Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Porto are signing Grujic and then will need to sell a midfielder then surely the Moutinho to them rumour is a non-starter now?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pure speculation from my part, but the rumoured price for Braitwaithe, added to what we have agreed to pay for Trincao, if we use the option to buy, just about adds up the amoun Leicester supposedly tried to buy Trincao for a year ago:

Could it be, that what we paid less for Trincao, we'll pay for Braitwaithe? Doesnt mean we dont want Braitwaithe, just that we basically get him on a free, because we pay £15M less for Trincao....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So how many days and years is it since we bought a CB that will be ready to go into the XI? Or a central midfielder? Getting beyond a joke.

Agree. It is rather frustrating that as it stands we still havent improved our centre back area or central midfield ahead of the new season and they are crucial areas that simply have to have investment in the next few weeks.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So how many days and years is it since we bought a CB that will be ready to go into the XI? Or a central midfielder? Getting beyond a joke.
724 days since we signed a defender to go into the first XI (we'll forget the fact that Vallejo was ****)
1 year, 11 months and 23 days.
17,346 hours and counting.

Working on the basis that Dendoncker is the last proper midfielder we signed.

1,076 days since we signed a midfielder to go into the first XI.

But remember, we need to be patient!!!

Abwolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Interesting. Off the top of my head I can’t think of anyone realistic that I’d really want from Everton though.

I wouldn’t be opposed to either Michael Keane or Yerry Mina although reckon they are not for sale or at least not for a fee we’d be interested in.

maybe Moise Keane too although he’s had a lot of links back to PSG I think. Could be one to play alongside Raul and fight with Fabio.

although someone talking about putting toffees in the fridge could be a right wind up.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
It would have been nice if we had signed a new CM and CD ( At least these two positions) could have been going to Spain .

As the players really need to get use to each other but also the new way that Bruno will play .

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be opposed to either Michael Keane or Yerry Mina although reckon they are not for sale or at least not for a fee we’d be interested in.

maybe Moise Keane too although he’s had a lot of links back to PSG I think. Could be one to play alongside Raul and fight with Fabio.

although someone talking about putting toffees in the fridge could be a right wind up.
gomes ?

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i am not ITK but a mate reckons two new signings lined up in the next couple of days. he knows this because the photographer is booked supposedly. make of it what you will. no names available
Complete speculation on my part but would that suggest domestic with the quarantine rules?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Interesting article here on Barcelona’s financial problems… it’s not like us to take advantage of another clubs problems is it? ;) Excerpt on Braithwaite also hinting that they considered releasing him, but it would be for a nominal gain:

Every little helps but it is not enough. Why release Martin Braithwaite, say, when what you save on salary makes so such a small dent in your debt?

They want Samuel Umtiti to go. And Miralem Pjanic, who in accountancy terms cost €70m but was effectively swapped for Arthur Melo, his more about finance than football signing – another short-term solution that left a longer-term problem, amortisation still pending. And Philippe Coutinho, who they had tried to get rid of before but for whom they could not find a buyer and who, closing in on triggering another payment to Liverpool, hasn’t played since December. And Ousmane Dembélé, but he is injured again.

I could see us getting him on loan with a cheap buy option which is honestly fine. Lage will want a larger squad than Nuno had, as will Shi I’m guessing given how last season was really the first time having a small squad backfired on us with the number of injuries we had leaving the bench threadbare for much of the season. Braithwaite wouldn’t be coming in expecting to start, it’s a depth signing with enough quality to contribute off the bench and in cup competitons

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i am not ITK but a mate reckons two new signings lined up in the next couple of days. he knows this because the photographer is booked supposedly. make of it what you will. no names available

I'm assuming he's separated this out from the photographer taking pics of Mosquera and Sa yesterday? Fingers crossed there are a couple more incoming shortly

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have thought Bruno would have wanted his squad mostly in place before the preseason training in Spain. How are any new signings supposed the bed into the squad and system if they join after the preseason matches as I thought the point of the preseason was to increase familiarity of the new system.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Porto signing Grujic for 12m means they'll now be forced to sell in midfield imo, with the likeliest to leave being one of Vitinha or Sergio Oliveira

If Porto dont have the money, then Vitinha to Wolves thus reducing the money Liverpuddle owe us for Jota, think that fits in with what Sellars said about being what was the words he used something like wheeling and dealing..

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we did have a couple of done deals lined up, would be a great time to announce and get around some of the Covid regs in Spain... plus also integrate with the squad out there

Fingers crossed

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have thought Bruno would have wanted his squad mostly in place before the preseason training in Spain. How are any new signings supposed the bed into the squad and system if they join after the preseason matches as I thought the point of the preseason was to increase familiarity of the new system.

Agree. The lack of new additions in central midfield and still no first team starter ready centre back, new addition, concern me. We have needed players in this area for the last 18 months.
To me we look particularly weak in central midfield at present.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree. The lack of new additions in central midfield and still no first team starter ready centre back, new addition, concern me. We have needed players in this area for the last 18 months.
To me we look particularly weak in central midfield at present.
Totally agree .. i am a happy clapper and worried these 2 positions havent been first priority .. all transfer gossip are forwards .. Zouma was asked about so hopefully we are looking at this class of player

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

yes, however consider that maybe the players wanted were at euros/under 21’s going to the olympics etc

Some may not be back at preseason yet etc plus if they got to Spain this week they can circumvent quarantine under elite sportsman’s rules to my understanding

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we did have a couple of done deals lined up, would be a great time to announce and get around some of the Covid regs in Spain... plus also integrate with the squad out there

Fingers crossed

If any new signings are already in Spain would they have to do any isolating or could they just immediately join up with the squad at the training camp?

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If any new signings are already in Spain would they have to do any isolating or could they just immediately join up with the squad at the training camp?

They may have to produce a number of negative tests but would then circumvent British quarantine I believe

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would imagine the photographer will be going to Spain with the media team?

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree .. i am a happy clapper and worried these 2 positions havent been first priority .. all transfer gossip are forwards .. Zouma was asked about so hopefully we are looking at this class of player

OR maybe we needed to move some players out we couldn't move until the whole squad had returned IE Neves?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He went to porto for 10.5 million. Maybe we can get vitinha for 10 million in the same kind of deal as ait nouri.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grjuic goes to Porto and the Vitinhamaniacs are praying the messiah returns.

Out of all the Porto players possibly available he'd be nowhere near the top end of my list. I just don't see what others are seeing

The only Porto players we should really be looking at, as they fits our needs, are Leite, Romario Baro and Jesus Corona.

Back
Top Bottom