Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suggests we could have a cheaper alternative lined up if we fail to get in one of Botman/Caleta-Car.

This guy should be available for around £10m

What’s he like? Would he be a good fit?

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Suggests we could have a cheaper alternative lined up if we fail to get in one of Botman/Caleta-Car.

He will be linked to Tottenham this afternoon then now. Everyone we seem to be linked to so are spurs, if they ain't buying all of our team they are ahead of us in transfers... albeit according to the media.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I apologise to the few Clayheads that are on here (I know lots of stokeys in reality) but if stoke can attract prime Shaqiri there then Wolverhampton has nothing to worry about
Probably lived in Cheshire...

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s he like? Would he be a good fit?
Formed a good partnership with Andersen at Fulham last season and their fans rate him highly. Of course they got relegated, but that's not to say he's a bad player. Only 23 as well

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Formed a good partnership with Andersen at Fulham last season and their fans rate him highly. Of course they got relegated, but that's not to say he's a bad player. Only 23 as well

Thanks, sounds like a decent option if Botman and Car fall through

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manchester is hardly glamourous compared to Milan, Barcelona....

have you been to milan or barcelona? i've spent a lot of time in both and they're really not that great. Even the central tourist bits are okay-ish but nothing like Paris, Madrid, Rome or Florence, or even parts of London

i think people just assume because they're big / famous cities that they're beautiful

I would say the urban regeneration, high-end retail / hotels and most plush suburbs of Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and maybe even Leeds mean these are attractive cities to european players. We're always going to lose out in comparison of course

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
have you been to milan or barcelona? i've spent a lot of time in both and they're really not that great. Even the central tourist bits are okay-ish but nothing like Paris, Madrid, Rome or Florence, or even parts of London

i think people just assume because they're big / famous cities that they're beautiful

I would say the urban regeneration, high-end retail / hotels and most plush suburbs of Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and maybe even Leeds mean these are attractive cities to european players. We're always going to lose out in comparison of course
Really?! I've not been to Milan but Barcelona is a fantastic city. Easily one of my favourite in the world.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham would want a lot more than that.
He had a release clause of £10m earlier in the summer that expired apparently, so I reckon at a push it'd take £15m max. Especially if he's being sounded out as an alternative to someone like Caleta-Car whose available for £17m

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

He dies have a buy out clause of £10m .. would be excellent signing

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff cut the projects throat, and while it was on the floor dying, he ground his heel in its face and after it had died he spit on its grave.
It's always the quiet ones.

Did I really just spend my lunch hour reading through 8 pages just to discover we haven't signed anyone? I never learn.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Had to man-mark Gilkes after he moved to Slough Town. Gave me the absolute run-around.

Anyway…would be pleased with Tosin. 6 foot 5, very quick and decent on the ball. Was really good for the **** and Blackburn on loan and helped tighten Fulham’s defence up after their awful start last year.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will be linked to Tottenham this afternoon then now. Everyone we seem to be linked to so are spurs, if they ain't buying all of our team they are ahead of us in transfers... albeit according to the media.
You are not thinking uncle Jorge may be alternating phone calls with Jeff and Nuno...? Surely not.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really?! I've not been to Milan but Barcelona is a fantastic city. Easily one of my favourite in the world.

where? the port is fairly industrial? Las Ramblas? i think it's okay, the squares off it are pretty good but otherwise it's not overly pretty. Bit of a dump around the Nou Camp. I'd just say it's very european, lots of apartment blocks and broad streets. Could be any major european city

Milan is okay but again, fairly austere

Florence or San Sebastian knock both into a ****ed hat

PS for mods - I hope my football team signs a footballer soon

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seeing a lot more noise in regards Neves on Twitter, with Juventus clearly wanting him and Mctominay now out after surgery with Utd means they will be after a midfielder as more of a priority.
Lets hope it just stays as noise.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some Italian journo on twitter with lots of followers saying Mendes aiming to trade Neves for Ramsey as part of Juve talks on Ronaldo today

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aww man I guess no botman then Sevilla will get him after the Chelsea deal is confirmed

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some Italian journo on twitter with lots of followers saying Mendes aiming to trade Neves for Ramsey as part of Juve talks on Ronaldo today
It’s all from juve’s side. They want that deal we’ve not offered it. It only benefits them imo. They get a dusted baller on huge wages off their books in return for a young player valued at over 50 million. No way it happens

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Why don't Everton's owners just spend more money? Just as bad as Fosun :mad:
I mean their net spend is huge and they pay huge wages and it’s premier league fair play they would be in breach of not UEFA Fair play.

They have already sold the naming rights to a stadium that hasn’t be built yet.

For context they’ve lost 265 million over the last 3 years so not really a good comparison to us to be honest.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s all from juve’s side. They want that deal we’ve not offered it. It only benefits them imo. They get a dusted baller on huge wages off their books in return for a young player valued at over 50 million. No way it happens
Juve were just as keen as Real and Barca on the ESL for a reason.... Their finances are precious little better.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You want to go in on the train and see the outskirts. The city, montjuic and the Gaudi stuff is amazing....but the rest is pretty dodgy.
Huge immigration to those areas and lots of crime.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Aww man I guess no botman then Sevilla will get him after the Chelsea deal is confirmed
Yes. This is a real shame - Botman is exactly the sort of deal we should be looking at (as opposed to these stupid Ramsey things).

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Even the players in London don't live in London, they live out in the home counties and the nicer surrounding areas, e.g. Chelsea players in and around Cobham.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You want to go in on the train and see the outskirts. The city, montjuic and the Gaudi stuff is amazing....but the rest is pretty dodgy.
Huge immigration to those areas and lots of crime.
That's the same in any city though. London is an amazing city but it's got lots of areas you wouldn't go. Barcelona has everything you could want from a city (imo), the beach, culture, architecture, great restaurants and bars, sport etc. I love it there.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the same in any city though. London is an amazing city but it's got lots of areas you wouldn't go. Barcelona has everything you could want from a city (imo), the beach, culture, architecture, great restaurants and bars, sport etc. I love it there.
But that's the point he's making, like someone playing for Palace isn't exactly having a tour of Thornton Heath, same as Soucek wasn't having a stroll through Newham, players will be housed and placed in the most luxury parts that are within a reasonable distance of the training ground, which are usually luxury areas.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
30 million for Zouma seems steep. I know he's a good CB but there is such a premium on lower end players from bigger clubs!

Back
Top Bottom