no for me.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's very difficult to say, as I think the team and formation will be dictated by whether Dendoncker and Boly are fit. If they are both fit, it has to be the same team for me.

If Boly has done his hamstring, he probably won't be ready for Monday even if it's only a minor strain.

I wouldn't have thought he'd bring Hoever in to play right centre back. Saiss has played there before, so could move over, with Kilman coming in on the left side. Or we could move to a back 4 and either bring Traore in to start, or another central midfielder.

Moutinho is available again, so will be interesting to see if Nuno pairs him and Neves together if Donk isn't fit, or if he sticks with Otasowie as an alternative to Donk after such a promising PL debut.

For the first time in a long time, we actually have quite a few possibilities for both formation and lineup.

With Boly and Donk, I'd like to see the same team that started the game yesterday.

Without Donk, I'd like to see the same team that started the 2nd half (Otasowie in for Donk).

Without Boly, I'd move to a back 4 and bring Moutinho in to play with Donk and Neves in a 4-3-3.

Without both Boly and Donk, I'd move to a back 4, bringing Moutinho and Otasowie in to play in a 4-3-3.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can’t play that same team against burnley.

marcal offers absolutely nothing going forward . You can’t afford that in this formation against the sides we have more of the ball against

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want to know wats happened to Max.If he was dropped because we went with a back 4 then fair enough,but he ay gerrin a look in with 3 central defenders either.is he injured ? Or is it a case of Saiss is back fit and we have to find a place for him in the team.Yeah he had a good game yesterday and I'm probably Romains biggest fan,so I ay really that concerned,just that I dow think max has done too much wrong not to be involved in one of the formations.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about:

4-3-3

Rui
Hoever Coady Kilman Marcal
Otasowie Neves Saiss
Podence Silva Neto

Last edited:

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i'd go 4-3-3, but more of a 4-2-1-3 in reality

Semdo - Coady (one from Boly, saiss, kilman) - ait nouri
Neves, Otasowie,
Vitinha
Podence, silva, neto

I would genuinely love to see that given a go think it could be quite an exciting team, but maybe a little too inexperienced in middle of park?

Love this line up.

Genuinely think one of our issues right now is fear. When we came up (and even last season) we were still plucky under dogs to an extent but we went out without fear and it showed.

Our mentality this season seems so different. Far more cagey, worried about doing the wrong things.

Last night showed that the young guns play without this fear and expressed themselves so well.

Otasowie was strong, mobile and used possession neatly. Silva has an incredible brain and will create for others as they understand him more. Vitinha had limited time but instead of worrying about being caught out he chose to attack and played the ball into Neto. Neto in turn fears nothing. Many would hit the corners and take the point. We all know what happened.

Let's use these incredible kids, play without fear and we'll be in for a hell of a ride.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can’t keep chopping and changing defensive personnel. We need to keep the defence as stable as possible whilst rotating between 4 and 5 at the back

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have much more control during games, with and without the ball, with three centre halves and wing backs.

Boly was very lazy for their first goal yesterday - again weirdly looking like the weaker link out of him, Coady and Saiss, but if he's fit he will start. He actually played OK other than that.

Patricio

Boly
Coady
Saiss

Semedo
Neves
Moutinho
Marcal

Podence

Neto
Silva

Ruddy, Hoever, Ait-Nouri, Dendoncker, Otasowie, Vitinha, Adama

Hoever at right centre half if Boly isn't fit. Kilman played well for us for a few games in a row but I wouldn't want to move Saiss and Marcal away from each other - they look solid next to one another.

I'm never against Dendoncker starting but if he's not fully fit, Moutinho has had a rest and Neves played pretty well so don't mind him not starting this one.

We looked more dangerous going forward with Adama being on but again would start Fabio and utilise Adama off the bench. Burnley will kick lumps out of Silva mind, much like they always did with Diogo.

Wolferoo

Groupie
Reaction score
Burnley have improved significantly and only lost once in the last five league games during which time they have accumulated more points than we have. We know we have issues with set pieces and Burnley are just the sort of team that will try and exploit that so that means no lapses at the back as Burnley are very good at gritting it out if they get the lead. . We will have to be patient and work hard but I would like to see us go in with a positive approach and therefore the four at the back and try to be more dynamic and clinical up front. We are capable of winning this but we have to earn the right to do so also.
As for the personnel, I'll leave that one for Nuno and back whoever he picks.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it all depends on the injury situation,

I would like to see us go with a back 4, with Neves and OO in the middle supported by Vitinha, and the front three of Poddy, Neto and Silva, I would have liked to see Ait Nouri at LB but i doubt Nuno will be so bold, and Marcal has looked very steady in their.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can certainly see the temptation to stick with the same formation and line up, but for me, these are the exact type of games that we need to show we've learnt from last season on.

Against the likes of Burnley, we really have to start with 4 at the back. They have nowhere near enough threat for us to worry about, let alone enough to sacrifice an attacker.

The game at Turf Moor last campaign still hurts. But we didn't particularly deserve to win based on chances. We scored a superb goal, and that was about it really. Play Podence, Neto and Adama as a three behind Silva, and we'll cause them no end of trouble.

For me, keeping it tight, and going with the same team we did last night plays very much into their hands. The teams who really give Burnley a hiding are the ones with pace and directness. They don't have the nous to handle that, and we have the players capable.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same team that started today. Maybe Owen in for Donk if he's injured

Same for me too , Id like to see us dominate possession/ press from kick off and see how Semedo performs if we take the game to Burnley.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio

Burr Boly Coady Saiss Marcal

Neves Otasowie
Vitinha

Neto Podence

——-
Silva against a physical team / defence would be a waste of time! Semedo struggles with defending high balls which is what Burnley also play.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As you can see from this thread we are building a fantastic squad with many options. I would think we need height at the back against Burnley's oop and under, so if no Boly definitely Kilman in somewhere.

Everything about who is ready to play. We now have back up all over the place and it is difficult who to rest.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Got to be 4-2-3-1 fir this game. This is the exact kind of game we started to evolve away from 3 at the back for so I can’t see us not using a back four here.

Patricio

Semedo (although I don’t think this would be a bad game to try Hoever)
Coady
Saiss
Marcal

Moutinho
Dendoncker

Traore
Podence
Neto

Silva

Back
Top Bottom