Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sunderland Till I Die

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward to this. On Netflix now highlighting last season relegation with a lot of behind the scenes stuff.
Glad our boys could put a bit of a happy ending story by going on holiday when we played them.

Wanderer Til I Die

Reaction score
I like Sunderland. A well supported club us Wolves fans can all relate to having suffered back to back relegations just like them in 2012 and 2013. Hope they can bounce back sooner rather than later, because the longer you are down in the lower divisions, the harder it is to claw your way back up as many clubs have found out (Bradford/Charlton/Coventry/Walsall)

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sunderland host Newcastle U21's in the Checkatrade at the start of January.
Speaking to a couple of Newcastle fans last Sunday, they told me that they'll be taking a shed load to the Stadium of light which will out trump the 4K that Stoke took to Port Vale a couple of weeks ago.
Apparently, tickets have risen from £3.00 (for Sunderlands previous game) to £15.00.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Met a sunderland fan on our way up to Newcastle. Needless to say he wanted to wish us luck against the toon. Always found good folks from the north east in my experience.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sunderland folk are much better than Geordies

Last edited:

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky killing football
Moxey killing Norwich
Political Correctness killing MolMix

agree to this

Erm. Top 2 agree. Whats political correctness gone mad? Dissagreeing with homophobic comments? The rainbow thread influenced that line in footer bless.

As for Sunderland, decent bunch, can't beat the Mick Mccarthy derby.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember the Sunderland documentary from the late 90s when Peter Reid was in charge. I wonder if this one will be as good.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No issues with Sunderland either. Proper club and proper supporters in my experience. My Boro wife and daughter might disagree though!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the first 3 episodes tonight. Jesus Christ, what a shambles of a club. How anyone in charge of a club could have looked at Simon Grayson and thought, yes, he’s the man to lead and represent our club, the mind boggles. Looks and sounds like he has stumbled straight from the local Mecca bingo.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always found Mackems and Geordies a good bunch. Very fair and always praising Wolves and our fans. Also, not scummy like that Chelsea lot we are talking about on another thread.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just came on Netflix here today.....which really surprised me. Our Netflix IS probably different from yours(UK) as it is from the US...little or no football stuff.
I hope they put the City one on sometime.

Last edited:

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just came on Netflix here today.....which really surprised me. Our Netflix IS probably different from yours(UK) as it is from the US...little or no football stuff.
I hope they put the City one on sometime.
Might need Amazon prime for that. Won't be on Netflix.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might need Amazon prime for that. Won't be on Netflix.
Thanks for that....
Truth be told.....not sure if I will watch Sunderland......would only bring back some deep pain about Wolves in previous years.
On the other hand, my lovely Canadian princess does not have any idea of the irrational,immature, bond I have for Wolves and how her normal,bright, 64 year old husband has sometimes reverted back to a 14 year old schoolboy these last 20 months or so....I’m giddy with excitement...lol
If she and I watch Sunderland together, she may get an inkling of the passion....the heartbreak...etc.
Don’t you just love what happening to us?

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s well filmed, and I’m only one, optimistic, episode in but (spoiler alert) it’s like watching a car crash in slow motion

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sunderland host Newcastle U21's in the Checkatrade at the start of January.
Speaking to a couple of Newcastle fans last Sunday, they told me that they'll be taking a shed load to the Stadium of light which will out trump the 4K that Stoke took to Port Vale a couple of weeks ago.
Apparently, tickets have risen from £3.00 (for Sunderlands previous game) to £15.00.

Supply and demand. The first rule of business, is business.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Supply and demand. The first rule of business, is business.
It’s the policing costs mate. For most of the paint pot games they could one, maybe two stands open. Handful of away fans, no trouble.

They’ve now got their local rivals (albeit U21s) who they’ve not lost to in years but are now two divisions apart. It’s not going to be an easy match to police

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Just watched part 1, think I'm gonna enjoy it! I like Sunderland tbf, some brilliant fans.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finished the series tonight.

It’s really good, better than the City on id say.

I love that there is no narrator and things are presented from the fans point of view.

Towards the end there are a few scenes where things get a little heated that I didn’t expect to see, which I think really added to it.

Only bad point was during games they kept cutting to shots of the player / manager from completely different games, which was kinda funny.

D

Deleted member 4453

Started it Tonight, think I'll be hooked for the rest of the week.

Like mentioned above like a car crash in slow motion. Just waiting to see when it completely falls apart.

Think it's quite interesting watching the other side of the coin too. In regards to our season.

I do like the quick flashes of the table, back to the days when Cardiff were in front.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it's the Newcastle kids Vs Sunderland's 1st team.

As Stoke found out, it doesn't always go to plan. Be a shame if Newcastle took 4,000 there and lost.

D

Deleted member 4152

Watched the first 3 episodes tonight. Jesus Christ, what a shambles of a club. How anyone in charge of a club could have looked at Simon Grayson and thought, yes, he’s the man to lead and represent our club, the mind boggles. Looks and sounds like he has stumbled straight from the local Mecca bingo.
Terry connor. Dean saunders.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Grayson was their Saunders.
Like us Sunderland will return to the Promised Land.
Another proper club with proper supporters.... ;)

iantendo

Reaction score
It’s well filmed, and I’m only one, optimistic, episode in but (spoiler alert) it’s like watching a car crash in slow motion

I imagine it would be a bit like watching a horror film where you already know that nobody survives in the end

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine it would be a bit like watching a horror film where you already know that nobody survives in the end

Dean Saunders stars in the new zombie apolcalypse "20 Games Later"

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been discussing it with a Mag at work this morning (he’s seen it all the way through). We both agreed the sheer arrogance/expectancy at the start is particularly galling (or as another Newcastle-supporting colleague put, funny) given what happens at the end of the season.

Looking forward to watching the rest.

The other thing we discussed was the timing/decision to actualy film this. If you try and search on Google all you get is recent results talking about the release of the series. Presumably, someone (possibly Martin Bain) decided this would be a great way to showcase a promotion season back in June/July 2017?

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched it over the weekend. Coleman comes across really well in the doc and his early optimism getting ebbed away is quite something to behold.
The Chief exec could give Moxey a run for biggest cowboy. As for Jack Rodwell....well
Fans come across well.

D

Deleted member 4453

Think the soundbites from players and members of the club during the Stargate so naive.

The GK Steele just comes across a bit of a dope as does Grayson.
In fairness the CEO seems the only one with any kind of levelheadedness.

The fans or shareholder meeting in the 2nd episode where there is a prolonged silence is awkward and uncomfortable also.

Obviously I haven't seen any more episodes so could change from episode to episode.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it's the Newcastle kids Vs Sunderland's 1st team.

As Stoke found out, it doesn't always go to plan. Be a shame if Newcastle took 4,000 there and lost.

From what the guy was saying in the Newcastle pub, they'll far exceed that amount.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Finished the series tonight.

It’s really good, better than the City on id say.

I love that there is no narrator and things are presented from the fans point of view.

Towards the end there are a few scenes where things get a little heated that I didn’t expect to see, which I think really added to it.

Only bad point was during games they kept cutting to shots of the player / manager from completely different games, which was kinda funny.

I've seen the first 4 episodes of the Man City one, been pretty rubbish so far and when Pep gives his team talks I can barely understand a word he says. The highlight so far is seeing the ridiculous money spent behind the scenes, summed up perfectly by the special football boots hair dryers they have.

Also, it seems every club with money has to have a kitman who just acts like an idiot all day to entertain the players, Chelsea had that guy who just used to dance for them and Man City have that slaphead kitman who seems to barely do a thing with the kit and instead just plays up to the camera desperate for attention.

Ben Kingsley's voice is a bit too intense and dramatic for a football documentary.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Erm. Top 2 agree. Whats political correctness gone mad? Dissagreeing with homophobic comments? The rainbow thread influenced that line in footer bless.

It is all the Political Correctness *******s on the Political threads but hey you know best.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Finished watching it, really enjoyed it. Thought Chris Coleman came across really well, very genuine sincere guy who I think didn't realise what a shambles the club was. That Scottish chief executive obviously talked a good game but didn't really ever have control of what was going on. The real heroes were the staff behind the scenes, that chef lady and the player officer for example. I remember reading once someone said "a football club is only as good as its staff behind the scenes".

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Enjoying it so far.

Would also really recommend the ‘Bobby Robson - More Than A Manager’ documentary on Netflix. A great tribute to a truly wonderful man.

Really interesting to see both Mourinho (who comes across really well) and Guardiola united in their praise and warmth for him. The moments with Gazza are incredibly touching too.

On a personal level, when a friend of mine was diagnosed with the same form of cancer as Sir Bobby, the great man took the time to call my friend to pass on his advice, guidance and best wishes.

A real football man and a true English gentleman.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoying it so far.

Would also really recommend the ‘Bobby Robson - More Than A Manager’ documentary on Netflix. A great tribute to a truly wonderful man.

Really interesting to see both Mourinho (who comes across really well) and Guardiola united in their praise and warmth for him. The moments with Gazza are incredibly touching too.

On a personal level, when a friend of mine was diagnosed with the same form of cancer as Sir Bobby, the great man took the time to call my friend to pass on his advice, guidance and best wishes.

A real football man and a true English gentleman.

Added that to my watch list. Really looking forward to seeing it.

Back
Top Bottom