Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if that is the case, and he's injured, and so anyone else is unlikely to buy him at the moment it begs the question why, with just 9 hours to go, the deal wasn't agreed in principle a couple of weeks ago
Errrrrmm....because Lille put a higher valuation on him than is reasonable under the circumstances ....?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's understood that Lille want between £40/£50m on the buy option for Renato Sanches. Wolves don't want to pay that kind of money.

For a player like Sanches i dont see what is wrong with a 40m option, it just seems we dont have the cash, 35m for silva, 30mish for semedo surely sanches is worth the loan and 40m option?
Penny pinching at the finest, 40m for a player of his quality is not unreasonable.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dont think MGW was really a fit for Bruno's 2 man midfield system as hes certainly more of a ten. Will hopefully get lots of minutes in the champ.

We have left our business late in order to use the deadline as a negotiation tactic. Problem is if they call your bluff or get frustrated your the ones left carrying the can.

We now only have Mouts, Neves & Donk in midfield! that aint enough for me and an injury away from real trouble!

The question will be who do you believe? We get nothing out the club and so its all guesswork. If we sign nobody the battle lines will be "clubs upped their price to unrealistic demands and so wolves correctly didnt overspend" VS "We should of done deals earlier and were penny pinching at the end and did Fosun even try and invest anyway?"

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont think MGW was really a fit for Bruno's 2 man midfield system as hes certainly more of a ten. Will hopefully get lots of minutes in the champ.

We have left our business late in order to use the deadline as a negotiation tactic. Problem is if they call your bluff or get frustrated your the ones left carrying the can.

We now only have Mouts, Neves & Donk in midfield! that aint enough for me and an injury away from real trouble!

The question will be who do you believe? We get nothing out the club and so its all guesswork. If we sign nobody the battle lines will be "clubs upped their price to unrealistic demands and so wolves correctly didnt overspend" VS "We should of done deals earlier and were penny pinching at the end and did Fosun even try and invest anyway?"
And wasn’t it Bruno who said Mouts, Neves and Donk are similar players?

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's understood that Lille want between £40/£50m on the buy option for Renato Sanches. Wolves don't want to pay that kind of money.

For a player like Sanches i dont see what is wrong with a 40m option, it just seems we dont have the cash, 35m for silva, 30mish for semedo surely sanches is worth the loan and 40m option?

Because he’d only have a year left on his current deal next summer so wouldn’t be worth £40million then. You have to bear in mind we’re probably paying a decent loan fee so that 40 figure just seems unrealistic in the current climate.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Exactly what he is worth as a minimum

****ing pathetic. It’s only an option!’n

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because he’d only have a year left on his current deal next summer so wouldn’t be worth £40million then. You have to bear in mind we’re probably paying a decent loan fee so that 40 figure just seems unrealistic in the current climate.
What 'current climate', the Premier League was barely changed financially.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So unless we pay what the selling club want, no Botman, no car and no Sanchez...so we move onto the back up list of players..

BucksWolf8

Reaction score

But the 40m figure reflects that fact you had him a year earlier when he had 2 years on his contract. In effect you're just delaying the payment a year if you take the option. 40m sounds about right to me tbh.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where was that said?

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What 'current climate', the Premier League was barely changed financially.

Nah it has been, spending is down overall, only 6 teams have a net spend over £50mill, the rest are all under £30mill and the combined losses for the last year or so are pretty scary. Lots of teams have seen players values drop from the previous covid times across Europe.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Choudray would have been a reasonable squad filler, much like when you’re travelling and need fast food and a Big Mac does a job. In this case we’ve had a table booked at a fancy restaurant for months and the specials board has Waigu fillet steak but we only want to pay the price of a cheap rump steak which the restaurant doesn’t have so we’re just nipping round to McDonald’s again.

I’ve long argued on here that given financial status of many clubs there would be bargains to be had today and waiting made sense. I’m not off to the local Co-op to buy Pampers just yet but shall be checking the closing time shortly. Just hope we aren’t taught a lesson that whilst bargains are available, the kind of players that would improve us are still going to cost serious money.

Lobo de Madrid

Groupie
Reaction score

I see it the same way, and really reckon he could do great things within our current team and management set up.

My only doubt re price would be the risk regarding his fitness - with his injury history being a bit Tony Daley-esque.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Choudray would have been a reasonable squad filler, much like when you’re travelling and need fast food and a Big Mac does a job. In this case we’ve had a table booked at a fancy restaurant for months and the specials board has Waigu fillet steak but we only want to pay the price of a cheap rump steak which the restaurant doesn’t have so we’re just nipping round to McDonald’s again.

I’ve long argued on here that given financial status of many clubs there would be bargains to be had today and waiting made sense. I’m not off to the local Co-op to buy Pampers just yet but shall be checking the closing time shortly. Just hope we aren’t taught a lesson that whilst bargains are available, the kind of players that would improve us are still going to cost serious money.
Agreed. Just because there's a bargain available doesn't mean it's cheap. And something that is cheap is not necessarily a bargain.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surely if we want to progress to the next stage we have to start paying the money for the more advanced players?
Thought that’s how it worked.

If we simply aren't going to pay for Sanches & Botman, then we don’t deserve them. Fosun can not complain then if we finish in a similar position as last time.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Anyone suggesting 50M obligation for Sanches has absolutely lost it. He completed 14 games worth of minutes in league last year so let's be honest he wasn't absolutely integral to league win either. They also has a brilliant record with him out.

I think he is a top player but people need to stop exaggerating

Back
Top Bottom