Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sweet Caroline

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve got rid of the pyro on the Billy Wright side too. Is the big fire ‘W’ just a spectacle for MOTD when the players walk out?

They can’t even seem to get the timing of Cafe Del Mar correct either! Players are already out and lined up when the beat drops

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They’ve got rid of the pyro on the Billy Wright side too. Is the big fire ‘W’ just a spectacle for MOTD when the players walk out?

They can’t even seem to get the timing of Cafe Del Mar correct either! Players are already out and lined up when the beat drops
Yep after having a well choreographed and impressive warm up for the last few years it all of a sudden looks and feel all a bit Poundland. Unfortunately it feels symptomatic of the malaise around all areas of the club at the moment. It’s quite sad.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pre match build up over the last 3 years has been fantastic. This year, it's crap and sweet Caroline just about sums it up - nothing to do with wolves, pathetic mainstream garbage from people who know nothing about football. Yes, I'm in a bad mood.
I don’t know what’s changed behind the scenes with the matchday production but it’s markedly worse this season.

And they talk about improving the “product”.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truly awful introduction to the pre-match proceedings!!!
100% pure cringe!!!

Last edited:

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just can't wait to hear Everybody Wants to Rule The World again,as it would mean we've actually won a PL match at home,a feat none of us have witnessed in person since we bashed Norwich 3-0 in Feb last year!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure what people are moaning about, this is all part of the matchday experience that Vinny is building, well worth the 10% price hike every Summer.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing these new tourist fans turn up to watch a team that is near the bottom three with Coady still playing CB because he's a nice bloke. I'm sure they'll love a bit of Sweet Caroline.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reminds me of Daryl Gurney the darts player, and i don't like him either.

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pre match has been totally garbage all season.

They’ve gone too far in the music over the PA completely dominating things and not allowing any natural atmosphere building up,

Yes this has been an issue for years, but this season it is worse because there is truly no gap in proceedings and the music they are playing is complete insipid rubbish.

It truly is the scourge of the modern football executive (see Sunderland til I die): a sense that fans need massive tunes to “get them up for it”. In fact too much music has the opposite effect and completely stifles a natural big atmosphere.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure what people are moaning about, this is all part of the matchday experience that Vinny is building, well worth the 10% price hike every Summer.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing these new tourist fans turn up to watch a team that is near the bottom three with Coady still playing CB because he's a nice bloke. I'm sure they'll love a bit of Sweet Caroline.
Tongue in cheek but i completely agree. It just smacks of an organisation with no interest in football culture.
Just get rid of tradition and any form of hostility in order to get in a wishy washy bland form of entertainment product that any fair-weather middle class happy clapper will go along with.
Nothing about it says wolves, everything about it is just capitalising on england success and just thinking thats what the 'new age' fan wants. Its all just ******** and i fear for the road we are going down off the field.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Has it come to the point where we embrace Hi ho silver lining and just actually sing the lyrics to it.? Make it ours?!

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It truly is the scourge of the modern football executive (see Sunderland til I die): a sense that fans need massive tunes to “get them up for it”. In fact too much music has the opposite effect and completely stifles a natural big atmosphere.

The best way to "get the fans up for it" is for the team to come out and play as if their lives depended on it

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Sweet Caroline was terrible in the build up Saturday, it was edited to go straight to the chorus and basically fell on deaf ears. The away fans on their day out enjoyed it more than anyone else and that's what happens when you import generic crap from another support group.

I agree with some earlier comments, there doesn't seem to be any room for natural build up of crowd chants pre-game. In fact a couple of games ago the Si Senior song was player over the PA, its not Karoake, its a bloody footy match..

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Whatever they play somebody'll moan. Usually me!
Sweet Caroline is ****e, and I've been cringing at Hi Ho Wolverhampton for years!
I've only just got over when they played 'You'll never walk alone' in Cardiff after we won the play offs.
Just play 'I was born under a wandering star' on a loop and be done with it.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Im guessing that little team who put all the pre match entertainment together have been binned off along with everybody else as its all gone. The most important thing to most supporters (IMHO) is their routine pre-match. I'm all for adding bits to see if they work but everything that would get the hairs on the back of my neck stood up they've got rid of. Black country communion, Fanfare for the common man, great idea to use stairway with RP as our president alongside that great black country montage video they did, even miss black and gold in the 2nd half. If it aint broke dont fix it.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I notice they pre-record the half time interviews now after the shambles first game where the microphone died. It makes little difference as you can’t hear a ****ing thing over the PA anyway. It’s either all bass or just muffle.

Couldn’t even hear the substitution announcements in the South Bank on Saturday and those are usually fine.

Match day production values are now back at about the level they were pre-Fosun. They (or Laurie?) sorted it out pretty quickly but it’s totally regressed now.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with some earlier comments, there doesn't seem to be any room for natural build up of crowd chants pre-game. In fact a couple of games ago the Si Senior song was player over the PA, its not Karoake, its a bloody footy match..
Around me in the Billy Wright Upper the Si Senior song actually proved very popular.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep after having a well choreographed and impressive warm up for the last few years it all of a sudden looks and feel all a bit Poundland. Unfortunately it feels symptomatic of the malaise around all areas of the club at the moment. It’s quite sad.
Fewer fireworks = fewer goals. It's so obvious now.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon we've got about a season and a half before Sweet Caroline is canned after someone finally reads the petition we present after relegation.

We dragged Tom Hark out to the point I couldn't even bear going to games any more without suffering a bout of cringina so this would at least represent 'progress'.

Long live the project

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was pleased that our goals v Spurs weren’t accompanied by any ****ty music. Glad that particular bit of plastic nonsense was left in the lockdown bin.

Last edited:

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, if anyone at the club is reading this.

Try not doing a tribute to someone who has died in the middle of the chorus to Hi Ho Silver Lining.

Jesus Christ. It’s so bad at the moment. I’ll honestly come and sort it out for free if you’re struggling to find someone who knows what they’re doing.

Back
Top Bottom