Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

PTW

Reaction score
I’m kind of hoping Nuno Mendes leaves otherwise there is very little chance we’ll realise that £10m we’ve agreed to sell Vinagre for (unless of course Sporting decide to buy him anyway irrespective of the number of appearances should Mendes leave in Jan or next summer). Potentially another less than useful loan
But what does Nuno Mendes leaving has anything to do with Vinagre? They will need to sell a player because any club from Portugal has at least to sell 1 or 2 players every year to cover their budget, but the Vinagre deal has nothing to do with that.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But what does Nuno Mendes leaving has anything to do with Vinagre? They will need to sell a player because any club from Portugal has at least to sell 1 or 2 players every year to cover their budget, but the Vinagre deal has nothing to do with that.

I was coming from the angle that Nuno Mendes is first choice left back so if he doesn’t leave then Vinagre will be benched for a large proportion of the season. Id like to see Vinagre play so either he meets the requirements of the deal with sporting for him to be bought or at the very least maintains value so we can sell him elsewhere… as it’ll help our own position next season from an FFP point of view.

Reactions: PTW

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else think Cutrone is only Championship level ? I do.
Loan him there and hopefully he can score.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More than 90% of the clubs in the world have to sell their players to generate revenues to bring another players, why would you think Wolves is different than the other clubs? It's mind boggling how some posters here think the best players if having the chance to play on clubs like Liverpool, Chelsea, United, City, even Spurs would refuse that chance.
you ok hun??

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else think Cutrone is only Championship level ? I do.
Loan him there and hopefully he can score.
I don't know....he has movement and he's greedy. Two good traits (although the latter can be infuriating).

I'd like to see him get some game time personally. But I also wouldn't lose sleep if he went somewhere. Just not a loan!

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure, agree he is as influential to them as Raul was for us but if they have a front three of Buendia, Cantwell & Bailey and Abraham to compete with Watkins then I'd say they will more than make up for the goals and assists.

I think, providing they do go on to get the likes of Abraham, Cantwell and say a Ward-Prowse in midfield, it is a fantastic deal for Villa.

Still hilarious to see the fans crying about this though :D

They've got no bottle in that side.
Grealish dragged them kicking and screaming to the dizzy heights of 11th.

No pre-season fitness advantage, no grealish, kit-man still in charge of the tactics board, overspending on all signings.

Don't
Believe
The
Hype

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
think you need to read what he says again!!! "DO need to sell before buying"

Doesn't make much sense, badly need 4 players, have no money to spend but we aren't looking to sell our best players.!!!

https://twitter.com/TimSpiers
Not all signings are permanent signings. There is the loan market and our old favourite of "loan to buy" with either an option or obligation

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No pre-season fitness advantage, no grealish, kit-man still in charge of the tactics board, overspending on all signings.

Don't
Believe
The
Hype
Heard all this last year! I think they'll be 8th-12th this season.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's played his entire career so far above that level both home and abroad, so id say he is above championship level
Maybe that has actually hindered him though?

Kinda seems an Ebanks-Blake level player. Which is nothing to be sniffed at, but still not quite where he probably thinks he’s at.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Chap on twitter saying news on facebook is that new strip will be unveiled with Carvalho between 5 and 7 .. probably rubbish but a rumour

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would I want to support a team from a city I wasn’t born in?

If Coady is the best captain you’ve seen, you can’t have been going to Molineux for very long.
Crikey! How far back does he need to go? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the main l agree with much of that. However last season we had a PL experienced head coach. This year we have an unproven head coach who apparently wants to play much more progressive attacking football but as things stand doesn't appear to have the squad for it. Square pegs in round holes could easily be bloody dangerous. I hope that l am completely wrong but.....
The way I see it though is that last season we had a squad full of players underachieving. The number of comments about the team certainly suggested that the players were listless, not focused, etc. All under a head coach who had previously got them to a pretty high standard. There cannot be any disguising that sadly Nuno either orchestrated the demise or could not do anything to stop it. Yes we had injuries but so do many sides. We should have still had a squad good enough to make a better fist of things.
Yes it might not work out with Bruno but every indication is that he is bringing in an energy that has been lacking. We may have to work hard to stabilise our position in the premier this coming season but I feel if we do we are in for challenging for top 6 the season after.

Abwolves

Groupie
Reaction score
if ever a player would be slated before he got here..... would take the pressure off Leander I suppose
I really don’t think he would be the most terrible signing. He’s first team ready which is what us fans have been calling out for, a player that goes straight into the team. He’s 29 so still got a few years left in him. Huge physical presence will win headers. Doubt he’ll cost a huge amount either. Has his cons as well but don’t think he would be all bad.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don't
Believe
The
Hype
They'll finish well above Wolves as things stand . Their fans aren't worrying about the possibility of relegation to anywhere near the degree Wolves fans with any brains are.
Dont
Bury
Your
Head
In
The
Sand
We need signings or we will go down

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don’t think he would be the most terrible signing. He’s first team ready which is what us fans have been calling out for, a player that goes straight into the team. He’s 29 so still got a few years left in him. Huge physical presence will win headers. Doubt he’ll cost a huge amount either. Has his cons as well but don’t think he would be all bad.
Did you see him in the Euros?
So, so bad. Slower than Moutinho bad, and the Donk of last season on the ball.
Made Willian José look a willing runner.

Back
Top Bottom