Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I probably will because of how it’s turned out.

From the start of the window, not signing a senior CB would’ve been seen as unacceptable.
I would say that Mosquera and the emergence of Kilman make a CB far less of a priority.

Conversely, we desperately need a box to box midfielder. If not Sanches, it has to be someone else. We cannot just have Moutinho, Neves and an apparently unfancied Dendoncker and expect it to end well

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is going to be a large amount of brinksmanship today. Lille may try and jack up the price and Wolves will rightly walk away to which Lille (who are desperate for money) will try to coax us back to the table.

So it’s likely the deals will be on/off throughout today. Best for everyone’s mental health to just wait until 11 and then check the Mix to see what happens.

See you guys at 11!
Be worse for people's mental health sitting there rocking looking over at there phone thinking shall I just look on the mix for 1 second? Be like cold turkey for some lol

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite what SSN are about to tell you Traore won't be going unless Wolves are happy (£50m permanent happy). Spurs won't pay that, they're simply trying to stir up content and get Spuds fans to tune in
I would posit a guess that there is a close to a zero chance we sell anyone from the first team today

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say that Mosquera and the emergence of Kilman make a CB far less of a priority.

Conversely, we desperately need a box to box midfielder. If not Sanches, it has to be someone else. We cannot just have Moutinho, Neves and an apparently unfancied Dendoncker and expect it to end well
Agree that CM is a priority because we simply don’t have the numbers.

But Mosquera wasn’t signed for the first team (see Sellars comments at the time) and we’re playing Saiss there now. We need an upgrade badly.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree that CM is a priority because we simply don’t have the numbers.

But Mosquera wasn’t signed for the first team (see Sellars comments at the time) and we’re playing Saiss there now. We need an upgrade badly.
I rate Saiss lower than most but I think he's an alright reserve.

Kilman
Boly
Coady

Works well for me, especially as we seem to have a found a player in Mosquera, irrespective of what he was signed for.

Obviously a Caletta/Botman player would come in and make that better, but I don't think a Tosin type signing would necessarily improve our first XI.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

(please)

VictorPyrrhic

Groupie
Reaction score
< 12 hours to go and we still need a CB, CM and cover for Jimenez. Not looking promising is it?

Expect a season like Brighton had last year.

VictorPyrrhic

Groupie
Reaction score
CB yes, CM yes, Hwang is Jimenez cover.
Really? I assumed he was providing competition with Neto/Trincao/Traore/Podence and covering until Neto returns then he'll be a long term replacement for Traore whom we sell in Jan/next summer.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad to see the doom merchants are revving up the ‘I told you so’ machine in preparation. Can’t wait to read the ‘same every year’ moans - despite the last 3 years being the best for 4 decades, with us repeatedly breaking our transfer record.
Also looking forward to dark allusions to how ‘the Chinese’ do business.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So to summarize,

Botman & Carlete-car are non starters
Sanches could go either way
MGW possibly off to Sheffield U
Traore and/or Neves might be off
No other names mentioned today

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So to summarize,

Botman & Carlete-car are non starters … for now
Sanches could go either way
MGW possibly off to Sheffield U
Traore and/or Neves might be off … if a buyer stumps up 50m+
No other names mentioned today … except we are looking at other CB’s like Tosin

Fixed it for you.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The next 12 hours are going to be horrible aren't they. We could just as likely end the window with Sanches and Car while keeping Neves and Traore or end the window missing out on both while Neves or Traore get a huge bid at the last minute from Utd or Spurs.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom