Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still hasn´t got over we didn´t flog Kilman for 30 Mill.
Without Daws,we are in a fast car traffic accident central defence.
Kilman is useless without a daddy by his side..nice assist yesterday BTW.
Santiago Bueno hasn´t looked right at all..he seems a tad better than the complete dud Collins but that´s it.
Toti is the pick of a sorrow bunch..progressing and looks right on trajectory.

We desperatly need a good quality forward,no doubts.
We also needs a good quality central defender.

We miss out in defence,we will get relegated next season.

I´m hoping for a RAN bidding war this summer that will come a decent way in bankrolling our transfers in.
We need four or five decent quality new players..that with RAN going.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will see. Shi and Fosun are hopefully not stupid and will realise that the squad badly needs reinforcing. If we can't get a very good fee for Neto however, nor for Guedes, Podence and Silva you wonder how much the club is willing to spend in order to get the four or five extra bodies we need plus Mosquera for next season. And that assumes Neto is the only senior quality player who goes. We need two strikers but even one good quality centre forward, who is not injury prone,
would make a huge difference and allow Cunha in particular to express his considerable abilities. Then there is the question of replacing the oldies- Dawson, Doc, Sarabia with fresher blood,,,
Yes you have highlighted the many issues. All of which I imagine are on GON's mind when he talks about our shortcomings.
I am sensing he isn't getting the answers he wants.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard to get too excited about that when it would mean Nelson Semedo would be off.

(Can't believe I'm writing that)
One year left though we have to cash in…. If a Saudi club offer us good money let’s not be too hasty ???

Semedo doesn’t score or assist enough. We get some good value back let’s go ahead and progress with someone else. Time for a new team a new revolution and Gaz’s stamp on our style

Last edited:

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo has been average at best since we signed him, until this season when he really stepped-up. Unfortunately, since January, he seems to have regressed and become as mistake-ridden as previously. Of course, regression can be aimed at a lot of our players since the turn of the year!
Defensively, Semedo is suspect and when attacking, he flatters to deceive. Ironically, the best cross he's produced this season led to Hwang's disallowed goal against Bournemouth.
125 appearances and 1 goal says he's not an effective wing back. Even 130 yo Doherty has more goals/assists this season.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never believe anything from Turkey ....Rule number 1 in a window....cause as of yet everyone has been 100%..... *******s...

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo has been average at best since we signed him, until this season when he really stepped-up. Unfortunately, since January, he seems to have regressed and become as mistake-ridden as previously. Of course, regression can be aimed at a lot of our players since the turn of the year!
Defensively, Semedo is suspect and when attacking, he flatters to deceive. Ironically, the best cross he's produced this season led to Hwang's disallowed goal against Bournemouth.
125 appearances and 1 goal says he's not an effective wing back. Even 130 yo Doherty has more goals/assists this season.
I agree with his end product being poor but hes been excellent this season and most of last defensive wise
The last few games his performances have dropped off, but GON says we shouldnt be playing him as he has slight muscle problems just we have no one else he trusts there
If Saudi come in with silly money ofc move him on, but doc is certainly not the answer and needs moving on too

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo's had a good season, his stamina and pace really help us put more numbers in the middle of the pitch while also enabling him to still do his defensive duties (which have improved this season). But he was mainly brought in to transform our attacking output (Nuno said he'd help take us to the 'next level') and in that regard he's been a bit of a failure given the high price (and wages).

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with his end product being poor but hes been excellent this season and most of last defensive wise
The last few games his performances have dropped off, but GON says we shouldnt be playing him as he has slight muscle problems just we have no one else he trusts there
If Saudi come in with silly money ofc move him on, but doc is certainly not the answer and needs moving on too
I thought he was our best player against Bournemouth...not saying he was excellent at all and he clearly wasn't 100% fit and got caught out a couple of times , probably due to not being right ...

But he was one of the only ones with any urgency to get up the pitch ....just typical for him he had a magic moment that clawed us back into it the game and it will be forgotten cause it was ruled out ...

For me Semedo can stand as tall as any of our players for his performance this season.....up there with the most consistent..... some try desperately to cling onto an agenda....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We get 10 of these rumours from Turkey every year and they’ve never been right.
We get 10 of these rumours from Turkey every year and they’ve never been right.
I think the interest has been there but we never made moves. If we enquired they jump the gun and say we’ve offered x y & z hoping to attract other clubs to bid. This one maybe the same but also Semedo one year left maybe we sell him and replace him. A summer full of rumours in and out. We’ve been previously linked with him before I think. So maybe we have watched him a few times. Either way someone that can attack and score goals from wing back will improve us :)

You can undertand why he'd want to leave after the fan pitch fight that kicked off!
Absolutely plus he used to play for QPR & Blackpool his family are probably in the UK

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was our best player against Bournemouth...not saying he was excellent at all and he clearly wasn't 100% fit and got caught out a couple of times , probably due to not being right ...

But he was one of the only ones with any urgency to get up the pitch ....just typical for him he had a magic moment that clawed us back into it the game and it will be forgotten cause it was ruled out ...

For me Semedo can stand as tall as any of our players for his performance this season.....up there with the most consistent..... some try desperately to cling onto an agenda....
This aimed at me? If so, no agenda as I've praised him when he was playing well earlier in the season and said words to the effect that he now looks the player we bought years before.
Unfortunately, he seems to have regressed and the point you made about being 'our best player against Bournemouth' is laughable with how well Sa played.
I respect your opinion which on the question of Semedo differs from mine, however an agenda suggests an underlying plan, which I can assure you, I don't have. Do you?

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Word up here is that Feyenoord, Celtic, and a number of Premier League clubs are looking at Macedonian striker Bojan Miovski, who currently plies his trade at Aberdeen. I wonder if we’re one of them…

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the interest has been there but we never made moves. If we enquired they jump the gun and say we’ve offered x y & z hoping to attract other clubs to bid. This one maybe the same but also Semedo one year left maybe we sell him and replace him. A summer full of rumours in and out. We’ve been previously linked with him before I think. So maybe we have watched him a few times. Either way someone that can attack and score goals from wing back will improve us :)

Absolutely plus he used to play for QPR & Blackpool his family are probably in the UK
Seems the right price range and looks the part,pacey, skilful and not afraid to shoot
True or not its the right type of player at 26,looks good on the left too

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Word up here is that Feyenoord, Celtic, and a number of Premier League clubs are looking at Macedonian striker Bojan Miovski, who currently plies his trade at Aberdeen. I wonder if we’re one of them…
Neil Warnock says he's the best striker he's ever worked with. I know most think he's a massive *******, but he's stuck around for longer than most, so you have to give his opinion some credence.

For £10m he could well be worth a shout. He looks good on his YouTube clips. It's not just shots and goals, he plays well in the team and defends. Maybe even offer Fabio as part ex:sweatsmile:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neil Warnock says he's the best striker he's ever worked with. I know most think he's a massive *******, but he's stuck around for longer than most, so you have to give his opinion some credence.

For £10m he could well be worth a shout. He looks good on his YouTube clips. It's not just shots and goals, he plays well in the team and defends. Maybe even offer Fabio as part ex:sweatsmile:
He looks decent target man but slow maybe he’s the answer doing very well in an average team in Scotland

John McGinn come from that league so why not?

Bradstonian

Reaction score

Interesting… I’d hope Wolves will at least be considering the prospect.

Just looked on the Dons fans forum and spotted this comment:
“Bojan is the best striker we’ve had since Gilhaus 30 years ago. Replacing him as an individual will be well nigh impossible.”

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting… I’d hope Wolves will at least be considering the prospect.

Just looked on the Dons fans forum and spotted this comment:
“Bojan is the best striker we’ve had since Gilhaus 30 years ago. Replacing him as an individual will be well nigh impossible.”

Lets not put them off by offering silva as part ex lol

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This aimed at me? If so, no agenda as I've praised him when he was playing well earlier in the season and said words to the effect that he now looks the player we bought years before.
Unfortunately, he seems to have regressed and the point you made about being 'our best player against Bournemouth' is laughable with how well Sa played.
I respect your opinion which on the question of getting Semedo differs from mine, however an agenda suggests an underlying plan, which I can assure you, I don't have. Do you?
Wasn't meant at you at all....if it was I would have responded direct to you......some do have an agenda against him that's all...

I mentioned Semedo as he seemed to be the only one getting us up the pitch against Bournemouth...I'm hardly going to mention the keeper for that am I..... mentioned on the verdict thread that O'Neil limited us with getting forward as he used Rayan n Lemina to stick with Solanke and Semenyo.....

It wasn't meant for you at all...don't flatter yourself...I can't remember any post you put up about Semedo....and if I did and wanted to disagree with I would directly....

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't meant at you at all....if it was I would have responded direct to you......some do have an agenda against him that's all...

I mentioned Semedo as he seemed to be the only one getting us up the pitch against Bournemouth...I'm hardly going to mention the keeper for that am I..... mentioned on the verdict thread that O'Neil limited us with getting forward as he used Rayan n Lemina to stick with Solanke and Semenyo.....

It wasn't meant for you at all...don't flatter yourself...I can't remember any post you put up about Semedo....and if I did and wanted to disagree with I would directly....
OK, fair enough. It was just that your post was only around 6 posts after my post about Semedo. Btw, I haven't 'flattered myself', just looking for clarification and royally ****ed-off that posters use the 'agenda' word as a dig at posters who have differing opinions to themselves. Similarly, posters (not aimed at you) throw around the 'scapegoat' word too often imo, when posters have genuinely held criticisms of some players. :(

Back
Top Bottom