Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

VictorPyrrhic

Groupie
Reaction score
But that is what companies have people in their positions. It is to promote what you can offer and not what you cant at present. Considering the size and resources that Fosun have I am amazed at the lack of marketing success we make available. If you have a dream then you have to carry others with you on that dream. If you dont really believe in that dream those others will soon suss you out.
Nuno was loved in Wolverhampton because people believed he loved Wolverhampton. We need better than those who are running the club at present if we are to attract the players we want through the door.
I really don't believe Wolverhampton is that much of a factor. Manchester is hardly glamourous compared to Milan, Barcelona....and over the years plenty of northern teams have attracted top talent [M'Boro in the nineties for example].

The dream is premier league football with little threat of relegation, good facilities and style of play that progresses and showcases talent with the expectation they can then move on to a champions league club within 3 to 5 years whilst picking up a tidy packet as they progress with us.

The UK is a small country to most foreign players and with relatively excellent transport infrastructure they can travel across the country in a few hours or be in spain/portugal.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know I’m clutching here, but Botman follows Fabrizio on Instagram, which [hopefully] suggests he’s being fed some decent info from his camp.
Everyone follows Fabrizio mate, he's become the oracle of football transfers, if he's tweeted it there is something in it 100%.

R

reanswolf

No offence but you spend a lot of time talking about wanting more dynamic midfielders than we have, this guy absolutely isn’t the answer. He makes neves and Moutinho look like having the legs of Dave edwards
I never said he was what we need, indeed we need a strong more mobile attacking CM.

But you re right, unlike many, I do really rate him, would be a good acquisition for Norwich. I don't fall for this lack of legs issue compromising his qualities. Most fans of teams he plays for appreciate what he brings, albeit not in a spectacular sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Always strikes me as one of those players everyone says is good but when I watch him I never understand why
There's a certain category of player that you only notice when they're playing badly.

I wonder whether Carvalho may be this type of player? I've never really watched him play enough to be able to form an opinion but I remember reading an article around an interview with him and they levelled the accusation that he lacks pace and his response was that he can run fast if he needs to but that his game isn't based on him needing to.

If I find the article again I'll link it here but it was quite an interesting read.

EDIT: Best link I can find but the original article I think is behind a paywall

Last edited:

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't believe Wolverhampton is that much of a factor. Manchester is hardly glamourous compared to Milan, Barcelona....and over the years plenty of northern teams have attracted top talent [M'Boro in the nineties for example].

The dream is premier league football with little threat of relegation, good facilities and style of play that progresses and showcases talent with the expectation they can then move on to a champions league club within 3 to 5 years whilst picking up a tidy packet as they progress with us.

The UK is a small country to most foreign players and with relatively excellent transport infrastructure they can travel across the country in a few hours or be in spain/portugal.
Middlebrough paid huge wages, a policy that is unsustainable.

R

reanswolf

There's a certain category of player that you only notice when they're playing badly.

I wonder whether Carvalho may be this type of player? I've never really watched him play enough to be able to form an opinion but I remember reading an article around an interview with him and they levelled the accusation that he lacks pace and his response was that he can run fast if he needs to but that his game isn't based on him needing to.

If I find the article again I'll link it here but it was quite an interesting read.

EDIT: Best link I can find but the original article I think is behind a paywall

His lack of pace is what people casually, instantly notice but he controls midfield through his positioning. He is very highly thought of by many and I think he could really help Norwich as he is a superb CDM.

I again attach the link by Portuguese maestro Alex Goncalves, asking whether he is "world class?"
Makes an interesting read, and offers a more complex alternative to the simplistic youtube clip showing him jogging back :)- that is often produced by those who ridicule him.

Wolf_Words

Reaction score
It's going to be a very busy week for Mr Mendes if he's trying to move Ronaldo to City.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I apologise to the few Clayheads that are on here (I know lots of stokeys in reality) but if stoke can attract prime Shaqiri there then Wolverhampton has nothing to worry about
Most footballers aren't like us though, and doubt many of our players venture into Wolverhampton or Hanley town centre to go to Greggs and a real ale pub.
Blingy places like Manchester or West London I'm sure attract blingy players but doubt it's really a main factor?
Quality of life for a quiet family man like Neves is probably as good just west of Wolverhampton with a 5 minute commute as anywhere.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s injured anyway.

Ramsey has "Fitness News" as opposed to "Injury News".

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s injured anyway.

Yep injured
Often injured - muscle related
Expensive
Whats the point?
Keiffer Moore, Ramsay? We will be signing Neil Taylor next - he's a free agent

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes.

Your character has been completely maculated.
I was caught maculating once.

Anyway, back to transfers.....

Gone quiet on Origi. I was one of the minority (seemingly) who would have been happy with him at about £10m.

He seems to have disappeared from the Liverpool squad - maybe a move is still on.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely different types of midfielder?! Yeah think that is nonsense, as much as I'm sure Neves would've been tempted by the Pirlo position there.

Back
Top Bottom