Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You would think Jarrad Branthwaite would be top of United's shopping list.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly....that's where I'm coming from with Max....it isn't about Max , it's this deluded scernerio where everybody is happy to stay, when in reality the bloke who has kicked the most minutes for us in our small squad is Max who will be the one who is happy.....

It might not be a scernerio where is only Max we have to sell.....

I do still think for the money we are looking at for Max, i would currently back Hobbs to have somebody lined up equal to him or at least a player with the capability so develop past the level Max is at. I've said it before, its all about the fee. I think 40 million and we sell. My gut feeling is though, nobody is going to pay us the kind of fee we want for him because he's just isnt very effective in a back 4, and not many teams who would afford to pay big play with a back 3 to get the best out of him.

Got to admit though, i hope United are dumb enough to pay 50 million for him personally, but if they offer 30 million and we stick to playing with a back 3, i wouldnt sell.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do still think for the money we are looking at for Max, i would currently back Hobbs to have somebody lined up equal to him or at least a player with the capability so develop past the level Max is at. I've said it before, its all about the fee. I think 40 million and we sell. My gut feeling is though, nobody is going to pay us the kind of fee we want for him because he's just isnt very effective in a back 4, and not many teams who would afford to pay big play with a back 3 to get the best out of him.

Got to admit though, i hope United are dumb enough to pay 50 million for him personally, but if they offer 30 million and we stick to playing with a back 3, i wouldnt sell.
I'm hoping for a fairly quiet summer...

Sell podence , Guedes, Fabio and anybody else we have out on loan bar Yerson......buy a forward for about 20m, being another forward in on a free transfer.....Spend 10/12m on a keeper we think maybe number 1 in 12 months or so........maybe another cheap player somewhere..

Can't take another summer like the last one....think everybody needs to calm down.....them losing it with all this FFP, sell to buy ****e...we can generate enough funds that we need....

If we have to sell and replace someone I hope it's Neto..

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be a gamble in defence....relying on a ageing Dawson, not very good Santiago Bueno, a untried Yerson and a kid from Belgium.....it's the premier league we are in...

I get people sentiment but Kilman is our main man to a point at the back... especially in terms of minutes...
Have you seen the goals we’ve conceded lately?

Reactions: Ian

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Max made sense last summer for FFP.....but surely we ain't in such a deep whole this summer...if it's about strengthening surely we have other areas to raise funds for strengthening before Max...

If fosun want pure profit sell Hugo Bueno and a few kids who ain't contributing...
is there a market?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have you seen the goals we’ve conceded lately?
Yes.....but is that down to the tactics.....wem all over the shop....what the defence was against Burnley is anybody guess......a back 4 with hugo Bueno....taking Toti off against Coventry for Doherty to go left wing was bizarre...

In his search for goals O'Neil has exposed the defence a bit more.....so it isn't just down to current personnel... lopetugui showed with the same blokes we could keep clean sheets....wasn't it 7 on the bounce at home...

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why such a fallout by some?

We need to raise funds?

Who will be most missed?

Ait nouri - one of the best left backs in the league. Rarely beaten one on one. Good going forward and improving in the final third

Neto - probably not going to get a fair price after injuries, and terrorizes opposition defences now.

Cunha - who runs the show - and who we are unlikely to make huge profit on given his fee.

Kilman would be huge for FFP. He is replaceable, and I think we all know his weaknesses of being a good leader as a cb and playing out from the back. United want him as he’s a solid defender, but we watch him week in week out and he really isn’t what we need at CB. We need pace, aggression, confidence, and communiction. I really think we will be a better team without him

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s our model now, sell to buy.
we ain’t spending £40m on any player for a good while though!!

I wouldn’t say better player but i think he’s replaceable, and because United are stoopid

There’s always a middle ground that this place forgets when we aren’t winning every week. He’s a good player, but hes
not on the premium list for me like the RAN, Gomes, Cunha and Neto pile.
I view him like Hwang and Semedo, for the right inflated price, available,
Won’t happen but Maguire plus cash for Kilman would be a great bit of business

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why such a fallout by some?

We need to raise funds?

Who will be most missed?

Ait nouri - one of the best left backs in the league. Rarely beaten one on one. Good going forward and improving in the final third

Neto - probably not going to get a fair price after injuries, and terrorizes opposition defences now.

Cunha - who runs the show - and who we are unlikely to make huge profit on given his fee.

Kilman would be huge for FFP. He is replaceable, and I think we all know his weaknesses of being a good leader as a cb and playing out from the back. United want him as he’s a solid defender, but we watch him week in week out and he really isn’t what we need at CB. We need pace, aggression, confidence, and communiction. I really think we will be a better team without him

Can we please just sell the ones we already don’t want who are currently out on loan? I wouldn’t be in a rush to sell any of our senior squad unless we received silly money offers.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Can we please just sell the ones we already don’t want who are currently out on loan? I wouldn’t be in a rush to sell any of our senior squad unless we received silly money offers.
I think we’ll do that too, but Guedes, Fabio and Podence alone won’t bring in much more than £25m I don’t think.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a fairly quiet summer...

Sell podence , Guedes, Fabio and anybody else we have out on loan bar Yerson......buy a forward for about 20m, being another forward in on a free transfer.....Spend 10/12m on a keeper we think maybe number 1 in 12 months or so........maybe another cheap player somewhere..

Can't take another summer like the last one....think everybody needs to calm down.....them losing it with all this FFP, sell to buy ****e...we can generate enough funds that we need....

If we have to sell and replace someone I hope it's Neto..

I'm thinking wont be so quiet.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we’ll do that too, but Guedes, Fabio and Podence alone won’t bring in much more than £25m I don’t think.

That is my estimate as well. When I read some of the prices mentioned on here that clubs are going to pay for our fringe players I can only assume the people suggesting these inflated fees are Estate Agents in their daily life due to their overestimation of the value :):):)

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm thinking wont be so quiet.
It won't be so quiet the summer on here granted....in the space of a week we have lost our manager and sold our captain to Man Utd and blown all the money we have made on wages for McGuire..

It's only a Thursday and in April .....

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The thing is we start from Neto will go, because Neto will want to go. He's a great player and it might be unfair, but some of his body language on the field is a bit 'it's all about me'. I know he must have been gutted when he felt his hamstring, but just walking off the pitch sort of summed his attitude up. So if we can get him right for the Summer, he'll go, we'll hopefully get £50m+ and then selling anyone else will be a footballing decision, not a commercial one (in so much as those are different things!)

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None us off can be sure what will happen in the summer, you are right...

I just don't get this sell , sell everybody mantra that is peddled by a few constantly on here....does me nut in...kilman is the new scapegoat largely at the back as they struggle to have a go at Semedo...

Yes granted we will need to sell somebody but as I say it doesn't mean we keep a Rayan , João by selling Max.....they maybe become disallusioned a bit with it...Kilman isn't anymore easily replaced than anybody and will be just as easy to get wrong....
Are people saying sell everybody? Or are they just acknowledging we need to sell somebody in order to be able to invest and bolster/develop this squad.

Neto seems likely, but I would expect at least another personally, and in which case I think lots of people would rather a 27 year old Max for pure profit at the top end of his value, than say Gomes or RAN? We may get no choice though obvs depending on offers?

IMV Kilman is a good player, but quite a lot of the criticism he gets is perfectly valid I’d have said personally? The stuff about getting replacements right/wrong also applies to any player. Replacing any of our top players with a £10-15 million players will always carry risk, but its our model. Some we will get right, some we won’t. At least at CB we have a very promising player returning from a loan.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are people saying sell everybody? Or are they just acknowledging we need to sell somebody in order to be able to invest and bolster/develop this squad.

Neto seems likely, but I would expect at least another personally, and in which case I think lots of people would rather a 27 year old Max for pure profit at the top end of his value, than say Gomes or RAN? We may get no choice though obvs depending on offers?

IMV Kilman is a good player, but quite a lot of the criticism he gets is perfectly valid I’d have said personally? The stuff about getting replacements right/wrong also applies to any player. Replacing any of our top players with a £10-15 million players will always carry risk, but its our model. Some we will get right, some we won’t. At least at CB we have a very promising player returning from a loan.
Got no problem with that....but people definitely jump on Max cause they think he is rubbish as such ....he has become the new scapegoat as such defensively taking over from SA and Semedo..

I get all of what people are saying FFP this, that and the other....but my concern is the team....it's easy to get it wrong in defence and pay more consequences that's all....we only have to look at Collins to see that....you might get away with getting it wrong with a winger say...

We will all have to wait and see...

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
what are those currently?
Guedes was £30m on 5 years in 2022, so this Summer £18m.

Podence was £18m on 5 years in 2020, so he's down to £3.6m.

Fabio is a bit more complicated I think because he extended his contract, but probably around £10m.

So I'd say even even this Summer we'll make a loss on Guedes and maybe manage to get the book price for the other two. We'll be able to take the (smaller) financial hit on the books now, so they'll probably all go on permanent transfers. Literally couldn't afford to sell them last year.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There might be some truth in Kilman to Man Utd......wasn't Newcastle linked last summer and maybe it Dan Ashworth....

My concern is Man Utd have already said that won't be chucking money about like confetti and they might see us , as easy pickings to get a player on the cheap ...it may not be for the 40/50m people are hoping for....

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There might be some truth in Kilman to Man Utd......wasn't Newcastle linked last summer and maybe it Dan Ashworth....

My concern is Man Utd have already said that won't be chucking money about like confetti and they might see us , as easy pickings to get a player on the cheap ...it may not be for the 40/50m people are hoping for....
Has to be around that figure or dont sell
Newcastle ive heard are interested to so a nice bidding war will do for me
He is replaceable,dont we have an interest in the Brazil CB Bruno?
Theres plenty young CBs out there for around the £20/25mil bracket i would think

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to be around that figure or dont sell
Newcastle ive heard are interested to so a nice bidding war will do for me
He is replaceable,dont we have an interest in the Brazil CB Bruno?
Theres plenty young CBs out there for around the £20/25mil bracket i would think
Yes there is....not 100% against it but last season attempts at changing the centre back position is still a bit fresh in my mind.....we signed Collins for 20m and nearly ended up in the fizzy pop league...as I said get it wrong at the back and it has big consequences...

Dawson is ageing..Toti is ok...Santi Bueno is iffy and Yerson is untied.....Not so sure removing the fit , steady one is the answer...

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I suspect that it wouldn’t take 40m+ to tempt Wolves to sell him given that he’s 100% profit now. I think that if a club offered 30m+ as a straight fee then he’d be gone. Likely would be sufficient to fund two new CB’s. Wouldn’t be my preference, just my view on what would happen with that level of offer.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes was £30m on 5 years in 2022, so this Summer £18m.

Podence was £18m on 5 years in 2020, so he's down to £3.6m.

Fabio is a bit more complicated I think because he extended his contract, but probably around £10m.

So I'd say even even this Summer we'll make a loss on Guedes and maybe manage to get the book price for the other two. We'll be able to take the (smaller) financial hit on the books now, so they'll probably all go on permanent transfers. Literally couldn't afford to sell them last year.
thank you

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Selling Kilman to Man United for less than the £35m you claim you rejected from Napoli last season would be an interesting one...
Highly unlikely let’s be realistic. It would make us look stupid

Don’t be surprised if things go to the end of the window again though. Sales and purchases.

We will get some silly low ball offers to start with as always

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It cannot go to the end of the window

A full squad need a pre season with GON
Tell that to Hobbs and the clan.

We have to sell to buy with our new financial model of self sufficiency. Mostly we hang around the end of the window for cheaper deals.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The low ball offer game will be played by most clubs with there FFP figures in tact right up until the end of June...that will be a big feature this summer, especially with deals between premier league clubs..

The sharks will be circling around some clubs....

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s been a few reasonably well connected and reliable Mixers that have already said GON will be backed in the summer and let’s hope that is the case. However, it’s inevitable that one or two of our ‘stars’ will go to support that The players out on loan (Guedes, Podence, Silva) really aren’t going to bring in much revenue; and with amortisation costs we’ll probably make nothing on them

The transfer market in the summer is going to be a real game of chess. There will be some Premier clubs that desperately need to offload players before the end of the PSR reporting period - if you believe the experts Chelsea and Villa firmly fall into this bracket along with Forest and Everton if they even survive. And trying to sell when the window opens bizarrely at the start of Euro ‘24 is going to be really tough. It’s going to be a very interesting summer of transfers!

Back
Top Bottom