Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Support from the fans yesterday

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought the support the team received from the whole of the ground yesterday was fantastic. The South Bank was as loud as it has been all season. We all deserve a pat on the back. MM would do well to remember this in case things go horribly wrong later this season.

My own take on the game was I thought we fought like terriers all game but when we scored the equaliser we should have closed the game out with spoiling tactics instead of which we collapsed like a pack of cards and to say I was gutted is an understatement. But I was proud to be a Wolves fan yesterday and came out of the ground with my head held high. Wolves ay we.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need the same level for the next 18 games , the 9 at home need to yield at least 4 wins plus say 2 away .. Should be enough throwing in the odd draw ? 36/ 37 points .

P

Penk Wolf

I did notice some big bloke with a cap singing 'Everywhere we go'.

I didn't realised you sat down there, but I guess it easy to spot people when the idiots start listening to stewards.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did notice some big bloke with a cap singing 'Everywhere we go'.

I didn't realised you sat down there, but I guess it easy to spot people when the idiots start listening to stewards.

Haha can't think who that was?

J

Jungleee

Loud at times, but it did go silent for periods, was good to see SL3 obeying Burton's command!

S

Sharples

Atompshere was good??! For 10 minutes while the kicking lumps out of each other was going on!!

B

bridgnorthwolf

Support and atmosphere were great yesterday.

Frimpong commented on how awesome the crowd were.

C

cooper_J

The period of the game when Walton lost control really helped us (lack of red aside). It really got everyone fired up and it seemed to wake the team up.

I thought my head was going to explode at one point. It's my throat that feels like it now mind...

R

reanswolf

I took my 7 year old up in the South Bank yesterday, I think he found it a bit scary, but was in awe at the volume of the South bank at times. "Hi-ho Wolverhampton" at the start, was the first time he witnessed the song live - the same song he goes about singing at home, and the song he has recorded himself singing on his DS Fifa game. I think it left a hell of an effect on him. Atmosphere as usual at Wolves is dead for long spells, mainly because we were totally on the back foot. But at times it was really volatile too, was that you Burton in the baseball bat down the front trying to get "Everywhere we go" going? Fair play if it was, yoom well menkal.

P

Penk Wolf

was that you Burton in the baseball bat down the front trying to get "Everywhere we go" going? Fair play if it was, yoom well menkal.

$$$$ing hate this club, you can't stand, but you can bring in Baseball bats.

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Acoustics of the ground have gone to pot since the demolition of the Stan Cullis
Could only really hear the south bank during the aforementioned spell of lack of ref.
Not a dig at south bank as thought the whole place was quiet

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like sharples said it was good for about ten minutes other than that very quiet !! I can remember times when it was good for 90 mins , $$$$ed off with keep beig told to sit like a dog , steward was not impressed with my I will when you do reply !! And before anyone says it i know I'm a $$$$ but the blokes behind me didn't want to sit either

J

Jungleee

What I don't understand is why stewards stand all game and block the gangways - they're setting bad examples.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why stewards stand all game and block the gangways - they're setting bad examples.

Lol I like your style :) don't think I've ever seen stewards at a concert telling people to sit down , and as far as I'm concerned before anyone says it I pay to get in not for my seat .

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree and you never hear them singing either! Waste of money IMO.

R

reanswolf

I thought it was very good in fits and starts, not just ten minutes, though it did die for long spells.

By the way where did yow lot meet up in the pub, I nipped in wiv me nippa about 2pm walked around the pub but as someone else said, twas impossible to work out who was Mol Mixers. Don't know why I presumed it wouldnt be aproblem, working out who 10 lads are amongst a pub of 400. Doh once again!

P

Penk Wolf

I was fortunate (Or maybe unfortunate) the first time I met Burton, as I walked into the toilet and a bloke was standing having a pee with Burton on his back.

I would say it's impossible unless you have something to look for.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to disagree but I was in SL1 and I thought the atmosphere was poor - certainly compared to how it used to be. Agreed there was some noise from the central section of the South Bank to our left [I did hear the Cornershop song at one pojnt which was great] but this was an isolated thing and only lasted for about 10 minutes in the first half.

After Chelsea scored the atmosphere was virtually non existent [as chelsea kept reminding us ]. From where I was being forced to sit Chelsea were way louder than Wolves.

It's a shame we can't get behind the team more when we're behind.

P

Penk Wolf

From where I was being forced to sit Chelsea were way louder than Wolves.

It's a shame we can't get behind the team more when we're behind.

The first bit doesn't help the second. As soon as there is a lull, the Stewards pounce and for some reason sections of the South Bank oblige.

W

WasStefan

The first bit doesn't help the second. As soon as there is a lull, the Stewards pounce and for some reason sections of the South Bank oblige.

I remember standing their (as was almost everyone else) and some steward comes along trying to tell this big bloke with a cap on (no offence intended Burton :D) to sit down, he was their for about 2 minutes whilst this bloke sung away ignoring him... Only today I realised it was Burton. Needless to say the steward gave up and walked off. I did chuckle to myself :)

D

Dewsburywolf

I was fortunate (Or maybe unfortunate) the first time I met Burton, as I walked into the toilet and a bloke was standing having a pee with Burton on his back.

That's one hell of a feat :rolleyes:

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would say it's impossible unless you have something to look for.

Next time it looks like the shirt will have to go back on :D

R

reanswolf

Probably too many day tripping families yesterday . Need more lads wearing baseball bats!!

R

reanswolf

Says me day tripping wiv me nippa!! Ironic post of the day ! :rolleyes:

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know you are joking but +1. Same for awaydays. $$$$ the Billy Wright on Tour.
I now sit in the Billy,but i have done my time on the terraces and ran with some boys in the bad old days,so if i want to go and just watch the game i will,thank you very much.:wavey:

Back
Top Bottom