Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Super Mario

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What a fabulous signing he's been, cost peanuts, I had lowish expectations when he arrived, thought he was just a squad filler but he's been superb, been our most important and consistent player in the last 12 months. Gomes is learning a lot from him.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ait-Nouri was up there too with the 8/10 lads Gomes and Semedo. Gomes was a bit meh first half but showed what he's got second.

Lemina, despite being a bit of a card magnet, is just immense. Winning the ball, sometimes when he has no right to, and being able to play a bit and push forwards... ****ing love him!

He's the midfielder we lacked during our Nuno prime.

Agree re the first sentence as well - I always think we're a much better side when RAN plays.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can I just say what an absolute performance from Mario today with Gomes beside him...

The effort, desire and attitude he's shown on the pitch is just what we need.
His smile when he scored was pure delight...

We have our own Super Mario
Absolutely agree, Mario was absolutely outstanding. If only he was five years younger! Our captain in all but name.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fast becoming my favourite current player.
Hope he doesn't become my daughters favourite though, everytime she latches onto one, they seem to get sold or released!!! Lol

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely the player Wolves were missing. Unfortunately, we will never get to see him in that side. It would have been incredible.

I like the fact that he wants to stand up and be counted and never hides away. For me, he is our most important player by a distance.

Love the man to bits and just pray he is at Wolves for the rest of his career. He epitomises everything I ask for and want from a player in the old gold.

Timberrrr

Reaction score
Runs himself into the ground and leads by examples absolutely love him but I've got to say he's making gomes into a monster of a midfielder aswell and at the risk of getting shot down from the middle of the 2nd half to the end of the game no one ran more or put more effort or tackles in than gomes.the kid is phenomenal

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Should be the captain. The guy is absolute quality, would walk into Liverpool's, United or Chelsea midfield straight away but seems to love it here!

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could do with another lemina signing in January for a different posistion.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we are lucky getting Super Mario at the right time. He has matured & feels like he has missed out on the prem before. It is his time. He said something similar I believe I added it is his time.
Yep. Had we got him 5-6 years ago when it could have happened it may well have been the same kind of hit and miss short visit that he had at Southampton and Fulham, he was in a very different place mentally. Now we're arguably getting the best version of Mario Lemina that there's been. The ability that took him to Juventus but with a mature mentality to go with it

Proper player and leader, bloody love him!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the guy that should be rewarded with a long contract and improved wages, ala Hwang. Never puts in less than 100% and the way he celebrated making a goal saving tackle in the first half made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
His game yesterday was immense as first half, only he and Semedo stood tall. Second half, despite the booking, he continued to run the show. I do love these 'put a shift in' players. ;)

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What an absolute colossus he is alongside Gomes. Not many sides have players that celebrate tackles and blocks and we have 2 of them.

Neto and Cunha in free roles/inverted forwards playing off a proper striker is the dream..

Just need Bouba to become another version of Lemina and Gomes as they do so much dirty work we are always going to see them missing games through suspension.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Lemina was a cracking footballer when he was at Southampton and was disappointed we didn’t sign him a few years back when a deal looked close. £9 million at his peak must be one of our best value for money signings ever in the premier league? He’s worth 3 or 4 times that easy. 4/5 years younger and you’d be doubling that again. He’d quite probably walk into Chelseas billion pound XI tbh?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top marks on recruitment here . He is just what we needed. My proviso is he needs careful management. He’s a fiery one.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here is one for you...I said it to my dad in jest yesterday, but it's been bugging me since. So let's see if it gets shot down...

'Lemina is the best centre mid we have had in the last 15 years'

Yes, I realise that includes Mouts and Neves. They are different types of players, but is Lemina a stronger presence so more effective? Or is it a case of us having desperately missed his type of player, we are overjoyed when finally get one!

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top marks on recruitment here . He is just what we needed. My proviso is he needs careful management. He’s a fiery one.
He will get 10 or more bookings a season. Probably a red or two . But none of it will be spiteful or malicious just over zealous

Back
Top Bottom