Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that would be terrific business. Based on what Wagstaffe has said though, this seems to be the end of the Wolves road for Vitor.

He turned in our best performance last season. Went missing a lot, but oodles of talent

Missed that, not scrolled back enough obviously.

What's the source?

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£35 million?????? that would be an absolute coup considering he's already worth £40 - £45 and he's only 24!
u78z6m56.png

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeh you can just throw that rumour into the rubbish bin, talksport haven't got a clue.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still don't think it will be the big fire sale everybody was predicting........ If moutinho is staying, there is no way the club was gonna spend 20m on vitinha... For me the mix of moutinho, gibbs n vitinha isn't right....moutinho and gibbs are our players, vitinha isnt.... Traore n neves could both stay... We will be looking at central defender and midfield but we may have to sign one, loan another...........I reckon we could easily get Julian weigel on a loan with obligation deal......

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be a great move for him and I think he'd slot into that United team nicely. £35m is so cheap though. £15m cheaper than Ben White, ridiculous.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
This is where in the next two days Neves is nowhere to be seen at training and has that mysterious injury that players get before preseason games .

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Neves will surely go. So much smoke that there has to be a fire.

Just hope it's sorted quickly and it doesn't drag.

35 million is obviously too cheap, but that's what happens when you get in bed with a dodgy super agent. Cheap incomings, cheap outgoings.

They are just using the numbers they have, club will be working on maximum value like they have most thus summer

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would be a great move for him and I think he'd slot into that United team nicely. £35m is so cheap though. £15m cheaper than Ben White, ridiculous.

English tax needs to be adjusted for in that one I think

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
Wouldn't take much for someone at the club to come out and say that X Y or Z are going nowhere or it would have to be £70 Million before we would even entertain thinking about it.

It might be a forward thinking move by the club. Oh wait Loyalty points, season tickets blah blah blah = no chance

We haven't even managed a press conference with Lage really to put over his points . I see Everton did with Benitez

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't take much for someone at the club to come out and say that X Y or Z are going nowhere or it would have to be £70 Million before we would even entertain thinking about it.

It might be a forward thinking move by the club. Oh wait Loyalty points, season tickets blah blah blah
Give it a rest. You've made the same post 20 times now. As @Lupo always says, merge the misery!

If only Wolves would take a leaf out this CEO's book and release a similar statement:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves will surely go. So much smoke that there has to be a fire.

Just hope it's sorted quickly and it doesn't drag.

35 million is obviously too cheap, but that's what happens when you get in bed with a dodgy super agent. Cheap incomings, cheap outgoings.
If he goes for that then Mendes better have something special up his sleeve.

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
who did they follow?
I’m saying nothing!

I used to be a decent left back, 35 years or so ago….. a very pleasant surprise but there is nothing I would not do for this great club!

Out of Darkness Cometh Light!

Going for a jog up the cut to get my match sharpness back!

All the best deals are under the radar!

Attachments

• AF754D97-37DE-4E68-845E-FBD2EEF6A2B4.jpeg
    AF754D97-37DE-4E68-845E-FBD2EEF6A2B4.jpeg
    722.9 KB · Views: 130

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£35 million for Neves is a disgrace. No doubt the club will try and justify that price as a positive if it happens.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
Give it a rest. You've made the same post 20 times now. As @Lupo always says, merge the misery!

If only Wolves would take a leaf out this CEO's book and release a similar statement:

I am glad you seem to be counting my posts

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't demand a huge fee when everyone knows you need to sell to buy.

The market isn't there for Neves, only a select few clubs can pay £35m plus for a player and many don't need CM. Then, as said, the football world knows that we need the money, which is never good.

How typical Wolves would it be to be the only club that gives United a bargain ffs.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m saying nothing!

I used to be a decent left back, 35 years or so ago….. a very pleasant surprise but there is nothing I would not do for this great club!

Out of Darkness Cometh Light!

Going for a jog up the cut to get my match sharpness back!

All the best deals are under the radar!

You'll probably manage more games than Marcal this season.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£35 million for Neves is a disgrace. No doubt the club will try and justify that price as a positive if it happens.
Look how happy Matt Wild was at getting £40m+ for Jota. He was giggling and chuckling away saying how good it was, after a season where we dropped from 7th to 13th and had an embarrassing goalscoring record...

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
35 million+ add ons was what they paid for Van der Beek.
I'd suggest Neves is worth more. Approaching hos peak years, has proven himself in the PL, and still has plenty of time left on his contract.

Now I understand Neves may want to leave, and I'm resigned to losing him, but no reason to let him go on the cheap. And yes I know money is tight due to a pandemic but United are hardly broke are they?

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The market isn't there for Neves, only a select few clubs can pay £35m plus for a player and many don't need CM. Then, as said, the football world knows that we need the money, which is never good.

How typical Wolves would it be to be the only club that gives United a bargain ffs.
Then don't sell! We have other players we can sell which will get us the same amount of money. Getting rid of Vinagre (already a done deal), Mir etc. can raise some serious cash and not even dent the first team.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

£35M with some escalators to get it past £40M is fine. If Romano is to be believed we will get Palhinha to replace him and then extra money can be on a CB. He's been great for us but nowhere near irreplaceable

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thing is if Neves goes we will pay £30m for Paliniha so logic would say that Neves has asked to leave.

Coops

Reaction score
we'll they're hardly going to come out all Eeyore on it are they?

tenor.gif

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United have Bruno, Pogba, Van de Beek, Mata (?) Fred, McTominay, Lingard, Pereira, James and Matic as well as a host of young players breaking through. Where would Neves slot in? Admitedly, Utd may sell some players, but they have a midfield line-up many teams would kill for.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then don't sell! We have other players we can sell which will get us the same amount of money. Getting rid of Vinagre (already a done deal), Mir etc. can raise some serious cash and not even dent the first team.
I wouldn't sell either but I think you're being generous in thinking others could raise that sort of money. Clubs aren't spending.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look how happy Matt Wild was at getting £40m+ for Jota. He was giggling and chuckling away saying how good it was, after a season where we dropped from 7th to 13th and had an embarrassing goalscoring record...
Exactly! I was referring to the Ask Wolves video too when writing my comment. The deal for Jota looks awful for us now in hindsight, yet we're doomed to repeat it for Neves. The board will say we bought him for £18 million and essentially doubled his value, but it's still less than what he's worth in my opinion.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United have Bruno, Pogba, Van de Beek, Mata (?) Fred, McTominay, Lingard, Pereira, James and Matic as well as a host of young players breaking through. Where would Neves slot in? Admitedly, Utd may sell some players, but they have a midfield line-up many teams would kill for.
Pogba going to PSG for £50m according to media today.
Personally I'd rank Neves better than Pogba for all kinds of reasons, but accept I'm probably in the minority on that one

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves to Man Utd was posted in late May by two different people who'd heard, if I remember rightly. Was always in the offing. £35m is like swallowing glass, though. Hopefully either just an initial fee, or we have someone equally under-valued coming in to sweeten things. Unless Trincao was the sweetener.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He isn't worth £50M, probably 40M in a normal year.
He's a Portugal International who has 3 years of PL experience and has played in Europe with EL and CL. If Grealish is worth £100 million without every playing a European game, then I'm sure we could get £50 million for Neves.

Back
Top Bottom