Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sunday 15th October

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can’t remember if it was pay on the day, just know there were thousands of us there, felt like a home game.
Remember going on the coach, the winner, being middle of the terrace and then virtually on the pitch when it went in! But not alot else!

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thanks for that Supergran

My how the game has changed with the commentator describing Floyd's challenge as a ' good challenge ' which of course it was back then, now that would be a straight red, as for Shane Westley's two footed lunge seconds after, if then was now we would have been down to 9 men !!! In fairness, Mark Barham just got up and got on with it there was no screaming and 5 alligator death rolls that follow every slightly mistimed challenge we get these days !

Loved that winning goal in front of that magnificent Wolves away support ! None of this modern " I will not celebrate if I score " crap from Bully, it was a full on " Up Yours " to the Albion muppets !!!!

Mark Kendall was one of the best shot stoppers and reflex save keepers I have seen. " Kendall, Kendall show us your **** ! "

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My how the game has changed with the commentator describing Floyd's challenge as a ' good challenge ' which of course it was back then, now that would be a straight red, as for Shane Westley's two footed lunge seconds after, if then was now we would have been down to 9 men !!! In fairness, Mark Barham just got up and got on with it there was no screaming and 5 alligator death rolls that follow every slightly mistimed challenge we get these days !

Loved that winning goal in front of that magnificent Wolves away support ! None of this modern " I will not celebrate if I score " crap from Bully, it was a full on " Up Yours " to the Albion muppets !!!!

Mark Kendall was one of the best shot stoppers and reflex save keepers I have seen. " Kendall, Kendall show us your **** ! "
Never really noticed those challenges previously, ha, the second one was a full on 2 footer. Love it. No one will ever, ever convince me football has changed for the better.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just been reminded by a few Benny's on Facebook, we've only won , once at the ****, since that day ...

Always someone who tries to spolle ya day aye they....

Last edited:

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That goal by Bully is the longest goal celebration I think I’ve ever been a part of :D.

As a side note, attendance of 21300, 7500 of those being us, and we could have took more but they wouldn’t give us the whole end.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
That goal by Bully is the longest goal celebration I think I’ve ever been a part of :D.

As a side note, attendance of 21300, 7500 of those being us, and we could have took more but they wouldn’t give us the whole end.
Sadly wasn't at this game, but I was at the one we lost 3-2 (sorry to lower the mood) when they'd taken the roof off and we had IIRC something like 11,500 in a crowd of 25,500. We also had the whole end for the Hindmarch game didn't we?

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t remember if it was pay on the day, just know there were thousands of us there, felt like a home game.
There was 9000 Wolves fans that day if I remember correctly
I was on crutches that day with a broken leg, how I stayed on my feet when Bully got the last minute I’ll never know

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I only have good memories of Mark Kendall, he was a real character and a far better goalkeeper than he was given credit for. He was an absolute gentlemen off the pitch, always happy to talk to fans and sign autographs for the youngsters. It was tragic that he was taken far too young.

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly wasn't at this game, but I was at the one we lost 3-2 (sorry to lower the mood) when they'd taken the roof off and we had IIRC something like 11,500 in a crowd of 25,500. We also had the whole end for the Hindmarch game didn't we?

I was at the game when Iwan Roberts got a Hattrick, Bully got the other and celebrated in front of the Albion fans. They weren’t too impressed. I think we had the whole of the Smethwick end that day.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the reason why the 1989 win was so massive for us was that it was the first BCD since the 1983/84 season, which was quite a time gap compared to the 60's and 70's. Add in the fact that we were on the way back after the Bhatti years and that it was Bully in the last minute in front of us and away days don't get much better.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I was at the game when Iwan Roberts got a Hattrick, Bully got the other and celebrated in front of the Albion fans. They weren’t too impressed. I think we had the whole of the Smethwick end that day.
Yes, I think so. Much smaller capacity though, only just over 5k I think, although compared with the South Bank's open sides the atmosphere stays in much better.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was in the Rainbow Stand that day as we could only get home tickets. When Bully scored my mate Tony jumped up in celebration. When he sat down there was a deafening silence until the large guy next to me said "Wolves fans are you?" I could hardly deny given the circumstances. "Dont worry you'll be OK in here" he said and we were.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
When the ball was put across I was at the back of the Smethwick Rd End by the time Bully wheeled away in celebration I was at the fence.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does anyone really think prime Bull would be any good in our current team? I think after the Luton game I saw someone write, ooh we could have done with bully playing. I’m not so sure.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Does anyone really think prime Bull would be any good in our current team? I think after the Luton game I saw someone write, ooh we could have done with bully playing. I’m not so sure.
Absolutely love to have him in our team. He might have to reign some of it in a bit, he'd look raw as hell next to some players, but then he'd smash it in the net and nobody would be arguing about his touch.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly, anyone who tells me this isn’t our biggest game by ****ing miles is an idiot.

One win at that **** hole in 34 years is actually sickening (and I missed full time at the 4-2 as was thrown out after Roberts hat trick haha).

Pray we get them in the cup.

Back
Top Bottom