Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dunno mate, they sold James Trafford for £15m so it’s reasonable to assume they’d want at least that for the two English lads.
To counter this, we're getting Doyle off them for less than £5m, AND Bueno was around £8m! TD is certainly a steal, Bueno is also good value, but no so much of a steal!

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
So if we do the following:

1. Sell two top players (Air-Nouri and Neto) for £100m
2. Sell players out on loan not required (Guedes, Silva, Podence, Hoever, Cundle, Bolla, Hodge) for c£30m
3. Have a kitty of say £50m

and our squad looks like this
GK: Sa, Bentley, Moulden
FB: Semedo, Bueno, Doherty, Lembiska,
CB: Dawson, Kilman, Bueno, Gomes, Mosquera,
MD: Gomes, Lemina, Doyle, Traore, Bellegarde
A/WM: Sarabia, Chiquinho, Gonzales, Chirewa, Lemina
FWD: Cunha, Hwang, Fraser, Chiwome

Where would you spend the cash a who would be the priority. For me Attacking/Wide Midfield and Centre Forward looks this lightest.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it amusing when people talk about our players and the fact we would be lucky to get 50m for this player or 35m for the other, but when they talk about other teams the fees spoken about are huge, I heard the radio shin palace would be looking for 150m for guehi, Eze and olisse, there no better than Kilman, Neto or cunha, in fact I would say cunha is the best out of them all,
Guehi had pace ...Max doesn't. Without Ballon Dawson he's all over the place.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kelleher looks a good buy, i expect gomes is a ran replacement

There is need to replace ran and neto let alone the number 9 demand!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don’t manage to sell Sa for very good money then I’d be keeping him for another season. We’ve got bigger fish to fry than spending our money on replacing a keeper who, ultimately, doesn’t need replacing just yet.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

2. Sell players out on loan not required (Guedes, Silva, Podence, Hoever, Cundle, Bolla, Hodge) for c£30m

Where would you spend the cash a who would be the priority. For me Attacking/Wide Midfield and Centre Forward looks this lightest.
You've got 5 kids in A/WM and FWD and thats not counting Chiquinho. So I'd start there. If Fraser is 3rd choice at the start of the season next year there will be apoplectic rage on here, quite rightly so looking at current circumstances.

A/WM - Cunha(its where GON wants him), New, Sarabia, Chiquinho
FWD - New, New, Hwang

One of the forwards needs to be a British squad player, like Adams. The main striker needs to be the one we can find that knows where the back of the net is and can play GONs high tempo game.

The five kids need to go out on loan!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kelleher looks a good buy, i expect gomes is a ran replacement

There is need to replace ran and neto let alone the number 9 demand!
We are in the **** if Gomes is Rayan replacement.....

He is a young lad who we are going to take a punt on for about 5-8m......no way first team premier league ready.....he could be in time...

I suspect he won't be what Gary is after....

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes but surely RAN is worth more than 3 players?

I think 2 can be included in a deal 1 would have to be loan if all from Man City. Do not be shocked to see us deal with Girona again either

Sergio Gomes
Issa Kabore
McAtee

Would enhance us in many positions. I say Kabore because I think Semedo will be off without a new deal. Especially if JL wants him at WHU
Dovbyk or Tyshankov ?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He is a young lad who we are going to take a punt on for about 5-8m......no way first team premier league ready.....he could be in time...

Realise that we wont be buy 40m ready made players it will be 5 to 20m simialr to gomes who will be come the next 40

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't know about you, but if we go into next season with this lot as serious back-up to the core premier league players (less Neto & RAN) we are in serious trouble

Bentley
Lembiska
Gonzales
Chirewa
Fraser
Chiwome

Bentley is a mid table championship player, he is great motivator around the training ground so fair play to him - but as a regular premier league player he is suspect. Personally, I don't see Lembiska as a premier league player. He is ok going forward but poor defensively. Gonzales is lively with some pace and talent, but needs a load to bulk up - a million miles from a premier league player if you ask me. Both Fraser and Chiwome have potential to develop but they need games, both should do a season in the championship or league one if they can get 40 games in - we might know if we have a potential premier league player or not.

I was actually impressed with Chirewa the other night, he has some skills and appears to be an intelligent player, but again like many of the kids we have, he looks short on real pace.

The first thing we should do is try and pick up a few bargains from the relegated sides, we need to look past their names and the clubs they play for and look at their statistics and performance. When you look at the lack of depth we have picking off some of these players would make a huge difference to the depth of the squad.

Alfie Doughty, 24, left sided midfield would not fetch a fortune and he has been terrific this season
Sander Berge, 26, defensive midfielder has performed very well in a poor side
Joshua Cullen, 28, Central midfielder, has far better stats than some really big names
Ross Barkley, 30, Playing the best football for a very long time.
Carlton Morris, 28, Scored 9 goals and 4 assists. He may cost a good sum as he has proven himself, but I would love to see Cunha playing off him.
Anthony Elanga, 21, Would cost a pretty penny but if Forest went down he would be an excellent long term buy.
Ben Brereton Díaz, 25, I am amazed he is still only 25. We know he can score goals and if he didn't work there would always be a market for him in the championship. May be not the right type of striker to play with Cunha?

I know we are not going to be buying all of these, but a couple of those types of buys would really strengthen the squad.

Doughty, Morris, and Elanga would be great for a start - what do we think, £25m for Elanga, £20m for Morris, and £5m for Doughty - so basically one Neto or one RAN.

I don't actually think that would be a bad deal at those prices.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think direct first team replacements for Neto and Ait-Nouri, plus a number 9 would be priorities.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've often wondered how this would work from a PSR perspective. There must be a reason it's not done as I can't ever remember an actual player swap happening. It's normally just two discrete deals at reciprocal prices but even that is really rare.

I'm not sure how each player would be valued other than their book value but if you're letting a player go who has a book value of, say £10m and you're signing two players with a book value of £5m you'd have a loss of £5m but your amortisation cost would be really low.

If you sold your player for £60m (£50m profit) and bought those two players for a combined £60m on 5-year contracts it would cost you £12m per year but you'd have a £38m profit on player trading for that year.

Maybe that's why.
Transfer value is scrutinised to be “fair value” for both sides I believe. I think Juventus and Barcelona got in trouble for inflating the price of Pjanic and Arthur in a “swap deal”.

Interesting read on it:

Reactions: Ian

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Realise that we wont be buy 40m ready made players it will be 5 to 20m simialr to gomes who will be come the next 40
We probably won't.....but we don't nw yet what type of budget we will have as we will have to see what fees we get for the couple of big players we sell.....

Rodrigo Gomes won't be seen as a guaranteed first teamer I reckon...that's not dishing him , just being realistic....we may even fund it by selling a chiquhinho or even the Cundle and co,...he will be very much seen as the up and coming development side... surely........

If we lose say Sa Neto Rayan, I think Gary will want 5/6 first teamers to bulk the squad up a bit ... might be a couple 20/25m....a couple 8/12m...and a good free transfer or 2.......so we end up with a bigger squad...might not get us a better starting 11 but more depth maybe able to see us get through the season a bit better without an all or nothing approach with thar the small squad has given us this season ...

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but if we go into next season with this lot as serious back-up to the core premier league players (less Neto & RAN) we are in serious trouble

Bentley
Lembiska
Gonzales
Chirewa
Fraser
Chiwome

Bentley is a mid table championship player, he is great motivator around the training ground so fair play to him - but as a regular premier league player he is suspect. Personally, I don't see Lembiska as a premier league player. He is ok going forward but poor defensively. Gonzales is lively with some pace and talent, but needs a load to bulk up - a million miles from a premier league player if you ask me. Both Fraser and Chiwome have potential to develop but they need games, both should do a season in the championship or league one if they can get 40 games in - we might know if we have a potential premier league player or not.

I was actually impressed with Chirewa the other night, he has some skills and appears to be an intelligent player, but again like many of the kids we have, he looks short on real pace.

The first thing we should do is try and pick up a few bargains from the relegated sides, we need to look past their names and the clubs they play for and look at their statistics and performance. When you look at the lack of depth we have picking off some of these players would make a huge difference to the depth of the squad.

Alfie Doughty, 24, left sided midfield would not fetch a fortune and he has been terrific this season
Sander Berge, 26, defensive midfielder has performed very well in a poor side
Joshua Cullen, 28, Central midfielder, has far better stats than some really big names
Ross Barkley, 30, Playing the best football for a very long time.
Carlton Morris, 28, Scored 9 goals and 4 assists. He may cost a good sum as he has proven himself, but I would love to see Cunha playing off him.
Anthony Elanga, 21, Would cost a pretty penny but if Forest went down he would be an excellent long term buy.
Ben Brereton Díaz, 25, I am amazed he is still only 25. We know he can score goals and if he didn't work there would always be a market for him in the championship. May be not the right type of striker to play with Cunha?

I know we are not going to be buying all of these, but a couple of those types of buys would really strengthen the squad.

Doughty, Morris, and Elanga would be great for a start - what do we think, £25m for Elanga, £20m for Morris, and £5m for Doughty - so basically one Neto or one RAN.

I don't actually think that would be a bad deal at those prices.
Doughty & Berge would be good additions but we need quality over quantity to improve the squad so to speak

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell Jose Sa and Neto alongside all the loaneess bar mosquera.. However, could be a mistake if Cundle and hoever are about to burst through as top championship players. Chiquinho I am 50/50 about.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Sell Jose Sa and Neto alongside all the loaneess bar mosquera.. However, could be a mistake if Cundle and hoever are about to burst through as top championship players. Chiquinho I am 50/50 about.
Think you have to sell Cundle, Hoever and Hodge, none of them will make the grade at Wolves and end up as perpetual loanees like Ryan Giles. We have to start being ruthless with these type of players I'm afraid.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you have to sell Cundle, Hoever and Hodge, none of them will make the grade at Wolves and end up as perpetual loanees like Ryan Giles. We have to start being ruthless with these type of players I'm afraid.
agree, protect ourselves with a sell on clause and move them on.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree....we need to be more ruthless ...but obviously you will need offers first ..

It also where I stand with Chiquhinho....yes I get we are short , I get his time here has been very unfortunate with his injury but if we get a reasonable offer because off his form in Portugal I would seriously consider it ...all things considered......

For me any loan player we get a offer for must be considered... including Yerson if it's a decent offer..

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the loan market maybe our friend again we’ve not used it as much recently
Our academy is now just a fund raising business it’s not really producing home grown talent, it brushes up foreign talent occasionally but cundle and hodge will maybe generate £5m which will justify the academy for another couple of seasons

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam keen was raving about Joe hodge on one of the podcasts saying he rated him far higher than Cundle. Am I missing something?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do we need to be ruthless with the likes of Cundle/Hodge/Hoever?

I can't see us getting much for any of them now. What's the problem with waiting another year and hoping they finally click out on loan?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think sell kilman, keep Neto

If we get 90m for ran and kilman that’s sufficient for:

- Che Adams
- 20-25m striker - I would look at the German league or South America
- 20-25m CB
- 10m CB
- 10m left back
- 10m wide forward

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam keen was raving about Joe hodge on one of the podcasts saying he rated him far higher than Cundle. Am I missing something?
He's had quite a weird obsession with Hodge since he broke into the team.

He would also have exclusives about him and get a lot of interviews.

I don't know if it's just a case of bigging up a player who is good to him as a journalist, or if he's a family friend or something.

I'm not surprised to see Hodge isn't in the QPR team and I would be massively surprised if he made it as a Premier League player, but good luck to him.

Last edited:

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd keep Hoever, decent enough back up for Semedo for times like the other night. At least he can run.

Got 60 odd games under his belt now under championship so in a better place than he was.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nope, Hodge is as Lg1 as it gets.

Cundle played further forward as an inside forward in the Sarabia role wouldn't be a bad option.

If Hobbs really wanted to wheel and deal:

Whittaker (£5m) - Cundle (£2.5m)
Brereton-Diaz (£15m) - Guedes (£15m)
Harwood-Belis (£8m), S. Gomes (£8m) - RAN/ Neto (£60m)
R Gomes (£8m) - Chiquinho (loan)
David Fofana (loan to buy)

I sadly think we'll sell both RAN and Neto for around £100m.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’ve watched him a couple times now and like the look of him personally.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I'd be delighted if we could get £100m+ for Neto and RAN combined. Neto has serious injury problems and RAN is a left back. I don't view them as irreplaceable.

Sell: Neto £50m, RAN £60m (£10m to Angers), Sa £10m (assuming Saudi want him) => £110m
Buy: Alvaro Valles (£20m), Youssef En-Nesyri (£20m), Jonathan Rowe (£20m), Rodrigo Gomes (£10m), Sergio Gomez (£10m) => £80m

Valles/Bentley
Mosquera/S.Bueno - Kilman/Dawson - Toti/S.Bueno
Semedo/R.Gomes - Gomes/Traore - Doyle/Lemina - S.Gomez/H.Bueno
Rowe/Sarabia - En-Nesyri/Hwang - Cunha/Bellegarde​

Genuinely not sure if that's too ambitious or not, I'd like to think it's reasonable if we have a couple of big sales that would generate a significant amount of profit, which is the case with Neto, and RAN if the fee is what it should be.
  • Alvaro Valles an excellent sweeper keeper with a year left on current deal
  • Youssef En-Nesyri a proven #9 with a year left on his current deal at Sevilla - also fell out with their current manager
  • Jonathan Rowe a massive talent that would fit into our dynamic front three with his pace and directness
  • Rodrigo Gomes as Semedo's heir and an upgrade on Doherty
  • Sergio Gomez as RAN's replacement, he'd suit our system a lot better than Man City's
Add in depth from likes of Chiquinho and Doc. I think that's a strong squad and I don't necessarily think its weaker without Neto/RAN. Our two most important assets are Gomes and Cunha, in my opinion. Need to do everything possible to keep them, for now.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keeper - Alvaro Valles €15m
Right back - Ben Johnson free
Centre half - Kevin Danso €20m
Left back - Sergio Gomez or Juan Miranda swap / free
Midfield - Josh Brownhill free
Midfield - Tommy Doyle 5m
Attacking midfield - Callum O’Hare free
Winger - Jonathan Rowe €30m
Forward - Che Adams free
Forward - Oli McBurnie free

If we want squad depth we need to build a squad of experience I know this ain’t the best list of players but for €75m and bigger wages and bonuses say €100m outlay we will make back easily in sales

3 forwards needed we need outlets incase of injuries

Sell

Sa €12m
Kilman 40m
Neto 65m
RAN 40m including player
Guedes 8m
Fabio 8m
Podence 5m
Mosquera 20m
João Gomes 60m
Hoever 1m

Funds itself really don’t it

Agree or disagree the squad needs beefing up regardless

Valles
Johnson Danso Dawson Toti Gomez
Lemina Doyle
Cunha Adams Rowe

Last edited:

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
I think we’ll look to move away from a back 3 and if that’s the case, an upgrade (because of age) on Dawson and what he offers would be the one that I would spend (relatively) big on, along with the number 9.

I don’t think either Kilman or Santi is that player, but alongside the right partner then either would be just fine.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I'd be delighted if we could get £100m+ for Neto and RAN combined. Neto has serious injury problems and RAN is a left back. I don't view them as irreplaceable.

Sell: Neto £50m, RAN £60m (£10m to Angers), Sa £10m (assuming Saudi want him) => £110m
Buy: Alvaro Valles (£20m), Youssef En-Nesyri (£20m), Jonathan Rowe (£20m), Rodrigo Gomes (£10m), Sergio Gomez (£10m) => £80m

Valles/Bentley
Mosquera/S.Bueno - Kilman/Dawson - Toti/S.Bueno
Semedo/R.Gomes - Gomes/Traore - Doyle/Lemina - S.Gomez/H.Bueno
Rowe/Sarabia - En-Nesyri/Hwang - Cunha/Bellegarde​

Genuinely not sure if that's too ambitious or not, I'd like to think it's reasonable if we have a couple of big sales that would generate a significant amount of profit, which is the case with Neto, and RAN if the fee is what it should be.
  • Alvaro Valles an excellent sweeper keeper with a year left on current deal
  • Youssef En-Nesyri a proven #9 with a year left on his current deal at Sevilla - also fell out with their current manager
  • Jonathan Rowe a massive talent that would fit into our dynamic front three with his pace and directness
  • Rodrigo Gomes as Semedo's heir and an upgrade on Doherty
  • Sergio Gomez as RAN's replacement, he'd suit our system a lot better than Man City's
Add in depth from likes of Chiquinho and Doc. I think that's a strong squad and I don't necessarily think its weaker without Neto/RAN. Our two most important assets are Gomes and Cunha, in my opinion. Need to do everything possible to keep them, for now.
I like this, but if Sa goes to Saudi it will be for far more than £10m! When the rumour first came out it was £40m. I'm not sure it would be that much, but the Saudis have far too much money to burn to let them get Sa for your suggested price.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forward - Che Adams free
Forward - Boulaye Dia €10m

If we want squad depth we need to build a squad of experience I know this ain’t the best list of players but for €75m and bigger wages and bonuses say €100m outlay we will make back easily in sales

Sell

Sa €12m
Kilman 40m
Neto 65m
RAN 40m including player
Guedes 8m
Fabio 8m
Podence 5m
Mosquera 20m
João Gomes 60m
Hoever 1m

Funds itself really don’t it

Agree or disagree the squad needs beefing up regardless

Valles
Johnson Danso Dawson Toti Gomez
Lemina Brownhill
Cunha Adams Rowe
Sell 250mill worth of players to spend 75mill?

What’s the thinking? I can never tell if you’re a WUM.. do you genuinely like the look of that starting lineup.. we would be going down with 150mill of profit in the bank.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Forward - Che Adams free
Forward - Boulaye Dia €10m

Sell

Sa €12m
Kilman 40m
Neto 65m
RAN 40m including player
Guedes 8m
Fabio 8m
Podence 5m
Mosquera 20m
João Gomes 60m
Hoever 1m