Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think I'd go for many of these Braga lot, hot headed, total lacking composure.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we’re really going to regret not signing Vitinha when we had the chance. He would have been now 2 years on working with Moutinho and a ideal like for like replacement.
He really wouldn’t
My worry is that someone like liverpool come in for Neves as Henderson aint getting any younger at 31.
i reckon neves is nailed on for Liverpool

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Neves will go to either of City or Liverpool. They dominate possession and don’t need a deep playmaker like Neves. Given the pair of them are miles ahead of every other team I don’t see them changing from a dominant holding midfielder as it works and Neves is a completely different player to Fabinho and Rodri. I guess time will tell but I think it’s likely to be Arsenal, MU or abroad.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ten Hag apparently wants rid of Ronaldo as he doesn’t suit his style of play. Welcome, Cristiano!

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t think Neves will go to either of City or Liverpool. They dominate possession and don’t need a deep playmaker like Neves. Given the pair of them are miles ahead of every other team I don’t see them changing from a dominant holding midfielder as it works and Neves is a completely different player to Fabinho and Rodri. I guess time will tell but I think it’s likely to be Arsenal, MU or abroad.
Gutted if he left for Man City or Chelsea but would especially be if it was to Arsenal & Spurs they aren’t on a massively different planet to us. Liverpool/Man Utd no way, always telling us they are going to have our players. I could just about live with City or Chelsea (but of course Chelsea’s current position has changed).

Billben

Reaction score
I have not discounted that Nevis might go to Wolverhampton Wanderers seems that Wolves supporters know that he is going. I do not.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have not discounted that Nevis might go to Wolverhampton Wanderers seems that Wolves supporters know that he is going. I do not.
I could have added "if he goes" but I thought that was obvious.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if the transfer agreed that cornwall mentioned is Rafa Silva, he is pretty sure to be leaving Benfica this summer and I can only recall us and Roma being linked, hopefully the Lage effect swings it in our direction as he would be brilliant for us

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if the transfer agreed that cornwall mentioned is Rafa Silva, he is pretty sure to be leaving Benfica this summer and I can only recall us and Roma being linked, hopefully the Lage effect swings it in our direction as he would be brilliant for us
Pizzi maybe getting on but he was integral to Lage system at Benfica. Same role as Rafa Silva?? I’d be happy with either

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree....either him or guedes will definitely sign I reckon....it's why we ain't buying Trincao....maybe easier to tempt Rafa Silva over guedes cause can't see us giving guedes a massive pay rise but Rafa Silva will double his wage ..

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t Pizzi massively fall out with Bruno?
Former Benfica manager Bruno Lage reportedly blames Pizzi, Rafa Silva and André Almeida for the bad form of the Club and for his dismissal

Attachments

• DACDB842-E460-4BEF-9560-4C2AAC38C394.jpeg
    DACDB842-E460-4BEF-9560-4C2AAC38C394.jpeg
    659.6 KB · Views: 57

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pizzi has hardly played this season...be 33 in October.....had a good season under lage at benfica, probably is best ever....so lage must have done something right . . .. can't see us aving him unless it's a free transfer...

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pizzi got blamed for the manager losing his job and it got him shunted out on loan to turkey this year, the press seem to blame him for every manager losing his job.

I saw an article somewhere that had quotes from Bruno and another former manager in support of Pizzi as they felt he was unfairly treated.

T

TheConcourse

Gutted if he left for Man City or Chelsea but would especially be if it was to Arsenal & Spurs they aren’t on a massively different planet to us. Liverpool/Man Utd no way, always telling us they are going to have our players. I could just about live with City or Chelsea (but of course Chelsea’s current position has changed).
Spurs and Arsenal are miles ahead of us in every area other than league position. Brand, infrastructure, revenue, fan base.

We’ll get there, but we can’t dismiss the size of these clubs now. Or their pull. The pull of Conte alone is huge. They’d add 50% to his wages overnight.

If he went to a Villa, Leeds, Everton or Leicester then he’d need to go get his head tested. United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool or City I could understand.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Spurs and Arsenal are miles ahead of us in every area other than league position. Brand, infrastructure, revenue, fan base.

We’ll get there, but we can’t dismiss the size of these clubs now. Or their pull. The pull of Conte alone is huge. They’d add 50% to his wages overnight.

If he went to a Villa, Leeds, Everton or Leicester then he’d need to go get his head tested. United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool or City I could understand.
Yes, agree, but moving to Arsenal/Spurs in my view would irritate me as they are the two that are the next steps to catch and overtake. I still categorise the top four clubs as, United, Liverpool, City & Chelsea. The next two should be our targets and in that way if he went to either it would widen that gulf/gap.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So where are we are…..

Contract Exits - Marcal, Saiss, Ruddy and Moutinho
Other (potential) Exits - Traore, Trincao plus potentially Neves, Donck, Raul, Semedo, RAN, Coady all having some (tenuous) links away.

Our Summer business will hugely be based on how many move on to generate new opps/funds. Have to say I’d hate to be Sellars/Shi now trying to piece this together particularly if Mendes is distracted by Ronaldo moving on.

Gut feel is we need/will obtain:

1) A back-up keeper - Ruddy to re-sign or another experienced keeper to come in.
2) Defence - not a priority (even if Saiss or one of Semedo/RAN goes) unless either a sale of Coady/Boly or a switch to a back 4 is planned.
3) Midfield - could perceive a world where we lose Moutinho, Neves and Donck and be left with Ronan, Jordao and Cundle. For me 1-1 replacement of Moutinho et al and an addition if somehow none of them move on.
4) Wingers - MGW back plus Neto, Podence, Hwang, Chiquinho and Campbell. Would like an addition to replace Traore and Trincao - maybe on loan.
5) Strikers - Raul and Silva. Again would like a 3rd striker - target man?

So feels like an experienced back-up GK, 1 midfielder plus a 3rd striker is the priority. In addition any exits from midfield/up front need replacing.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's hardly a difficult name to spell!!! Even if it's your spell checker, as soon as you put in the name correctly it remembers it. Someone else on here calls Semedo, Semado. That winds me up too!
Always a good idea to read your input before you post it! o_O

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Such a pointless article. Player available on free would suit wolves, wolves should enquire. But the author doesn’t proceed to mention any reason why it may be unrealistic. There is more likelihood of signing Ronaldo than Belotti.

I mentioned the other day top Italian players seldom leave Italy. Not only that it’s known Belotti is a Milan fan and they will be playing champions league next season.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a pointless article. Player available on free would suit wolves, wolves should enquire. But the author doesn’t proceed to mention any reason why it may be unrealistic. There is more likelihood of signing Ronaldo than Belotti.

I mentioned the other day top Italian players seldom leave Italy. Not only that it’s known Belotti is a Milan fan and they will be playing champions league next season.
Wow, where did you see this. Fantastic signing and I'm already ordering a Wolves' top with Ronnie's name on it. Jigsaw missing piece! o_O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom