Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoyed the game yesterday and thought Neves and Moutinho were absolutely world class. However Jiminez was, sadly, way off the pace.
We desperately need an attacking midfielder who can score and another striker. Vinicius would be ideal. If not, I am concerned for the season because as good as the football is we have to score.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looks like Chelsea's move for Kounde at Saville is stalling, can only be good news for us if we're still serious about getting Botman.

Agreed. BUT I think there's a chance the Kounde deal goes down to the wire, which could mean us holding everything else in the hope of getting Botman. If that-s the case, then I'd be inclined just to push ahead with CC.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was hoping for a couple of strong rumours today.

We’re going right down to the wire on this one.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
might hear some late rumours tonight but currently not looking to positive think we are looking increasingly likely not to get botman or caleta car

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Was hoping for a couple of strong rumours today.

We’re going right down to the wire on this one.
Can we wheel Jez Moxey back out for the “we tried, happy with the squad” statement for a bit of nostalgia :oops:

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
might hear some late rumours tonight but currently not looking to positive think we are looking increasingly likely not to get botman or caleta car
No rumours at all leaking out anywhere on CM .. nothing at all even fake news ..
Guess best we can hope for is Caleta-Car

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why does everybody suddenly think we need an out and out goal scorer? Does anyone actually think we are going to start dropping Jimenez? Does anyone think we are gonna make our 35 mill purchase third choice after last year's Jose mess? Are we going to now play two up front?

I think the no goals thing is being massively overplayed, we have been a little unfortunate but it is only three games and we have created a stack of good chances, it happens. Under Nuno we often went two games without a goal and well into third games.

Bigger issue for me is getting players into the box other than the forwards that actually carry a threat. Neves and Moutinho for a start are not going to score many at all and our wing backs currently start will add next to nothing goal wise either. We need a more attack minded wing back like Ait-Nouri instead of Marcal and we need a better attacking midfielder as a priority.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m usually very supportive of our hierarchy. However if we don’t sign at least one central midfielder (prefer one obviously with a different skill set to the ones we have) then there has been total mismanagement by the recruitment team. Even if they think that donk/neves/moutinho cover what we need technically we have no backup when injuries/fatigue or suspensions strike. For me it is our highest priority by some distance.

Last edited:

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m usually very supportive of our hierarchy. However if we don’t sign at least one central midfielder (prefer one obviously with a different skill set to the ones we have) then there has been total mismanagement by the recruitment team. Even if they think that donk/neves/moutinho cover what we need technically we have no backup when injuries/fatigue or suspensions strike. For me it is our highest priority by some distance.
Has it ever occurred to all you moaners that the problem could be convincing players to join Wolves rather than simply a lack of activity in the recruitment department? We are supposedly only wanting to bring in quality players and will therefore be competing against many other clubs, some of which will be able to offer european football and therefore be more attractive prospects.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has it ever occurred to all you moaners that the problem could be convincing players to join Wolves rather than simply a lack of activity in the recruitment department? We are supposedly only wanting to bring in quality players and will therefore be competing against many other clubs, some of which will be able to offer european football and therefore be more attractive prospects.
Orange chips and a bit of bully....

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
dont be ridiculous, we should be all over Mbappe

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m assuming we will hear some rumours this evening? Either way I’ve missed most of the stuff the wife’s put on tv thanks to trawling the Internet and this forum.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I normally, well pretty much always, defend the current hierarchy. However that excuse just doesn’t cut it. That’s a Moxey level excuse.

Part of the recruitment process is identifying players that will improve us and we would realistically be able to attract. If they cannot do this, they are failing miserably.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why does everybody suddenly think we need an out and out goal scorer? Does anyone actually think we are going to start dropping Jimenez? Does anyone think we are gonna make our 35 mill purchase third choice after last year's Jose mess? Are we going to now play two up front?

I think the no goals thing is being massively overplayed, we have been a little unfortunate but it is only three games and we have created a stack of good chances, it happens. Under Nuno we often went two games without a goal and well into third games.

Bigger issue for me is getting players into the box other than the forwards that actually carry a threat. Neves and Moutinho for a start are not going to score many at all and our wing backs currently start will add next to nothing goal wise either. We need a more attack minded wing back like Ait-Nouri instead of Marcal and we need a better attacking midfielder as a priority.

I think the link-up between Traore and Jimenez masked to an extent that the best Jimenez ever looked for us was when he had Jota playing more centrally in the 352, running from deep and linking up with him. I stand to be proven wrong, but I still think Bruno wants a front two, with a second striker linking up with Jimenez. I think Hwang is that player, with Fabio, Neto, Podence, Traore and Trincao also capable of playing there if needed (not saying that's their best position). So I don't expect us to sign any more forwards. What I'm expecting is a strengthened spine, to allow a front two. a new defender and a new hardworking box to box midfielder.

With those signed, I have zero worries about the goals. They will come.

Back
Top Bottom