Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My big concern is I would say there is little to no chance of us signing Botman as there is no way Shi will pay 30 million for him.

Just a feeling but I reckon our bids are too low and we risk ending up with neither a central midfielder or centre back which would be a total shambles.
Agreed

Shopping in Waitrose with their club card voucher points

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My big concern is I would say there is little to no chance of us signing Botman as there is no way Shi will pay 30 million for him.

Just a feeling but I reckon our bids are too low and we risk ending up with neither a central midfielder or centre back which would be a total shambles.

And while 30 million is a bit steep but it's not completely unreasonable when compared with prices for players like Romero and Konate.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW is a midfielder. In fact when people describe the kind of midfielder they think we need they pretty much describe him (different to what we’ve got, energetic, creative, goal threat). People just crave something shiny and new.

Midfielder but what kind. I think he's a 10 and can play outwide, maybe an 8 in a 3 man midfield single pivot.

Don't think you'd get the best from him as a CM in 343.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And while 30 million is a bit steep but it's not completely unreasonable when compared with prices for players like Romero and Konate.

Look at West Ham. About to shell out another 25 million on a signing the day after signing Zouma for 30 million. You dont pay the going rate and **** about with lowball offers then you end up with egg on your faces more likely than not.

Unfortunately for us I get the impression the boat isnt going to be pushed out and we will be left not having recruited for two crucial positions with match ready first team players yet again for the 3rd summer. Will be totally unacceptable if this happens. I really hope it doesnt. We were told to trust Shi and Sellars. Lets hope we are shown this in the next 24 hours or so.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand Botman is expensive but the potential of slipping out of the Premier League is a lot more than not improving the problem positions.

Not saying that needs to be Botman, but it needs to be a 'top player'

Ornstein reported earlier that the Kounde deal is unlikely to progress, so that would leave Sevilla out of the picture for Botman, and give Wolves a clear run. Sky believes Lille would accept £27m (30m eur) if desperate. Would be a great deal if we could land it, so can understand why we may be taking this one to the wire.

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Midfielder but what kind. I think he's a 10 and can play outwide, maybe an 8 in a 3 man midfield single pivot.

MGW is not and never will be a bog standard 2 in a central midfield player. Look how Bruno is mainly using him. As an attacking player. As it stands we have 3 senior central midfield players, one of which is 35. That is nowhere near enough for a Premier League side.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m not sure, perhaps your right.
But if he can’t suit the midfield role, then people should stop saying we need that sort of player in there.
Van beek wouldn’t suit it anymore than mgw .

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if Shi is playing poker, then he's taking his hand to the wire. Bluffing or does he have a royal flush? Will he fold? All will be revealed in the next 24 to 30 hours.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ornstein reported earlier that the Kounde deal is unlikely to progress, so that would leave Sevilla out of the picture for Botman, and give Wolves a clear run.

Massive issue is they want 30 million for him. No way Shi will pay this. Cant see any chance of us signing him.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive issue is they want 30 million for him. No way Shi will pay this. Cant see any chance of us signing him.

Not sure why you think Jeff won’t pay 30m eur (the figure Sky say Lille would accept if no better offers)? If he believes it’s a good deal, and this is a key signing, I think he would pay it.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who’s going to be the 11th hour panic loan this year?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at West Ham. About to shell out another 25 million on a signing the day after signing Zouma for 30 million. You dont pay the going rate and **** about with lowball offers then you end up with egg on your faces more likely than not.

Unfortunately for us I get the impression the boat isnt going to be pushed out and we will be left not having recruited for two crucial positions with match ready first team players yet again for the 3rd summer. Will be totally unacceptable if this happens. I really hope it doesnt. We were told to trust Shi and Sellars. Lets hope we are shown this in the next 24 hours or so.
You hit the nail on the head with that "3rd summer in the row", although it can be argued, that summer of 19 was decent, with us adding Dendoncker and Neto.
However the following 3 windows has been really poor, with especially the money being spend last summer being especially idiotic, if we knew budget was tight.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if Shi is playing poker, then he's taking his hand to the wire. Bluffing or does he have a royal flush? Will he fold? All will be revealed in the next 24 to 30 hours.
Think he quit about 3 hands ago and is back in the bar having a Cosmopolitan.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure, perhaps your right.
But if he can’t suit the midfield role, then people should stop saying we need that sort of player in there.
Van beek wouldn’t suit it anymore than mgw .

I think that's why Van Der Beek failed at United. He needs to play in the 10.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The guy read the article wrong unfortunately. It's saying that Utd are looking to sell Van de Beek before the window closes and in the same article also also mentions Utd's interest in Neves among their choices for a DM should they get one.

Nowhere does it link us to VdB, he's just read it wrong and put two and two together.

Fair play, good detective work!

Back
Top Bottom