Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we could get him for about 15/18m ........and while we are taking with his agent....Luis Felipe on a free from Lazio.....(same agent)..
That would be nice if we could get Felipe, Nketiah just scored not a target man but I reckon he would do well if we put the cash on his wages

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton supposedly after Traore to replace Richarlison if Barca don’t take up his option. Imagine after all this having to end up playing under fat frank at that comedy club? I’d be asking Jeff if that contract offer of his was still on the table tbh.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton supposedly after Traore to replace Richarlison if Barca don’t take up his option. Imagine after all this having to end up playing under fat frank at that comedy club? I’d be asking Jeff if that contract offer of his was still on the table tbh.
He’ll go he’s after the big money, someone will take him off our hands even if it is Valencia for Guedes

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’ll go he’s after the big money, someone will take him off our hands even if it is Valencia for Guedes
I suspect you are correct. They will think they can get him on the cheap, but will almost certainly offer him silly wages. I’d happily do that deal with Valencia personally.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s Tammy Abraham doing these days?

I remember him. Slow, skinny lad, scored a couple of lucky goals for Villa, had the delusion of reckoning he had better options than Wolves. Last I heard he was huffing and puffing around some backwater Italian village team, that'll teach him...

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever happens this summer, I’ll always have the 2010 transfer window in memory to keep me grounded. I was away in Devon and hadn’t followed the final day of the window. The following morning my dad told me he’d heard we’d signed a striker, Bent on loan.

I was stunned, there was no way Wolves had managed to pull off the signing of Darren Bent who’d scored 24 times for Sunderland the previous season in the premier league.

It took me about 10 minutes with poor phone signal to eventually load the E&S to find out that I was right, we hadn’t managed to sign Darren Bent at all. The dismay when I saw this headline slowly load in front of me will forever help keep me grounded when I’m disappointed we’ve only spent £20m on a forward instead of the £70m one we were spuriously linked to:

A striker who had been frozen out of Blues because he was worse than Cameron Jerome, cheers Jez, that’ll boost our apparent aspirations of top 5 in the PL.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is with Traore is that he's now at the point where what you see is what you get. I doubt any coach in the world can get him to cross a ball accurately and regularly he doesn't possess that skill and never will. His blistering pace is so frustrating as very few players have that but he can't shoot and can't cross with the odd exception. So much of a players football DNA is probably more or less fixed by 20ish, if you can't do it then you probably never will, although you can get exceptions.
If Traore could shoot and cross accurately his value would be immense.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is with Traore is that he's now at the point where what you see is what you get. I doubt any coach in the world can get him to cross a ball accurately and regularly he doesn't possess that skill and never will. His blistering pace is so frustrating as very few players have that but he can't shoot and can't cross with the odd exception.
If he could shoot and cross accurately his value would be immense.

Said it for ages too, but he's one bad hamstring injury away from being a very average player.

How many players that rely on explosive pace are still as effective into their late 20's? Not many. Owen, Walcott, Lennon, the list goes on.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was very good a couple of season s ago... hasn't done as well last few season but Valencia have struggled a bit..... would offer us the physicality aspect , decent in the air......30 caps for Uruguay......be decent as a 3rd option
Would a Uruguayan international want to come to Molineux to play as third option.... Behind an 18 year old? Maybe EPL wages would keep him happy?!
Think we really need a striker, probably most lightweight there in top half of the table?
MGW just don't know with his consistency, but he is class with that vision and finishing we need for our attacking midfielder.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Thelwell influence. I would expect a bid for Donk as well as he was Wolves best signing according to Thelwell. Must admit I have a slightly different opinion although I don’t think Donk is as bad as some suggest. But a cash rich (post Richarlison sale) Everton would be great as we could relieve them of all that money with just two sales - £30m each to Everton!

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it’s going to be a very interesting summer with lots of outgoings and a few incoming. Fully expect several absolute meltdowns on here and talk of a relegation battle before a ball is kicked.

Thought this last year.
I think we'll keep this whole squad together until they all retire the same season and go to the same old folks home.
Lisbon over 75s league watch out!

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would a Uruguayan international want to come to Molineux to play as third option.... Behind an 18 year old? Maybe EPL wages would keep him happy?!
Think we really need a striker, probably most lightweight there in top half of the table?
MGW just don't know with his consistency, but he is class with that vision and finishing we need for our attacking midfielder.
Depends on how you class striker I suppose, if you mean an out and out number 9 then we definitely aren’t.

Man City don’t have a striker at all, although they’re not doing too badly without one mind!

Liverpool only really have Firminho as what you’d class as an actual striker but mostly play one of Jota, Salah or Mane there.

Chelsea have Lukaku who isn’t performing, Havertz and Werner play as forwards but I wouldn’t class either as a proper striker.

Spurs have Kane and then forwards rather than strikers as there other options.

Arsenal have Lacazette who isn’t really doing it, Nketiah too but obviously he’s a younger option.

Man Utd have one in Cavani and a goal scorer in Ronaldo. Rashford and others can play centrally but aren’t 9’s.

West Ham have Antonio as their only striker and he isn’t really a 9 himself anyway.

The team with the most depth in terms of strikers in the top half is probably Leicester, but it hasn’t helped them any more than the teams above them (injuries have had an effect too).

What we really need is goalscorers, whether they’re out and out strikers, wingers, inside forwards, attacking midfielders or whatever isn’t too much of an issue for me, just a couple who can put the ball in the net or provide enough chances for our current forwards to do so.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every side in the league apart from six, maybe seven, could be in a relegation battle.

Our stats say if Jose Sa is no longer exceptional, just average, we would be a bottom half team.

If we don’t have Neves, Moutinho, Saiss and maybe a few more, there will be huge pressure on our recruitment team to deliver or we could easily struggle.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every side in the league apart from six, maybe seven, could be in a relegation battle.

Our stats say if Jose Sa is no longer exceptional, just average, we would be a bottom half team.

If we don’t have Neves, Moutinho, Saiss and maybe a few more, there will be huge pressure on our recruitment team to deliver or we could easily struggle.

Agree with this. If we lose Neves, Moutinho, Saiss, Boly these are big and experienced characters to replace in the squad. Recruitment would have to be spot on this summer. Hopefully they will get it right this summer but big pressure if all those players go.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There’s a whole lots of “ifs” there.

Lots of “ifs” last summer and we were in a relegation battle yet we sit a massive 24 points above relegation with 6 games to go.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has fell out of favour I think with Uruguay...but he has got decent competition.....don't see why he wouldn't want to come to premier league, nearly signed for west ham 3/4 season ago and the price was 40m........can't see any reason at all , probably Europe would help as there would be plenty of opportunities to play, and 5 subs will help as well ..

Rumoured 45k a week at Valencia..I'm sure 60/70k would persuade him....I think the club might want cutrone wages off the wage bill though..

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on how you class striker I suppose, if you mean an out and out number 9 then we definitely aren’t.

Man City don’t have a striker at all, although they’re not doing too badly without one mind!

Liverpool only really have Firminho as what you’d class as an actual striker but mostly play one of Jota, Salah or Mane there.

Chelsea have Lukaku who isn’t performing, Havertz and Werner play as forwards but I wouldn’t class either as a proper striker.

Spurs have Kane and then forwards rather than strikers as there other options.

Arsenal have Lacazette who isn’t really doing it, Nketiah too but obviously he’s a younger option.

Man Utd have one in Cavani and a goal scorer in Ronaldo. Rashford and others can play centrally but aren’t 9’s.

West Ham have Antonio as their only striker and he isn’t really a 9 himself anyway.

The team with the most depth in terms of strikers in the top half is probably Leicester, but it hasn’t helped them any more than the teams above them (injuries have had an effect too).

What we really need is goalscorers, whether they’re out and out strikers, wingers, inside forwards, attacking midfielders or whatever isn’t too much of an issue for me, just a couple who can put the ball in the net or provide enough chances for our current forwards to do so.
Good reply......
Agree with all that... And yes it does depend on definition of strikers.....and whether that matters. Salah, a wide forward or striker? He just scores for fun!!
Thought Hwang would be prolific after his first month....

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good reply......
Agree with all that... And yes it does depend on definition of strikers.....and whether that matters. Salah, a wide forward or striker? He just scores for fun!!
Thought Hwang would be prolific after his first month....
Hwang may be able to score more if our front 3 played as narrow as Liverpool’s do, and if we created the chances for our forwards that they do too.

We’ve got forwards who don’t have a history of scoring a great deal in a team that doesn’t create a vast amount. Both aspects will need to improve really.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s a whole lots of “ifs” there.

Lots of “ifs” last summer and we were in a relegation battle yet we sit a massive 24 points above relegation with 6 games to go.
Of course there is, we're trying to predict the future, we don't know.

But I expect a few of those 'ifs' to happen, such as Neves leaving and I am expecting Moutinho not to renew. So, they will need to be replaced and I certainly do not trust the recruitment team to get things right in terms of incomings.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it’s going to be a very interesting summer with lots of outgoings and a few incoming. Fully expect several absolute meltdowns on here and talk of a relegation battle before a ball is kicked.
Are "meltdowns" going to be posters unhappy with the direction of recruitment in not replacing and freshening the starting defenders and midfielders? I love the hypothetical MolMix posting boogeymen that many here loving complaining about and talk of meltdowns before the first player in England is signed.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Are "meltdowns" going to be posters unhappy with the direction of recruitment in not replacing and freshening the starting defenders and midfielders? I love the hypothetical MolMix posting boogeymen that many here loving complaining about and talk of meltdowns before the first player in England is signed.
From what i've seen there'll be a meltdown if Jeff puts his fag out in the wrong ashtray! :tearsofjoy:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course there is, we're trying to predict the future, we don't know.

But I expect a few of those 'ifs' to happen, such as Neves leaving and I am expecting Moutinho not to renew. So, they will need to be replaced and I certainly do not trust the recruitment team to get things right in terms of incomings.
My point is it would take a monumental fall away to be in the relegation battle. I also fully expect Neves and Moutinho to go, I also expect them both to be replaced as well. I think our current position gets disregarded a lot on here, yes we’re 8th but we’re a massive 8 points clear of the next team. With my glass half full head on 8 points further on puts us in the champions league. There was all sorts of sheer panic last year centered around our recruitment and others recruitment and how we were in a relegation dog fight when the table says we’ve increased significantly.

There will be more go than come in, I’m absolutely sure of that but for instance are we really worse if Saiss and Boly left and Yerson/Toti and Sanderson stepped up? The only player in our squad I think we’ll struggle to get a proper like for like replacement is Neves and that’s because in my mind he’s our only genuine elite level player

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa - like any club who spends stupid money on players - will be very very dangerous when they get it right. Hopefully they sign Coutinho and a few more 30 year olds on big wages
Worked well for Everton! The likes of Sheffield Weds and Derby also spent big in the Championship and failed spectacularly. The key bit is getting it right which sounds easy but frequently isn't.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I understand being nervous about things last Summer- we came 14th and looked on a downward trajectory. We couldn't be sure about Bruno and still had numerous long term injuries to get over.

This Summer, we will likely have finished 8th, Bruno has proven himself to be better than many of the most feted managers (Vieira, Gerrard, Lampard, Hassenhuttl, Potter etc) and our whole first team squad looks set to report for pre-season training if we want them there.

If you are a Wolves fan with expectations of the top 6 it is fair to say you might have got carried away. We may all want and hope for that but the expectations can never realistically be much higher than this peak. So just lighten up and see what happens. The idea we will get relegated is pure disaster fantasy- our team is significantly better than the majority of teams in the League as proven over 32 games so far and 3 out of 4 top 10 finishes since promotion.

Guo, Jeff, Sellars, Bruno (with support from the Mendes partnership) have all proven themselves far shrewder and fundamentally better than swathes of our competitors. So let them get on with the business and back them. They are the best we've ever had and these are the times to enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom