Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NB: the following is quantitative and not qualitative, and is also not a perfect analysis!

As things stand, compared to the end of last season, from memory we have:

GK; about the same strength, Sa in and Rui out.

CBs; gain Mosquera, squad member but shows promise.

WBs; same strength but RAN now permanent.

CMs; loss of OO, perhaps planned to be replaced by Conor Coventry but this might have fallen through.

FW; gain Trincao, Mir out but probably Hwang in, so 1 more body.

Think that's it? Gain of 2 in reality (Trincao and Mosquera) set against loss of 1.

Edit: forgot Vitinha, which arguably reinforces the need to bring in a CM.

Last edited:

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
NB: the following is quantitative and not qualitative, and is also not a perfect analysis!

CMs; loss of OO, perhaps planned to be replaced by Conor Coventry but this might have fallen through.

Think that's it? Gain of 2 in reality (Trincao and Mosquera) set against loss of 1.
Missing Vitinha and Jose from your numbers so about the same squad size but more squad members fit I suppose

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lost Vitinha too. Both players were starting games at the end of season.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we only get Hwang in then we have let Bruno down and failed to back him. He’s been very clear about his 3/4 quality players, he hasn’t just plucked that out of thin air, that’s obviously been the plan. Hopefully at least one of the linked centre halves come too.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes that is probably what we would do. Not exactly the end of the world is it.

What do we do if Sa and ruddy gets injured?
Semado and Hoever?
Etc etc...

You're kidding right?

Cundle is NOT a PL midfielder. Dendoncker and Saiss are decent, but Saiss will probably be needed in defence and for all his hard work, Dendoncker is never going to be the "pass and move " player we need in midfield in order for Lages style to work. He'll be okay next to Neves or Moutinho, but it's not ideal.
But its not just about getting by. Its also having the options to change a game.
imagine a very likely scenario. Moutinho out injured. Neves and Dendoncker starts. After 60 mins, it's clear we need new faces in midfield. What do we do?

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Marseille upped price .. and Caleta-Car reluctant to come .. only hope it changes in next couple of days if Marseille get no other offers .. cannot find any mention on CM except Connor Coventry I mentioned earlier and seems West Ham have backed out of deal .. just hope Mcburnie rumours are ridiculous

If true we are setting our up for a relegation battle.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if the defence gets exposed and the midfield over run without winning, fans will be sitting there clapping paying extra money with a well done Jeff cracking window couldn’t have been better let’s hope for more of the same ffs
Seems like you and some others can't wait for things to not go all to plan so you can boo
Spoilt and entitled

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah so it hasn’t happened let’s ignore everything. Il cancel all my car, home and travel insurances as you know nothing has happened, or would that be a silly thing to do?
You know posters here will plug their ears with their fingers and bury their head underground as they prepare to come up with excuses about how it was actually a great window, how dare we ever criticise our lords...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like you and some others can't wait for things to not go all to plan so you can boo
Spoilt and entitled
To be fair l took a similar view to you until last season. But how long exactly are promises of jam tomorrow while charging top dollar for everything supposed to be acceptable?

Hinckley Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Ah so it hasn’t happened let’s ignore everything. Il cancel all my car, home and travel insurances as you know nothing has happened.
You’re hilarious

You’re just assuming the worst will always happen and I’m just trying to be be optimistic in this pool of negativity that maybe it won’t. Hey, I guess your crystal ball is better than mine eh?

Also, the transfer window is still open.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be fair l took a similar view to you until last season. But how long exactly are promises of jam tomorrow while charging top dollar for everything supposed to be acceptable?
Can only judge them after the window closes, but they have brought a lot of pressure on themselves with the ticket price rises.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh sorry I mean boo fosun out worst owners ever
A ridiculous response. I have never seen anyone say that. Some of us were around at the time of the Bhattis.

Can only judge them after the window closes, but they have brought a lot of pressure on themselves with the ticket price rises.
Not only the ticket price rises but taking every opportunity to levy a charge.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McBurnie is seriously poor. Aggressive but not very good at that even. An a goal every 4 games or so, mostly outside the PL, is not a great return either.

And as everybody knows, if one striker bought from the Championship was rubbish, then ALL strikers bought from the Championship will be rubbish. Like, one manager had a bad season then won the league, so ALL managers who have a bad season, will win the league the next season. And one striker who scored loads when he was 25, but few when he was 20, means that all strikers who score few at 20, will score loads at 25. (well, all strikers we have, that is...) Logic, innit? :p

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don't get Botman or Caleta-Car we aren't just going to give up, that Tosin fella is still a good signing. Pants not being wet
That's my logic too

Assuming we don't get either of the french based CBs, I'd be hard pressed to imagine them saying 'ok I guess they're the only two Centre Backs out there so we are out'.

I could be wrong but I just don't see it.

I just hope we don't panic sign someone like Tosin who, in my book, is not a top player at all.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be surprised if there's anything in the McBurnie story, given Hwang seems to be joining us.
Raul, Fabio and Hwang central, Pod and Adama left, Trincao and a fit Neto right, MGW in the mix as well.

Check the midfield, Jeff!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fair enough, thing is, the "quantitative" numbers for transfers last season were fine, but totally missed the quantity of goals scored and contributed by the losses and their replacements. It's a qualititive game, basically. Can't just say "well, one striker out, one in, therefore we are the same as before". That could lead to how a club gradually slips from a strong position - look at Arsenal. No club deliberately becomes worse, but clubs get worse...so it must be by bad judgement, incorrect analysis, flawed decisions...though all nicely justified at the time.

Back
Top Bottom