Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will definitely go strong this summer.....can see the forward line changing drastically......think we will definitely sign guedes, Rafa Silva and a target man........We will also sign a centre back, not sure who, but it will probably be a right sided centre back..wouldn't rule out carter Vickers as he is decent in the he air, physical and homegrown..... wouldn't be again David carmo at Braga, although he is more left sided...

Main concern is midfield... if we could be add palhinha, to neves n moutinho it would be ideal....but palhinha instead of neves , for me still leaves us a bit to do...

Don't be surprised to see a few leave for funds.... obviously Traore, more than likely Neves and maybe Donk n Gibbs for different reasons.....as I've said before, can see gibbs wanting out .....and quite a few fringe players as well...

Last edited:

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Summer 2022 Transfer Window plan! Bruno Lage insists Wolves have a summer transfer plan to help the club 'jump' into top six contention.

"It's not just Wolves, it will be the 20 teams that compete in the Premier League."
Sounds more like a summer transfer excuse being lined up...

Surely they had a plan last summer as well? Lage was pretty clear that more players where needed. Yet here we are...
Happy to be proven wrong of course.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can tell the ST Renewals are due soon...
Exactly this.....:rolleyes:

Let's force Bruno to "sell the message" first and see if it convinces them all to renew. As with many newspaper reports, the headlines really differ from his words/messages within the article (only my opinion).

The only thing he is quoted as saying is: "To jump from here to there we have a plan and we'll do our best to convince the players we want, the right personality to increase the level of the team and create competition".

Typical journalism..........

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is why I hate it when anyone from the club says anything as they’ll get bashed regardless. Say nothing and the whole “the PR team is rubbish, we get told nothing about future plans and investment” come out and say something and it’s “actions speak louder than words, we’ve heard it all before”.

They literally can’t win.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wholesale changes are never good, look at the vile last season. We need 4 good signings in the key areas mentioned. I'd like to see MGW stay and be given a chance in this league with us.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is why I hate it when anyone from the club says anything as they’ll get bashed regardless. Say nothing and the whole “the PR team is rubbish, we get told nothing about future plans and investment” come out and say something and it’s “actions speak louder than words, we’ve heard it all before”.

Of course they can. Back words with action and most will be happy...

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We made wholesale changes when Nuno arrived and it more than paid off.
We also did it the season before and it didn’t. But I’d agree that out of the three time we’ve done it recently (Jacketts first season as well) it’s paid off handsomely twice and been very meh once.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont get the suggestions for MGW to go. The main concern seems to be the jump from the Championship to the prem. However if you take that view, surely the only league you can sign players from is the Prem and top end of Spain, Italy and Germany leagues. With the way he's played this year we should be doing all we can to integrate him as a 1st choice player. He can score and create for people, something our wide forwards seem to have difficulty with at the moment!

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's quite simple really - build some faith. They had faith up until September 2020, then it started fading.

Everything since then has been, from the POV of running the club, an absolute mess (other than our finances being ok).

If we actually have a plan - then deliver. Then people will be more likely to believe it, rather than question it.

And no, delivering in this case does not mean "bring in a load of Mendes Youths".

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We made wholesale changes when Nuno arrived and it more than paid off.

That's true, but that was a whole lower level. I really believe the gap between middle of Championship and middle of Premier is smaller than the gap from top 6 Premier to middlde of Premier.

When Nuno arrived, we acquired several new players already playing in the Champions League, they were way ahead of Championship level. It would be the equivalent of us spending at least £250M and bringing 3 or 4 of the brightest up and coming talents in Europe in. Like getting that Vinicius in from Real, or something. And even then, we wouldn't run away with the Premier league title!

Yes, wholesale changes can work, if they are inarguably big improvements on what we have. It would simply cost too much, though, so will never happen. We've hit the glass ceiling where any player who would lift us, is going to have Europes elite clubs interested in them too.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let's just hope it's true

With the odds of increased season ticket prices Increasing an investment is needed to keep numbers up

Ok so we sell neves 50 mil plus say if fosun agree to put in another 20-40mil plus any fringe sales allows some good money for targets

Striker looking like a target man , 2 x cm are a must as well as a cb depending on who stays goes

Winger would be nice but not really on the need list

If we are going to be better next season change is needed, we thank those leaving for their service and move on. Evolution not revolution

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
I believe the lack of business in the summer '21 and January windows has probably cost us a shot at European football next season. The Traore decision in particular was baffling.

I won't pay any attention to a word they say until they've signed the defenders we need to switch to a back four and a central midfielder who can carry the ball upfield. Same as we've needed for the last three years.

If we start next season with a back 5 with Coady and Saiss at the centre of it then words will fail me.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wholesale changes are never good, look at the vile last season. We need 4 good signings in the key areas mentioned. I'd like to see MGW stay and be given a chance in this league with us.
Wholesale changes have made palace a far better side.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seeing Guedes being touted as a possible forward strengthening. Is this the Guedes that's scores about 1 game in 5 playing in one of the better Spanish teams?
Am I being too picky?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't think we need wholesale changes. This is a group who have 3 top 10 (hopefully 8) finishes in the last 4 seasons. Just needs a few fresh first team faces.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont get the suggestions for MGW to go. The main concern seems to be the jump from the Championship to the prem. However if you take that view, surely the only league you can sign players from is the Prem and top end of Spain, Italy and Germany leagues. With the way he's played this year we should be doing all we can to integrate him as a 1st choice player. He can score and create for people, something our wide forwards seem to have difficulty with at the moment!
I agree with all that..It`s always a risk though playing someone in the Prem that`s doin the business at Chump level,.. i`m hoping we play one or two top sides pre season and if MGW can excel in them, then there`s every chance he can do in the Premier League..

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With MGW, he had started to play well for us in the PL at the back end of last season and started this season well in the small amount of game time he was given. I am convinced he has what it takes.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing Guedes being touted as a possible forward strengthening. Is this the Guedes that's scores about 1 game in 5 playing in one of the better Spanish teams?
Am I being too picky?

If you are not happy with the likes of Guedes then I think you are going to be extremely disappointed.

I am not saying he is some superstar, but to be honest I think he will be about the height of our transfer ambitions this summer. I actually think he is an improvement, but we will see.

T

TheConcourse

This is what happens when you don't sell players at their peak and let their contracts run down.

It's not always bad to sell players! Fergie was a master at selling a player in their pomp. After having done so well with Cavaleiro and Costa, we ****ed it with Traore.
Exactly. This nonsense that you don’t improve by selling your best players is absolute BS.

Now we’re left with players who are stale, out of form, with valuations dropping through the floor.

Now is the right time to sell Neves. Then build.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you are not happy with the likes of Guedes then I think you are going to be extremely disappointed.

I am not saying he is some superstar, but to be honest I think he will be about the height of our transfer ambitions this summer. I actually think he is an improvement, but we will see.
You may be right, I'd only looked at his average record since he went to Valencia, he has much improved this season, hopefully (should we sign him) this season isn't am anomaly

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think he might to leave himself......we sign a couple of forwards and a midfielder, might he think career is better elsewhere...

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do you think he might to leave himself......we sign a couple of forwards and a midfielder, might he think career is better elsewhere...
That's what I think might happen, I'd love him to come back, fight for his place and be given a proper chance (not 5 minutes here and there).
Suspect if Sheff utd can afford him or one of the other promoted clubs bid, he'll be off.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's what I think might happen, I'd love him to come back, fight for his place and be given a proper chance (not 5 minutes here and there).
Suspect if Sheff utd can afford him or one of the other promoted clubs bid, he'll be off.
He didn't want to stay in January...I understand his descision, and would understand if he wanted to leave......think people might be in for a suprise in the summer....think we will sign a few first teamers and not sure where it will leave the likes of Gibbs , Sanderson n Giles etc...... nobody wants Gibbs to leave as such but I think some appreciate it's a decent time to sell (maybe)...

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He didn't want to stay in January...I understand his descision, and would understand if he wanted to leave......think people might be in for a suprise in the summer....think we will sign a few first teamers and not sure where it will leave the likes of Gibbs , Sanderson n Giles etc...... nobody wants Gibbs to leave as such but I think some appreciate it's a decent time to sell (maybe)...

Everyone has their price and let's say Sheffield go up and want him they will pay a good fee for him which benefits both the player and the club

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that he could be prepared to stay if he is promised a fair chance of a starting shirt or at least regular game time. After what happened last season l can see why he'd have doubts.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's all about building trust. Say something and then follow it up, if not your next statements are open to ridicule

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's quite simple really - build some faith. They had faith up until September 2020, then it started fading.

Everything since then has been, from the POV of running the club, an absolute mess (other than our finances being ok).

If we actually have a plan - then deliver. Then people will be more likely to believe it, rather than question it.

And no, delivering in this case does not mean "bring in a load of Mendes Youths".
Having a plan to break the top 6 is easy, actioning that plan is considerably more difficult as shown by bigger and more affluent clubs than us have shown.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely, but I think we should be trying to persuade him otherwise and only bring in 1 wide forward to show him He's in proper contention

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I'm trying to catch up with the players we've started to be linked with as I'm sensing the rumour mill is clearing its throat and there'll be a procession of links coming through in the next few days. So far I think we have:

• Goncalo Guedes - Forward, Valencia (£15m?)
  • Pedrinho - Attacking Mid, Shaktar Donetsk (£18m)
  • Rafa Silva - Attacking Mid, Benfica (£?)
  • Joao Palhinha (again) - Defensive Mid, Sporting (£?)
  • Geoffrey Kondogbia - Defensive Mid, Athletic Madrid (£?)
  • Hugo Ekitikie - Forward, Stad Riems (£?)
  • Hirving Lazano - Forward, Naploi (£?)
  • Cameron Carter-Vickers, Centre-Back, Spurs (£10m)
Have I missed any?

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with all that..It`s always a risk though playing someone in the Prem that`s doin the business at Chump level,.. i`m hoping we play one or two top sides pre season and if MGW can excel in them, then there`s every chance he can do in the Premier League..
This is my point though. Any transfer, even from another Prem team is a risk! If we push him out to another team again next year you can pretty much guarantee he'll be off before too long. We should be the ones giving him a chance.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having a plan to break the top 6 is easy, actioning that plan is considerably more difficult as shown by bigger and more affluent clubs than us have shown.
You're generally right, it isn't easy. At the same time, one can say Wolves' planning (or lack thereof) has resulted in poor transfer windows. It doesn't have to be mutually exclusive here.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have been linked with Guedes for years now
He had a great partnership with Jota in the national teams i believe as they were coming through a few years back
I would love to see him here, but he needs another forward to work with,better than anyone currently playing for us at the moment

Puddled Duck

Reaction score
Jeff will play it tight!!!, sell to buy???, then say chuck £30 million on top out of this years SKY TV money/sort of profits!!!!, to sort of break even in the financial year!!!, he's been doing this for over 3 years???.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom