Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This would be an amazing signing. Can't see it happening myself, but said that about a few of our signings in the past!

Did you see how good he was against City in the Champions League?
Villa linked with him I can’t see it should of got him when he was at Valencia always a very solid DM

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Carlos soler for me , over kondogbia if we have that sort of money to chuck about .......last year of his contract at Valencia, will be other suitors but with mendes and his Valencia connections we should be asking ......

Geoffrey scores as many goals as donk.......

Last edited:

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's just hope it's true

With the odds of increased season ticket prices Increasing an investment is needed to keep numbers up

Ok so we sell neves 50 mil plus say if fosun agree to put in another 20-40mil plus any fringe sales allows some good money for targets

Striker looking like a target man , 2 x cm are a must as well as a cb depending on who stays goes

Winger would be nice but not really on the need list

If we are going to be better next season change is needed, we thank those leaving for their service and move on. Evolution not revolution
No more FXXXing wingers!!!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
41FD14BB-EE35-4D07-91E3-780C060BEB8F.jpegC52195C1-C4F6-41E3-A38F-E972EAF14EF4.jpegEA217EC4-B465-4236-A1E0-A5E6674C316F.jpegE32A9A8A-DB45-4B26-8EB1-55D9ABC54D03.jpegDon’t forget to look at some of these players Scott Sellars! No transfer fee required

Free agents this summer

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’d scored 4 in 9 before the Arsenal game.

Yep, but performance wise he was poor for his standards before the injury.

Just some excerpts from games before the injury:

Raul looks disinterested, Adama always moaning, Dendoncker barely trying, and to top it off none of them celebrated the goal together! Jiminez just looked peed off that he hadn’t scored.

don't see the goalscoring issues being fixed within the current squad.

just wish Raul could get his mojo back for more than 10 minutes a game.

Raul was poor for 70 mins

Jimenez 5 - also poor . Nothing came off for him

Raul - Looked lost until the last 15 mins with no support. Fluffed his lines two or three times. Great header but offside. Story of his day. 6

And some posts it won't let me quote:

(These are taken from a thread where we won)

"Jiménez - off day and needs to concentrate on doing the simple things well. 4"

"- Raul poor choices on the final pass (he has so much credit in the bank though)"

"Raul 4 (maybe a 5, right now I am fuming)"

"Jiminez 5
Did some lovely things and worked hard but he is so selfish it is unbelievable. No point in playing anyone next to him if he refuses to pass. Not slipping in Podence after great build up play highlights this."

"Raul looks either ill or he is suffering from the lack of sleep during fatherhood"

"I do see that jimenez looks like he is struggling maybe fatherhood is on his mind who knows."

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair a goal every 2.5 games for a winger is pretty good.

I didn't realise he was a winger. Right sided? Would still leave us needing a central goal threat who can trouble defences.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t get obsessed by the central striker over a forward with an end product. We’ve been brought up on traditional No 9’s, and I think that’s what we all crave but the trend is more about clever interchangeable forwards who can operate anywhere across the forward line

Completely agree. We were spoilt by Bully growing up, but football has moved on.

Rangnick was quoted in his debrief as saying United need more ‘modern forwards’. By this, he’s talking about players like Salah, Mane, Jota, Diaz, Sterling, Havertz, Son, etc.

They had one in Greenwood, but hopefully he will never play again!

A team’s main goal threats are coming from wider inside forwards nowadays.

Probably why Bruno is after a target man and maybe a player like Guedes to play off him. In that dynamic, Guedes would be the main goal-threat.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly. This nonsense that you don’t improve by selling your best players is absolute BS.

Now we’re left with players who are stale, out of form, with valuations dropping through the floor.

Now is the right time to sell Neves. Then build.

You don't ... and never will progress by selling your best players and replacing them with inferior players!

If by selling Neves or Neto we can get in better players to replace THEM , then I have no issue.

Unfortunately last few windows has shown thats not the current way we do things.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are plenty of excellent players who will have 1 year remaining on their contracts in the summer who will be available for between 10-20mil and Wolves should be taking advantage of that.

Marcus Thuram, Guedes, Soler, Grimaldo, Youcef Atal, Milenkovic, Celeta-Car, Laimer, Schlager, N'Dicka, Aouar, Renato Sanches, Malinovskyi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cherki, Caqueret, Kostic, Kalajdzic, Kamada, Mukiele, Muriel, Frueler, Moukoko, Ceballos, Arambarri, Adarabioyo, Lemar, Guerreiro, Dalot, St. Juste, Moussa Dembele.

All will be relatively cheap this summer and thats before you take into consideration players at teams such as Olympiacos & Salzburg that will accept 10-15mil for players like Mady Camara or Luka Sucic.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone expecting that the summer window will see us competing for the top six needs to give their head a wobble. Our current position of 8th massively flatters is based on performances and we need a very good window to finish in the top half next season. We struggle to create chances let alone score them, none of Saiss, Boly, Coady and Moutinho are going to get any better, Neves is likely to be going and there’s little evidence that we’ll ever see the pre-injury Raul again.

All the noises coming from the club are simply to sell season tickets and unless there’s a big change in approach from the club we’ll be looking down the league not up it next season.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t get obsessed by the central striker over a forward with an end product. We’ve been brought up on traditional No 9’s, and I think that’s what we all crave but the trend is more about clever interchangeable forwards who can operate anywhere across the forward line
I agree to an extent but be handy if they could score a few goals really......

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't ... and never will progress by selling your best players and replacing them with inferior players!

If by selling Neves or Neto we can get in better players to replace THEM , then I have no issue.

Unfortunately last few windows has shown thats not the current way we do things.
Real Madrid sold Ronaldo.....haven't done bad since :)

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't realise he was a winger. Right sided? Would still leave us needing a central goal threat who can trouble defences.
I’ve only ever seen him play on the left, but apparently he’s been playing centrally this season which explains the higher number of goals!

T

TheConcourse

It’s a tired lazy cliche.

Where it falls down is when recruitment is bad, like you say. They’re getting both elements wrong at the moment.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone expecting that the summer window will see us competing for the top six needs to give their head a wobble. Our current position of 8th massively flatters is based on performances and we need a very good window to finish in the top half next season. We struggle to create chances let alone score them, none of Saiss, Boly, Coady and Moutinho are going to get any better, Neves is likely to be going and there’s little evidence that we’ll ever see the pre-injury Raul again.

All the noises coming from the club are simply to sell season tickets and unless there’s a big change in approach from the club we’ll be looking down the league not up it next season.

You are right up to a point.

I think we are at the most risk of being involved in a relegation fight since we came into the division. Leicester, Newcastle, and Villa, will invest. Even Everton or Leeds (if they survive) will be much better.

If you were looking now for next seasons struggles you would have to look at the teams who struggle to score. So us, Burnley, Southampton, Brentford, Brighton and I guess the three promoted sides.

I am sure I read somewhere that Brighton have a striker out on loan somewhere that's been doing well and they have some very smart agreements already in place for the summer - plus they played us off the park, so I don't expect them to be in much trouble.

Assuming we sell Neves, If you offered me 12th today I would rip you hands off.

Unless we have a stellar summer window then I really worry about next season. I think the promoted sides look far better this year and there have been too many big sides that have under performed.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure I read this time last season we were in major danger of relegation. We don't know what our team will look like next season but I do know that some clubs will throw money around but won't improve much.
Can we sell them Cutrone, Semedo, Hwang and get them to take Trincao and Jose on loan?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think we are at the most risk of being involved in a relegation fight since we came into the division. Leicester, Newcastle, and Villa, will invest. Even Everton or Leeds (if they survive) will be much better.

If you were looking now for next seasons struggles you would have to look at the teams who struggle to score. So us, Burnley, Southampton, Brentford, Brighton and I guess the three promoted sides.

I am sure I read somewhere that Brighton have a striker out on loan somewhere that's been doing well and they have some very smart agreements already in place for the summer - plus they played us off the park, so I don't expect them to be in much trouble.

Assuming we sell Neves, If you offered me 12th today I would rip you hands off.

Unless we have a stellar summer window then I really worry about next season. I think the promoted sides look far better this year and there have been too many big sides that have under performed.
You say I’m right “up to a point” then agree with me. I’m confused!

fleck1

Reaction score
I'm sure I read this time last season we were in major danger of relegation. We don't know what our team will look like next season but I do know that some clubs will throw money around but won't improve much.
Need to get over the obsession with throwing money at it as a solution, Villa and Everton have been out spending us for years just to look up the table at us. Man Utd have thrown obscene amounts of money at transfers and wages to spend a season fighting for Europa League with us. A clear structure and a long term plan/vision for where you want to go as club is worth far more.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score

Taking the wool off my eyes, I have to agree with your post Ponty.
Fingers crossed for a very strong summer window to help us finish top half to seventh, no mean feat given other mid-table clubs will strengthen too.
A top six place would require a mega window, more strength on the bench and a bigger squad too, its not likely to happen any other way.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh really, I didn’t know that. Explains the improved goal output then. I’ve only ever seen him play on the left.

He's played mainly on the left in his club career until this year then upfront. For Portugal he's played mainly down the middle when I've seen him.

I don't think he'll be the goal scorer and upfront I think he needs to be in a 2. Big improvement on what we currently have.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A clear structure and a long term plan/vision for where you want to go as club is worth far more.

Exactly, and the club haven't shown they're capable of doing this since promotion.

We should have been succession planning for Moutinho 3 seasons ago, we should've been succession planning for Neves as soon as we pivoted to sell-to-buy, and we most certainly should've been making incremental gains to our defence.

As it stands, we're in a position where we need to add quality to the squad AND replace quality players that are sold/out of contract whilst managing very tight purse strings.

We could seriously be in a position where we have to bed in 2 new centre backs and 3+ new midfielders whilst losing the spine of the squad (Neves, Moutinho, Saiss, Boly). It could easily go wrong.

People who think we're in an okay position because we're 8th in the table are burying their heads in the sand, unfortunately. 8th doesn't help us keep / attract players who want European football, 8th doesn't help us keep / attract players with their national team ambitions.

Last summer was a massive transfer window for us, we stood still and it passed us by. This summer is huge.

I hope we don't make the same mistakes.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

No disrespect intended but every year its the same story with those clubs.

Everton for example I remember reading on here how they were going to be the next big thing when they signed Rodriguez he wasn't interested in playing for them despite the big money.

Villa made a similar signing in Coutiniho which cost a lot of money.

The truth is these players who have a big reputation do not sign for Wolves, Everton or Villa if they are top 6 quality they got to the top 6 or big european teams the truth is They are not top 6 quality players just have a reputation based on former achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom