Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree but it may be too late if he's already been told by Mendes he's lining up a move for him.
That doesn't mean we need to give him away. Even with his injuries he's a £50m player. Palace want £60m+ for both Olise and Eze, even with his injuries Neto has more goal involvements than either of them!

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That doesn't mean we need to give him away. Even with his injuries he's a £50m player. Palace want £60m+ for both Olise and Eze, even with his injuries Neto has more goal involvements than either of them!

To add to that, Olise’s injury record this season must be fairly similar to that of Neto. Hamstring issues that have meant missing several months. Eze missed a few matches as well, as that’s when Palace really struggled without both of them in the team.
On balance, I’d go for Neto over both of them.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lining up for a difficult summer , if we need to replace Sa, Semedo, Neto and Rayan....

That's 4 out the starting 11 before we have even got to squad building....if the strong rumours are correct .
Agreed, and i would not be surprised if a least 1 from Kilman, Sarabia and Hwang left as well.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To add to that, Olise’s injury record this season must be fairly similar to that of Neto. Hamstring issues that have meant missing several months. Eze missed a few matches as well, as that’s when Palace really struggled without both of them in the team.
On balance, I’d go for Neto over both of them.
English tax on both of them though.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As seen with Maguire last year.

The rumour is he was happy to leave, but take a compensation payment of 50% of the remainder of his contract as it was going to be a 50% pay drop to join West Ham.

The glazers refused.

That is the story now coming out on the various Man Utd YouTube and blogging spaces.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately for him he's a long term crock so we'll have to take whatever we can get.

I dont think we have to. As i said, there are perfectly logical reasons for his injury issues. He isnt a Neil Masters or a Razak Boukari type player whose bodies just kept breaking down.

Somebody is going to get a serious bargain with him because of how we have mismanaged his injuries over the years.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully not.....I'm expecting or hoping for a big cull on loan players.....
Probably.

Only 3 worth giving a pre season maybe Cundle, Chiq and Dex as squad players, can’t see much past them really all the rest will be sold or loaned again. Shame for the likes of Pond but blues going down could be our little feeder farm for this type?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably.

Only 3 worth giving a pre season maybe Cundle, Chiq and Dex as squad players, can’t see much past them really all the rest will be sold or loaned again. Shame for the likes of Pond but blues going down could be our little feeder farm for this type?
1 Yerson , the rest can go....from the players out on loan...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The rumour is he was happy to leave, but take a compensation payment of 50% of the remainder of his contract as it was going to be a 50% pay drop to join West Ham.

The glazers refused.

That is the story now coming out on the various Man Utd YouTube and blogging spaces.
If the Glazers were dumb enough to expect players to take a financial hit and the club none then they deserved to keep all of the high paid dross they accumulated.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably.

I think Dex needs another season, there’s no point in having him at the club when we’ve got Semedo and Doc on the right. I’d rather him get some more game time for one more season first.

I’m on the fence with Cundle, centre midfield isn’t really a worry for us but might be good to see what he can do further forward - I just don’t think hes ever going to be at the level he needs to be.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the Glazers were dumb enough to expect players to take a financial hit and the club none then they deserved to keep all of the high paid dross they accumulated.
And they will, just like Chelsea and their ridiculous 8 year contracts. Looks like their pigeons are coming home to roost!!!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia linked to Besiktas, apologies if already mentioned.

Think he may be off, highest earner and not quite what GON wants in his forwards - pace and high press/work rate come to mind.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia linked to Besiktas, apologies if already mentioned.

Think he may be off, highest earner and not quite what GON wants in his forwards - pace and high press/work rate come to mind.
Yep hes been massively disappointing last few games,if we can get a decent fee id be all for him going
Ofc that would mean even fewer players in an already weak area

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep hes been massively disappointing last few games,if we can get a decent fee id be all for him going
Ofc that would mean even fewer players in an already weak area
Would expect big changes in summer - outgoings and incomings. If we are to back GON properly then it's inevitable.

I think Semedo may be off too, high earner and not long left on his contract.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't think of a player I'd want less!
Well Inter Barca and Spurs seem to want him lol
I agree hes had his problems but theres a player in there obviously as his career to date proves
Hes probably way out of our league anyway so it doesnt really matter

dnf14

Reaction score
Not sarcasm or cynicism, genuine question - has anything that Talking Wolves re-reported come true? Ever?
They're aggregators so for every ten bunk rumours they report there's also them tweeting about Lemina, Cunha, Gomes etc. that obviously did come true. The issue is that a lot of ****e gets posted about us and nearly none of it is true and they mostly report what is already in the public domain.
They broke the news about Neto and Jordao though iirc and I think they're still made up about that.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to stick up a bit for Sarabia....I think he has had a decent season....Granted he looks to have run out of gas....but that's largely because he has to take the brunt of all the injuries we have had up front....he filled in really well for Neto when he first got injured and I still think his cameo against Spurs turned the season round....

I think he has done well all things considered...again better than was expected...

Last edited:

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Going ng to stick up a bit for Sarabia....I think he has had a decent season....Granted he looks to have run out of gas....but that's largely because he has to take the brunt of all the injuries we have had up front....he filled in really well for Neto when he first got injured and I still think his cameo against Spurs turned the season round....

I think he has done well all things considered...again better than was expected...
He’s a really good player when you’ve got pace infront of him. Struggles to influence games when we have no pace however.

I’d want him just drifting all over the place with Neto, Cunha, Hwang all making runs.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to stick up a bit for Sarabia....I think he has had a decent season....Granted he looks to have run out of gas....but that's largely because he has to take the brunt of all the injuries we have had up front....he filled in really well for Neto when he first got injured and I still think his cameo against Spurs turned the season round....

Agreed, and I've been against getting rid of him previously. But if we can get a decent fee for him it wouldn't be the worst idea to try and reinvest I someone that suits GONs style better.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a really good player when you’ve got pace infront of him. Struggles to influence games when we have no pace however.

I’d want him just drifting all over the place with Neto, Cunha, Hwang all making runs.
I agree I like him...he lacks a yard obviously but he is different to what we have....can keep the ball and create something....he is what he is an excellent squad player ... clearly not the same player when the players you mentioned are missing.....but if anyone has put a shift in since October it's Sarabia.......he probably deserves the lart few games off....

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, and I've been against getting rid of him previously. But if we can get a decent fee for him it wouldn't be the worst idea to try and reinvest I someone that suits GONs style better.
Just a bit concerned if we lost him and Neto in one foul swoop.....

Back
Top Bottom