Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd like a sweeper keeper that doesn't make a lot of errors, and confident coming for crosses. Is that too much to ask for?

Yeh, probably.

All I know is if we theoretically had a £50m budget in the summer, I'd want most of that spent on striker(s)!

Arsenal would want a fortune for Ramsdale to recoup most of the £30m they paid for him and I've always had my doubts about him... he doesn't have much of a market either as I don't think many other Premier League clubs will be in need of a keeper this summer, unless Chelsea want him.
the man city no2 is great with his feet, i wonder what he would cost

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ohare I really like two Coventry fans at work think he will be gone next year

hamer isn't a bad play came from cov to su

I expect suitors for a couple

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noticed that according to BBC Gossip Liverpuddle and Arsenole alongside Citeh are being linked with RAN, yes he will be sold on but the next window will not be the time to sell him unless one of those cough up £60 million and if RAN continues his very good form in a position other than LWB then even £60 million will be to low. Whilst I realise these sites are primarily click bait just the fact that RAN is being mentioned in the same breath as the elite Teams just shows what a diamond we have on our hands.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im resigned to the fact we will lose Neto and Rayan.....and cash in on Jose Sa......let's just hope Mendes can get us a good budget to play whilst whilst hopefully securing us a new keeper as part of any deal with Liverpool or Arsenal.....

Come out of it with 100m plus either Keller or Ramsdale....

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ohare I really like two Coventry fans at work think he will be gone next year

hamer isn't a bad play came from cov to su

I expect suitors for a couple
O’Hare is out of contract said he wants to leave. He would be a good signing

I've been told to expect at least two major sales and the club will make a significant profit from transfers again...
Yes Neto & RAN have clubs lined up apparently. We will have cash available the team will be strengthened trust Hobbsy

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You would expect if Ruben Amorim gets the Liverpool job, Jorge will be pushing Neto to Liverpool.....I fancy Rayan going City.....

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need someone in Mateta's mould as an option up top to be honest, get the likes of Cunha and others moving around them and we'll be cooking.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
lm still expecting Neto to go then imagine it will be either RAN or Max. I don't think anyone will offer enough for Cunha, he cost what 44m? We'd want at least 70m to make it worthwhile.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Excellent. Net profit of +£100M and 14 year olds starting rather than just on the bench.
Not necessarily. I live in hope. Being simplistic, if you make £100m in sales then "spend" £100m on players on, say, 4-year contracts that adds £25m to your P&L therefore for that year you've made a £75m profit on player trading.

You can make profit on player trading and still spend money on transfer fees if you're sensible.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not Hobbsy I’m worried about, it’s Jeffy. No point having money and a plan if we can’t spend it.
Jeff has given the green light on what we sell is what we have plus we already have cash available just we couldn’t spend it in January if you believe that tag line

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No no no 1000X no.
We need someone more reliable than Sa not less. He's an absolute helmet. Don't like the cut of his jib at all. Plus west brom connection

He is a better keeper than Sa.

His issue this season is that like every keeper playing second fiddle, being dropped in for one game is a brutal and unfair lens to be seen through as reactions and match sharpness for keepers is crucial and he isn’t getting that. So he will make or mistakes or let in shots that he would save if “match fit”

ask any arsenal fan about his two seasons as first choice and I bet not many think he wasn’t a key performer in their last title chase.

Many didn’t want him replaced by Raya.

He is younger than Sa and has equal number of caps for his country and that is one who are much better than Portugal in recent years.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im resigned to the fact we will lose Neto and Rayan.....and cash in on Jose Sa......let's just hope Mendes can get us a good budget to play whilst whilst hopefully securing us a new keeper as part of any deal with Liverpool or Arsenal.....

Come out of it with 100m plus either Keller or Ramsdale....

Cash plus either keeper would be incredible!!!!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would Simms be a good option?
What would he cost?

I think he would be! Squad game now more than ever and with games durations going to nearly 100 minutes with added time, we need the strength in depth and I bet he would take it.

But a newly promoted team would be looking at offering a main role I would imagine

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff has given the green light on what we sell is what we have plus we already have cash available just we couldn’t spend it in January if you believe that tag line

I hope that’s true, but I won’t get my hopes up too high.

We need a January 2023-type window. A good amount of experience, some leaders and, most importantly, more bodies.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Question; if we were to do a deal with City for RAN where it was, for example, RAN in exchange for McAtee, Harwood-Bellis and Sergio Gomes, would that get around us having to give Angers any cash?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Question; if we were to do a deal with City for RAN where it was, for example, RAN in exchange for McAtee, Harwood-Bellis and Sergio Gomes, would that get around us having to give Angers any cash?
You mean if there was no money involved? Just player trade
Interesting question

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but surely RAN is worth more than 3 players?

I think 2 can be included in a deal 1 would have to be loan if all from Man City. Do not be shocked to see us deal with Girona again either

Sergio Gomez
Issa Kabore
McAtee

Would enhance us in many positions. I say Kabore because I think Semedo will be off without a new deal. Especially if JL wants him at WHU

Last edited:

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean if there was no money involved? Just player trade
Interesting question
Yeah exactly, just straight up player trading. I have no idea if we’d have to pay the equivalent value or not.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but surely RAN is worth more than 3 players?

I think 2 can be included in a deal 1 would have to be loan if all from Man City. Do not be shocked to see us deal with Girona again either

Sergio Gomes
Issa Kabore
McAtee

Would enhance us in many positions. I say Kabore because I think Semedo will be off without a new deal. Especially if JL wants him at WHU
I dunno mate, they sold James Trafford for £15m so it’s reasonable to assume they’d want at least that for the two English lads.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah exactly, just straight up player trading. I have no idea if we’d have to pay the equivalent value or not.
I've often wondered how this would work from a PSR perspective. There must be a reason it's not done as I can't ever remember an actual player swap happening. It's normally just two discrete deals at reciprocal prices but even that is really rare.

I'm not sure how each player would be valued other than their book value but if you're letting a player go who has a book value of, say £10m and you're signing two players with a book value of £5m you'd have a loss of £5m but your amortisation cost would be really low.

If you sold your player for £60m (£50m profit) and bought those two players for a combined £60m on 5-year contracts it would cost you £12m per year but you'd have a £38m profit on player trading for that year.

Maybe that's why.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've often wondered how this would work from a PSR perspective. There must be a reason it's not done as I can't ever remember an actual player swap happening. It's normally just two discrete deals at reciprocal prices but even that is really rare.

I'm not sure how each player would be valued other than their book value but if you're letting a player go who has a book value of, say £10m and you're signing two players with a book value of £5m you'd have a loss of £5m but your amortisation cost would be really low.

If you sold your player for £60m (£50m profit) and bought those two players for a combined £60m on 5-year contracts it would cost you £12m per year but you'd have a £38m profit on player trading for that year.

Maybe that's why.
I think you’re right we’d rather money in the bank but I’d expect us to do more trading with city and their satellite clubs for sure. If we are involved in their circle that’s a good thing for us progressing even if we move our better players to them.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I think they're dealt with as separate transactions but with values agreed as part of an overarching deal. Think Nunes and Doyle for example.

Wouldn't it be a case of incoming cash banked immediately against the purchased player and outgoing amortised. So say we sold Ait-Nouri to City and got £60m that would go straight on the books for us, we then bought three City players for £60m on five year contracts we've only spent £12m. Would also work the other way around for City.

Back
Top Bottom