Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

henri_camara

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Either we have completely ****ed it up again or they will pull 1 or 2 out of the bag over the weekend and hopefully another 1 or 2 over Monday and Tuesday!! We have never In 10 years look to do as much business in 4 days
Isn’t the deadline tomorrow?

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Someone posted y/day that there'd be a few random tweets and then a deal would be done in no time. I bet that's Hwang.
In the 'good omens' department Wiki says this:

is a South Korean professional footballer who plays as a forward for Bundesliga club RB Leipzig and the South Korea national team. He is nicknamed the "Bull" (Hwangso) in South Korea due to his aggressive playing style and surname.[2]

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang has been an awful in Germany over two spells looking at his stats (Hamburg & Leipzig), which makes you wonder why we're going for him.

Clearly, he's one our scouting team really rate though. So, this will be on them.

We should be able to get to January with MGW, Podence, Traore, Fabio, Trincao, Jimenez for the three attacking positions, so not the worst case if it doesn't work out. Would ideally be a loan initially.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jason Bourne (the talk sport bloke) has just said that the talks are still about where they were yesterday with the centre backs

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jason Bourne (the talk sport bloke) has just said that the talks are still about where they were yesterday with the centre backs

That needs to get moving quick then over the next couple of days. Still concerned we are seeing no real links at all to a central midfield player.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang sounds pretty underwhelming, but tbf maybe the best we can bring in to play second fiddle to Jiminez? And share that time with Fabio. His average stats would probably mean he wouldn't play a front 2 with Raul?

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
·
10m
Wolves Southampton and Newcastle taking a look at a late move for Kang-In Lee. Valencia midfielder. South Korean international. Being freed. Mallorca also trying.

At least its a rumour to get today going
Would be a good signing especially on a free.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
#MendesWatch

Ronaldo is angry at Jorge because he doesn't really like Guardiola that much.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
#MendesWatch

Ronaldo is angry at Jorge because he doesn't really like Guardiola that much.

Maybe he likes Bruno better.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang has been an awful in Germany over two spells looking at his stats (Hamburg & Leipzig), which makes you wonder why we're going for him.

Clearly, he's one our scouting team really rate though. So, this will be on them.

We should be able to get to January with MGW, Podence, Traore, Fabio, Trincao, Jimenez for the three attacking positions, so not the worst case if it doesn't work out. Would ideally be a loan initially.
Tbh you could take that view for the whole squad - the emergence of Kilman has solved the CB issue, the recovery of both Jimenez and Podence has solved the attacking issues and the fact we are playing higher up the pitch will enable Moutinho and Neves to be far more influential in mf. You can't argue with any of that until............................................2 or 3 players get injured? If I were to prioritize I'd go striker, cmf, defender in that order.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we only went for one player, I'd hope we get in a proven goal scorer. I think we might play Traore on right, Podence on left, Trincao central behind Raul, with all of them taking different positions in a fluid attack. If we lose any of our top players, I'd hope we sell Traore and get in 2, a goal scorer and midfield. The other money for a central defender. But if we can't finish off our attacking football, then we will be mid table, when with a couple of key signings we can be top 8.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kang-in Lee and Hwang wouldn't be terrible partnered with a centre half and midfielder.

I'm not a massive fan of Hwang to be honest. He's a bit simular to Adama as he's great at dribbling but really struggles with end product.

Maybe having Hwang helps get Kang-in and will help with our marketing in Asia

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hearing the club are willing to let both Dendoncker and Neves go on free’s as they think Moutinho can run the midfield by himself anyway so they don’t need anyone else. Sometimes they won’t even play him if he needs a rest and will go with the classic O formation.

Looking to add further wingers and full backs instead and then switch to a back 1.

Starting like up expected to be this against Man Utd with Moutinho needing a rest after 2 games this week: -

1630067026088.png

Last edited:

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hwang sounds pretty underwhelming, but tbf maybe the best we can bring in to play second fiddle to Jiminez? And share that time with Fabio. His average stats would probably mean he wouldn't play a front 2 with Raul?
Plays as a striker for RB Leipzig and right winger for South Korea national team. Played 86 Bundesliga games and scored 28 goals and 17 assists. He only played 753 minutes (7+ games) for RB Leipzig last season and managed 3 goals and 3 assists

And you call that bad stats .. Manager did not appreciate him last season

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plays as a striker for RB Leipzig and right winger for South Korea national team. Played 86 Bundesliga games and scored 28 goals and 17 assists. He only played 753 minutes (7+ games) for RB Leipzig last season and managed 3 goals and 3 assists

And you call that bad stats .. Manager did not appreciate him last season
Those stats are from the Austrian Bundesliga playing for Salzburg, not the German Bundesliga.

He only moved to Leipzig last summer, featured in 18 league games (only 3 starts) - 0 goals, 1 assist.

I still think he could be good though, just pointing out that those goals & assists are from his time in Austria, not Germany

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Spiers also reporting Lage in today's presser saying that he is confident that Traore will stay, and also that Boly and Mosquera are training with the first team.

Taking all this into account I actually think we now only acutely need strengthening in midfield. We have enough choice in defence and attack, although another forward would be nice. Also with Jonny, and possibly Neto, due back before Christmas, it is no longer looking like the panic stations it was only a few weeks ago.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh you could take that view for the whole squad - the emergence of Kilman has solved the CB issue, the recovery of both Jimenez and Podence has solved the attacking issues and the fact we are playing higher up the pitch will enable Moutinho and Neves to be far more influential in mf. You can't argue with any of that until............................................2 or 3 players get injured? If I were to prioritize I'd go striker, cmf, defender in that order.
Thats a good point, and suggests the strength of the squad. '
But this is what Fosun and Nuno gambled on last season and it blew up in their faces.

The whole idea is to strengthen the squad so that the team can handle injuries and maintain energy levels.

Back
Top Bottom