Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson is a leader. If we want more players like him we we need to sign players with leadership qualities. Vocal, organiser, read the game. Big miss when he goes. Big miss. Especially if we are relying on Kilman lol recipe for disaster AGAIN
if only we had someone of that ilk but jettisoned him unnecessarily. imagine if he could also play in a back three too!!!

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don’t know what we are going to do with the defence next season. Mosquera, if he comes back, would be a good addition but would need somebody next to him to organise the defence. Can Kilman do that? Does Dawson’s lack of pace mean that he can do it but we play deeper? What about Toti and Santi?

Honestly I’ve got no idea what direction GON is going to want to go with this. I’ve got a feeling a couple of them will get sold in the summer and the defence will get a makeover. We’ve been too leaky to carry on and progress with the same players back there, haven’t we?
Not just CBs but depends on the WBs

At the moment Semedo and RAN are suited as WBs. If they both went (which is possible) then there is an overhaul of WBs/FBs and CBs with a question as to whether we play a Back 3/5 or Back 4.

Back 4

GK
FB CB CB FB

Gomes Lemina Traore/Doyle
Neto/new Hwang/new Cunha

Feels like an overhaul of defence as could conceivably need a whole new back line as unclear if Dawson, Kilman, Bueno, Toti or Mosquera are suited as CBs. Toti and Mosquera could be played as FBs!

Back 5
GK
CB CB Toti
WB Lemina Gomes WB
Neto/new Hwang/new Cunha

Toti fits, Bueno/Mosquera and Kilman/Dawson work. Whether WBs are current options or more likely new additions.

There are options but at the moment I can see a 5.

Reactions: Ned

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 year ban

I bet his appeal to CAS will be based on;

Contamination of a supplement

Or

His brother who has gone out of his way to blackmail him, spiking or getting into his system without his knowledge

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last thing we need is another big overhaul.

Integrate Mosquera next season and buy another up and coming CB with the intention of them replacing Dawson in a year.

On paper, you then have a Colombian international, a Portuguese international, a Uruguayan international an English CB probably not far off the squad and a Premier league stalwart in Dawson.
I think we completely agree haha. I didn't mean a big overhaul in terms of the whole squad, just in defence.

I think we need two new CBs so we can change the way we play out from the back. Agree that Mosquera should be given the chance as one, with another very good signing to be integrated and eventually replace Dawson.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we completely agree haha. I didn't mean a big overhaul in terms of the whole squad, just in defence.

I think we need two new CBs so we can change the way we play out from the back. Agree that Mosquera should be given the chance as one, with another very good signing to be integrated and eventually replace Dawson.
i get you buddy and agree

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There is just too much to do if everyone's wishlist is to be fulfilled...

But if we sell Kilman (£40mill) and RAN (£60mill) for a combined £100mill and buy Jacob Greaves (£15mill) and Juan Miranda (£Free) to replace them with £10mill going to Angers, it would be a hell of a start! £75mill pocketed!

If we are then still focussing on players in the £15mill-£20mill bracket, that would give us the money to buy the players we need to really build a proper squad. Bento (£17mill), Rodrigo Gomes (£13mill), Jota Silva (£17mill), Mohamed Amoura (£17mill).

There wouldn't be any need to sell any more crown jewels as we'd be struggling be able to spend what we've already made.

Move on the bomb squad (Fabio, Guedes, Podence and Hoever) on top of that and we would turn a nice little profit. Jeff, and Gary, would both be delighted, I'm sure.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should not have been exposed like he was. He won from what I read 25% of his duels. That's poor. The tactics and the way we play have exposed our whole defence alot in recent times. Especially when the forwards do not hold onto the ball or lose it easily and then we are beat in the transition. I know I am singling out Kilman. It may seem harsh.

We have a fair few more that others have pointed out are also in poor form. Sarabia for example has been poor in the last month and been giving the ball away and losing the ball in poor places. The tactics that we employ seem to be those currently of a team that do not have the players to match. We are not a team that can pass through teams yet it seems that for some reason GON has set us up to try and be that in the absence of pass it to the quick kid and let him run motive.
Sarabia has been asked to play as an out and out forward over the last month or so and that really isn't his game. Your comments about the forwards are true but for most of that same time period we had no real forwards fit with stopgaps and/or kids playing then latterly players coming back before they appear to be fully match fit. I agree that Kilman has slipped from his previous standards but the context is highly relevant.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pogba has randomly started following Wolves on Instagram, thats weird
I wonder if he has some sort of link to one of our squad?

When his head was straight he was a damned good player but his normal attitude is all too often everything we least need in a player and his wages are stupid too....

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet his appeal to CAS will be based on;

Contamination of a supplement

Or

His brother who has gone out of his way to blackmail him, spiking or getting into his system without his knowledge

Looks like the contaminated supplement is the way to go……

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like the contaminated supplement is the way to go……

I won’t go into the lengths some athletes/their reps go to researching what legal things get made in the same factory as supplements from the bodybuilding industry that contain banned substances for football that they want so they can play that card if they get busted…….

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watch a lot of MMA and when a guy gets busted the contaminated supplements line always comes out.

Micro-dose cycles is the mma fighters friend most the time….. or the former allowed loop-hole of “low test levels” to get TRT and dose up to the eyeballs legally!!! It is what WWE wrestlers are doing now to “legally” take testosterone to bulk up….. instead of “taking vitamins and saying your prayers”

Unless you Jon jones it by hiding under the cage to avoid the tester…. or hiding behind picograms long after they should be out of your system.

UFC is harder to dope in now, but it is why some Brazilians don’t fight outside Brazil…….

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Micro-dose cycles is the mma fighters friend most the time….. or the former allowed loop-hole of “low test levels” to get TRT and dose up to the eyeballs legally!!! It is what WWE wrestlers are doing now to “legally” take testosterone to bulk up….. instead of “taking vitamins and saying your prayers”

Unless you Jon jones it by hiding under the cage to avoid the tester…. or hiding behind picograms long after they should be out of your system.

UFC is harder to dope in now, but it is why some Brazilians don’t fight outside Brazil…….
They’re moving away from USADA so I’m expecting some shady **** to be going on.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re moving away from USADA so I’m expecting some shady **** to be going on.

It is a major reason why they have…… too many getting busted.

They are already with the new tester mate.

You seen Jones do more “job jones like things”?

Threatened the life of a female drug tester now…..

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is a major reason why they have…… too many getting busted.

They are already with the new tester mate.

You seen Jones do more “job jones like things”?

Threatened the life of a female drug tester now…..
Jones and McGregor are a pair of scumbags who’ve been enabled by Dana due to the money they bring in. If they were lower card fighters they’d have both been binned off years ago.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Attempt 2:

Pogba won’t be signed by us as we won’t be able to afford his transfer fee as he still has a contract and if we couldn’t sign a striker in Jan for a small fee when moving two out on loan.

I doubt we will pay the amount juve will want for him.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Attempt 2:

Pogba won’t be signed by us as we won’t be able to afford his transfer fee as he still has a contract and if we couldn’t sign a striker in Jan for a small fee when moving two out on loan.

I doubt we will pay the amount juve will want for him.
Let's not even mention wages either...

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need some more mobility throughout the spine of the team.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Sarabia has been asked to play as an out and out forward over the last month or so and that really isn't his game. Your comments about the forwards are true but for most of that same time period we had no real forwards fit with stopgaps and/or kids playing then latterly players coming back before they appear to be fully match fit. I agree that Kilman has slipped from his previous standards but the context is highly relevant.
Context is everything to be honest. I stated that to another poster who bought up stats. Stats can make anyone look good or bad depending on the context. With Sarabia, who I am a big fan of, I agree he has had to play a role he is not used too, with players he is not used to, in the kids.

Regards Kilman, he has not been in the best form and I believe that Dawson being missing has made this more obvious. I personally think even before Dawson was injured Kilman was not as good as some on here loaded him to be.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Wrexham mate reckons they are seriously interested in Cresswell. Can't see it myself, but some statement if they could pull that off. Think he'd be an ok squad addition for us.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were together at Juve
Thankfully SuperMario didn't catch the Pogba bug.

No way is Pogba coming here, and with Mario, Doyle, Pitbull and Bouba on the books - plus Sarabia and Bellegarde as typically more advanced midfielders - we're fine in that area.

Cover/replacement for Semedo, a challenger to Sa, and a central striker are the three priorities for me.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Context is everything to be honest. I stated that to another poster who bought up stats. Stats can make anyone look good or bad depending on the context. With Sarabia, who I am a big fan of, I agree he has had to play a role he is not used too, with players he is not used to, in the kids.

Regards Kilman, he has not been in the best form and I believe that Dawson being missing has made this more obvious. I personally think even before Dawson was injured Kilman was not as good as some on here loaded him to be.

Kilman had the same issue when Coady was here. When Coady played, Kilman looked decent, but when unavailable, he was found lacking. When Dawson arrived, Kilman once again looked good, until he became injured. Kilman is no longer a kid, but I think he needs a more experienced or mature CB to partner him.

I just don’t think Kilman is a born leader. I think he’s decent as a CB and can do what he’s told very well, but organising others while performing himself is not in his toolset. That’s not a slight on him, as it’s the case for many players that they’re not natural leaders.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we’d signed Kilman for £30m everyone on here would be disappointed in him. You don’t expect a player valued at above £30m to need their hand holding.

Last edited:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unlikely Neto would have his head turned by Newcastle to be honest. Feel like he’d wait for a bigger club to come along. That being said, if the Saudi’s want to throw £50m at us for him…

Back
Top Bottom