Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to Marcal he's played great so far and hasn't got crocked so far. I really hope he can do a whole season for us.

If we go to a back four yeah, if we stick with a back three then we can't afford to use him much longer, he offers nothing in the final third.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loaning out Sondergaard at the last moment sums up how disorganised this window and the wider club is at the moment.

we have 2 senior keepers left but 2 Out on loan, we haven’t learned our lesson after Raul’s injury last year and again we are taking another gamble, same situation with MGW to Sheff Untied but no replacements brought in

We have plenty of keepers. Loaning out young talent is the only thing we've done today that I agree with.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guys, believe me I know its difficult to be constructive right now, but.... if you were recruiting for a team struggling to find at least one CM and you were FORCED to look at players available on a "Free", who would you short list????
If the question is to Jeff and Fosun it would be whoever would play for free

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sanches ends up playing for Lille in September or October, there’s going to be a lot of (even more) angry supporters.

I actually feel we’re a bit out of order leaking the news that his injury is worse than feared. Can’t encourage him or Lille in any potential future dealings with us.

What happened here? I missed this. What did we actually say then?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
What happened here? I missed this. What did we actually say then?

It’s been said by Spiers and others that one of the reasons we didn’t pursue the deal is that Sanches’ injury is worse than feared and will rule him out for a large part of the season.

Just don’t feel it’s our role to be briefing journalists to give injury updates on another club’s player, especially if it is to deflect from our own failings in terms of research and preparation.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Investment is done. 30 mil buy now worth 300 mil and 100 mil off sky coming in every year.

They couldn’t care less anymore as long as we stay up and turn a profit on a few players.

They are going to be in for a massive backlash if we can't get at least 4 points from our next 2 games. We will be right in the mix for relegation.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been off for a few weeks, felt the negativity was far too draining for me personally.

Generally I've tried to be more positive & trust the club & "process" but what an absolute cluster **** of a final day.

Those in charge of recruitment have let Bruno (and by extension us fans) down massively here.

Worried what an injury or 2 does for us in midfield, worried what this says to our manager, worried about what this says to our top players & also worried (after giving them a chance) as to who we have running our recruitment/transfer/negotiation strategy.

No amount of spin turns this into a positive. 3 senior midfielders. Learned the lessons from Rauls injury last year have they?

Looks like you guys were right @JOSWolf @WeAreTheWolvesII .

Very, very despondent.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the **** is the relevance of that? Yes I attended every game home and away under the Bhattis, did you?
Rhos mate, l obviously wasn't as clear as l thought that l was hence I think that you missed what l was trying to say. Hope this makes it clearer:

sswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm certain that you're just being obtuse at this point.
I’m certain you don’t grasp the concept that not all players want to play for wolves and also it’s ok for wolves to ask for high fees for players but rattles are thrown out of prams when other teams do the same. Get your head out of the sand

Leemack

Reaction score
Surprised - no
Disappointed - majorly

What an absolute shower of dross this window has been. I’m off to sleep and hopefully I dream of something other than the transfer window. Or is that a nightmare?

What a boring window. Bad mood for beddy byes now

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wondering ......

BREAKING NEWS

Tottenham and Serge Aurier in talks over a mutual contract termination.

If agreed, the defender essentially becomes a free transfer and can join another club beyond the deadline.
We don't need a fullback, particularly an erratic ****wit on big money. Levy letting him go for nowt or even paying him off says it all....

Reactions: Ned

sswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Well that's that! What a load of ****ing *******s! It's a ****ing shambles and Fosun have a lot of explaining to to and personally I think they should sell and **** off
Who’s going to buy wolves. Newcastle have struggled for a few years now to find new owners and they are a bigger club

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
Strange, the cat normally goes out about midnight. It went out at 22:59 tonight.....

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right I’m signing off. Gutted, my faith in Fosun & the project gone.
Shutting up as just venting fury at this point.
Amazed if we don’t go down. No first choice CB or CM again - complete joke.

Fosun I loved you for what you did, but you clearly don’t want to win and your promises were not genuine. Sell to someone who cares.

Goidnight.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I will try and sum this up

Sellers said in the video in May that we needed a larger squad but we end up with a smaller one

We have the same central defenders that we had in the Championship 4 seasons ago !!!

We have the same central midfield players for the 4th season in a row

We only have three senior central midfield players and one is in his mid 30’s and we still let MGW, the only cover go out on loan. Playing a high pressing game will lead to more injuries so if more than one of hose three are injured we are totally screwed - there is really nobody else ( and no Saiss and Coady are not an option, assuming we want to win the game)

The club say they are ambitious but We have a small transfer surplus over the last two summer windows. We have gone backwards and clubs like Leicester and West Ham have overtaken us.

I know we were restricted by the FFP ruling by UEFA but surely we could have done more

Those facts clearly demonstrate that Sellars is out of his depth

Not signing a senior central defender and central midfielder is simply negligent

Behind the scenes the commercial, ticketing and corporate organisation is terrible. The day to day running of the club since Laurie Dalrymple left has deteriorated significantly - conclusion Jeff is not up to it

There is. I way Fosun can sugar coat this terrible window - it is simply embarrassing

Fosun have given me the best 5 years of my Wolves supporting life but unless they back Bruno with some serious money in Jan then they should be honest and admit they are no longer interested and sell up

GBWolf

Reaction score
I’m certain you don’t grasp the concept that not all players want to play for wolves and also it’s ok for wolves to ask for high fees for players but rattles are thrown out of prams when other teams do the same. Get your head out of the sand
Read my post again.

My entire point is that we left it too late to go after our targets.

Feel free to reply but I'm leaving it here as your comments about my perception of our club are just silly and presumptive on your behalf when I have given you no material to make that sort of judgement.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just had a horrible realisation about the MGW loan, was thinking that they would never have let him leave without other midfielders coming in etc etc.
But what if they just took the fee, and that was more important. Sheff u paid 500k, 1m, 2m? And Jeff snapped their hand off, his two yes men Sellars and the goalie coach nodded along.

Really feel sorry for Bruno. If we continue losing and the atmosphere goes evil at home I just hope fans remember it's the board not him.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And that's it. The existing squad and Bruno deserved to be backed today, and we as fans deserved more too but we will all be behind them when it starts again, backs to the wall mentality needed this season... but after those frustrating opening 3 games we needed today to go much much better

I know we tried, but that doesn't cut it. Deals were there to be done and we failed it every way today and have to hope for the best now... we're used to poor deadline days but this was one of the worst ever, especially with deals we wanted done tantalised at every turn

Not a good day all around but all we can do is get behind those players who will be turning out for us for the rest of this season (until at least Jan anyway) despite our frustration with the board, otherwise we will only suffer more as results will inevitably suffer too

Backs to the wall

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve had a few depressing and disappointing transfer deadline days over the years, but this one has been a real piece of ****.

I just can’t believe they haven’t sorted Lage a midfielder at the very least. Even worse infact, they’ve sent one elsewhere. He’s going to have to work some magic down here if this is how he’s going to be ‘backed’.

Trust us they said? We got this. Clearly they wanted to make a big sale that never materialised, and then had to scrabble round with a few pennies last minute to see if they could pull a fast one (or two) on a club that’s skint. What brilliant planning. What a complete letdown

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom