Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we might even look to cash in on Coady. If so, that adds to the pot substantially.
I think it's time honestly, his stock is high and we need to move on from using his position. Will miss him off the pitch far more than on it IMO but if we want to truly evolve and compete there's no room for sentiment these days. Anything north of 20-25m would be a great fee for him

Blast tyrant

Reaction score
Random name who I’ve been really impressed with…Scott Twine at MK Dons. League One Player of the Year. Over 20 goals and fantastic set pieces.

Think he’s good enough to make the step up and can see somebody taking a gamble on him next season.
Totally agree with this. Good young player. Definitely worth taking a gamble on him.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With rumours about a possible Bruno sacking, I wonder if it will make a difference to potential targets who might be inclined to move to Wolves.
Or does it matter as the window is still a ways off?

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With rumours about a possible Bruno sacking, I wonder if it will make a difference to potential targets who might be inclined to move to Wolves.
Or does it matter as the window is still a ways off?
What rumours???

Unless I'm mistaken its a few mutterings on a wolves forum of a bust up which some have now turned to Bruno will be sacked :)

I wouldn't really class that as a substantial 'rumours' really Haha

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell to buy...don't get the shock horror everytime transfer window comes around. Been about 3 years on the trot that's how we run things. Accept it! Don't see any issues with it tbf.
I don’t think anyone is overly shocked, but I can see a few issues with this approach - its meant we haven’t had a particularly good window in about 3 years now and we haven’t really built on what we have. We haven’t signed a decent CB or CM in all that time. We have by all accounts a decent manager who hasn’t really been backed with funds and allowed to sign any of his own players.

Yes it Spiers so pinch of salt, and I’m not suggesting we go nuts, but I did think our owners were also supposed to have a bit of ambition? IMV we are rapidly reaching a point where some investment is perhaps needed on their part. Its their prerogative how much/little they spend of course, but I can absolutely see why people might be anxious about this summer. The squad needs an injection of quality - 3 or 4 good players at least, and thats without us selling anyone like Neves first.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion that Spiers “source” is actually Sellars or someone very close to Sellars.
This is purely guesswork on my part.

Nevertheless, we also need to appreciate that whoever Spiers‘ source is, they probably use him more for the club’s benefit more than for increased digital revenue for The Athletic.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion that Spiers “source” is actually Sellars or someone very close to Sellars.

Nevertheless, we also need to appreciate that whoever Spiers‘ source is, they probably use him more for the club’s benefit more than for increased digital revenue for The Athletic.
Spiers is mostly wrong lol

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is poor from Spiers is that he has worded it to sound like we have no money to spend this summer. Yes it is most likely 90% of our budget will come from player sales but there are likely to be quite a lot of those that give us a lot of money to spend.

Potential Wages Gone - Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal, Moutinho

Potential Sales
Neves(60), Adama(25), Dendoncker(20), Gibbs-White(20), Hoever(10), Vinagre(7.5), Boly(6), Sarkic(4), Sanderson(5), Giles(5), Ronan(1), Kawabe(4), Jordao(2.5), Cutrone(3) - £173mil if those players sold at those prices obviously I don't know the exact amounts these players would fetch may have high balled a few and low balled a few but still a lot of money raised from sales with Neves being the only major loss there with the rest either back up or not in the first team anyway.

What Spiers should be saying is that Wolves have a lot of dead wood they need to get off the wage bill but once they do they will have the funds to spend to improve the first team.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
What is poor from Spiers is that he has worded it to sound like we have no money to spend this summer. Yes it is most likely 90% of our budget will come from player sales but there are likely to be quite a lot of those that give us a lot of money to spend.

Potential Wages Gone - Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal, Moutinho

Potential Sales
Neves(60), Adama(25), Dendoncker(20), Gibbs-White(20), Hoever(10), Vinagre(7.5), Boly(6), Sarkic(4), Sanderson(5), Giles(5), Ronan(1), Kawabe(4), Jordao(2.5), Cutrone(3) - £173mil if those players sold at those prices obviously I don't know the exact amounts these players would fetch may have high balled a few and low balled a few but still a lot of money raised from sales with Neves being the only major loss there with the rest either back up or not in the first team anyway.

What Spiers should be saying is that Wolves have a lot of dead wood they need to get off the wage bill but once they do they will have the funds to spend to improve the first team.

I’d sooner keep Neves and sell Donk(15) Coady(20) Traore(15) Raul(20) even Jonny(20) if he’s a bad egg. Vinagre has already netted 10mil apparently.

You’ve got 80-100mil and any other spare change from the other squad players you mentioned to spend on the quality CB and CM we need. Replace Raul with a loan w/option

And replace Traore and Jonny from within the squad MGW/Bolla.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d sooner keep Neves and sell Donk(15) Coady(20) Traore(15) Raul(20) even Jonny(20) if he’s a bad egg. Vinagre has already netted 10mil apparently.

You’ve got 80-100mil and any other spare change from the other squad players you mentioned to spend on the quality CB and CM we need. Replace Raul with a loan w/option

Jonny had always been regarded as a consummate professional and far from a bad egg. If things have got so bad that he's kicking off l would suggest that he is not the problem. Frankly l have zero trust in Lage choosing replacements for half of the squad.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where has anyone said Jonny is a bad egg?
We have unsubstantiated rumours of some sort of argument on the training ground with Jonny, Raul and Bruno involved
No one knows anything of what went on,and training ground spats happen daily at all clubs
Everything ive heard about Raul and Jonny points to them being total professionals,and quite reserved characters, so i see no reason to call them out on this one

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's 100% Sellars, IMO.

I remember reading Spiers' articles in the build-up to last summer saying he heard Wolves would be 'creative' in the market, target loan to buys and all this. Then when that Ask Wolves video came out Sellars was using the exact same terminology that Spiers had used in his article.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
In the E&S today, Dave Edwards reckons the team needs fresh blood and are desperately in need of investment to take the next step.

Dave goes on to say, Wolves 'are in such a good position that it would be a real shame if they became another bottom half Premier League team. It will be tougher next year to finish in the top half and Wolves really need to invest and add some fresh faces'.

So, lets see what comes out of the Ask Wolves session, and what the club does over the summer to really improve the team for next season.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Where has anyone said Jonny is a bad egg?
We have unsubstantiated rumours of some sort of argument on the training ground with Jonny, Raul and Bruno involved
No one knows anything of what went on,and training ground spats happen daily at all clubs
Everything ive heard about Raul and Jonny points to them being total professionals,and quite reserved characters, so i see no reason to call them out on this one

Although not relevant to what the main theme of my post was, I will kindly respond that no one did. I said “even(sell) Jonny if he’s a bad egg.”

People inside the club would know more than us . I think if anything did happen it’s been made a mountain out of a molehill anyway. Had we performed well last weekend we’d have heard nothing of it.
Jonny had always been regarded as a consummate professional and far from a bad egg. If things have got so bad that he's kicking off l would suggest that he is not the problem. Frankly l have zero trust in Lage choosing replacements for half of the squad.
Again, not entirely relevant to the potential transfers my post was based on but I’m sure that we can agree there might be a problem within though. What it is exactly is up for debate.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get any surprise in what Spiers has said or repeated what he has been told by Wolves. What is the club going to say? We have a war-chest of £500m and splurge it on XYZ? Of course they are guarded in what they say and Spiers accordingly.
Wolves will do what they will do and certainly will not pre-announce any moves.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure how reliable but I have been told Leicester and us were looking at Habib Diallo at Strasbourg against PSG the other night.

26 years old, 6 foot 1 striker from Senegal, 12 goals and 2 assists this season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the E&S today, Dave Edwards reckons the team needs fresh blood and are desperately in need of investment to take the next step.

Dave goes on to say, Wolves 'are in such a good position that it would be a real shame if they became another bottom half Premier League team. It will be tougher next year to finish in the top half and Wolves really need to invest and add some fresh faces'.

So, lets see what comes out of the Ask Wolves session, and what the club does over the summer to really improve the team for next season.

Edwards is bang on here. Up to Fosun to deliver this summer.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although not relevant to what the main theme of my post was, I will kindly respond that no one did. I said “even(sell) Jonny if he’s a bad egg.”

People inside the club would know more than us . I think if anything did happen it’s been made a mountain out of a molehill anyway. Had we performed well last weekend we’d have heard nothing of it.

Again, not entirely relevant to the potential transfers my post was based on but I’m sure that we can agree there might be a problem within though. What it is exactly is up for debate.
Re your last para agreed. I find the continuing silence curious and concerning. I hope that no one in the club thinks that Saturday was anything other than wholly unacceptable.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure how reliable but I have been told Leicester and us were looking at Habib Diallo at Strasbourg against PSG the other night.

26 years old, 6 foot 1 striker from Senegal, 12 goals and 2 assists this season.
We had scouts there but not sure who we were watching… Habib Diallo was on the bench for that game and only got subbed on in the 70th minute

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I've also seen Habib Diarra mentioned from the same game - 18 year old defensive midfielder (France u18 international), however he was only on the bench

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Random name who I’ve been really impressed with…Scott Twine at MK Dons. League One Player of the Year. Over 20 goals and fantastic set pieces.

Think he’s good enough to make the step up and can see somebody taking a gamble on him next season.
We desperately need to sign someone who's 'fantastic at set pieces' as ours are barely Conference level

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

These are the sorts of transfer that tend to work out better too.

Lower fee, lower expectation, and more buy in and backing from the fans!

Take Chiquino as an example. £2.5m, his attitude alone has won fans over. If he'd have cost £25m, it would be, "well he runs around a lot, but he's not scored any goals".

Moutinho - £5m, Bennett and Ruddy on frees, Saiss - £3m, Coady, £2m, Doherty - £75k before all of them! Free or low fees = low risk gamble. Hope to see quite a few of this type of signing this summer.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These are the sorts of transfer that tend to work out better too.

Lower fee, lower expectation, and more buy in and backing from the fans!

Take Chiquino as an example. £2.5m, his attitude alone has won fans over. If he'd have cost £25m, it would be, "well he runs around a lot, but he's not scored any goals".

Moutinho - £5m, Bennett and Ruddy on frees, Saiss - £3m, Coady, £2m, Doherty - £75k before all of them! Free or low fees = low risk gamble. Hope to see quite a few of this type of signing this summer.
For every one that works though.... Also while the initial fee is low that isn't necessary so for wages.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For every one that works though.... Also while the initial fee is low that isn't necessary so for wages.

Yeah, agree on a lot of higher profile free transfers. This seems to be the new way players are pushing up their earnings. See out their contract and drive up the price for signing on fee and wages. I blame Aaron Ramsey and Juve. £400k a week!

Pogba will be on some ridiculous contract somewhere next season. Mbappe too.

The players who purposefully run down their contracts for a pay-day are the ones we should probably be avoiding like the plague anyway!

But someone like this lad mentioned from league 1, we could probably pay him £20-30k a week and he'd be over the moon.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What rumours???

Unless I'm mistaken its a few mutterings on a wolves forum of a bust up which some have now turned to Bruno will be sacked :)

I wouldn't really class that as a substantial 'rumours' really Haha
Ok, after all the chatter since Brighton and the different threads, I thought there was a rumour or two.
I don’t do any social media other than here so seems I was wrong.

So if there’s no rumour then players’ agents across Europe won’t be even slightly concerned about their player maybe joining Wolves.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have we missed the boat getting Palhinha? Swear he was only gonna cost 20m last summer?!
He was about 15m two summers ago....when we was supposed to be interested but a realiable source in Portugal did say it was paper talk and wolves hadn't been in contact (but everybody got their knickers in a twist).. ..he then had a good season and went into the 40m bracket , last summer and was touted as neves replacement......some reports do say this summer , you might get him for 30m....and is still touted as neves replacement, but some reports do say he isn't keen on wolves ..

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Agent desperately trying to drum up interest. Mixed season at Sporting, who continue to have cash problems and need to generate funds to strengthen, and down the pecking order in the national team. No way is anyone paying more than 15-20m, Max

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, after all the chatter since Brighton and the different threads, I thought there was a rumour or two.
I don’t do any social media other than here so seems I was wrong.

So if there’s no rumour then players’ agents across Europe won’t be even slightly concerned about their player maybe joining Wolves.
Nope they won't as just like most deals nowadays it's the club that buys the player more so than the attraction of the manager, especially for clubs like ours. Do you think the lad Newcastle signed from Lyon cos of his desire to play for Eddie Howe?.... Nope.

Any deals we're looking we're doing so regardless of whether it's Tim, Dick or Harry at the helm. I wouldn't be surprised if new players don't even meet the manager on many occasions until the deal is signed :)

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope they won't as just like most deals nowadays it's the club that buys the player more so than the attraction of the manager, especially for clubs like ours. Do you think the lad Newcastle signed from Lyon cos of his desire to play for Eddie Howe?.... Nope.

Any deals we're looking we're doing so regardless of whether it's Tim, Dick or Harry at the helm. I wouldn't be surprised if new players don't even meet the manager on many occasions until the deal is signed :)
Partly true but I do think Coutinho and Digne only went to Villa because of Gerrard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom