Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Someone mentioned Fofana as a.striker to go for in the summer. Please tell.me its a different one and not the chelsea loanee to Leicester? That guy looked like an absolute donkey the last match I seen him play.
You mean the centre back that moved from Leicester to Chelsea for £50m and is injured most of the time.

I mean the Chelsea lad on loan to Burnley who has looked very good in his brief spell there.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i wonder if a chunk of Netos sale could be based on appearances - maybe 40-45m say as a base (i know it seems low but hear me out) and then 15m split say between certain appearances hit due to his injury record - what do people think?
If I were the buying club this is what I would want. I guess the final fee and fee structure will depend on the level of interest from other clubs and how badly they want him.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have gone from thinking that Adam’s wouldn’t work here to thinking that on a free he is EXACTLY the kind of signing we should be making.

It’s all upside. If it works great. If not then sell him. We’re not gonna lose money on him.

For those (still) doubting this would you rather have Adams or Lemina up front?

We need decent cover all over the team otherwise we’ll just end up with good players out of position doing a job they as best they can but not able to do and results will follow

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All keepers make saves because the defence didn’t stop the attack. That’s literally why they are there.
Yeah but it’s Sa so you have to criticise it. See Silva for any goal he scores and any performance by Nelson. We would have a great 5 a side team called scapegoat United.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doing a quick Google it looks like he's on 30/32k per week. Something in that range should be permissable for a free, experienced, home grown striker.
He’ll be leaving Saints on a free so he’ll be expecting a good wage rise and bumper signing on fee. Free agent forwards are a premium regardless how good they are.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’ll be leaving Saints on a free so he’ll be expecting a good wage rise and bumper signing on fee. Free agent forwards are a premium regardless how good they are.
Agreed, it wouldn't be completely free to us, but surely he's only going to get a £1/2m signing on bonus and if we bumped that to £40/45k per week its still not a bad deal for us.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, it wouldn't be completely free to us, but surely he's only going to get a £1/2m signing on bonus and if we bumped that to £40/45k per week its still not a bad deal for us.
Is that half a million or £1-2 million? I think he’d expect £2 million. Wages sound about right. Him and his agent are in the box seat with it really. Lots of clubs will be selling in the summer and despite him being fairly average most teams in the bottom half plus the promoted teams will hold an interest I’m sure.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that half a million or £1-2 million? I think he’d expect £2 million. Wages sound about right. Him and his agent are in the box seat with it really. Lots of clubs will be selling in the summer and despite him being fairly average most teams in the bottom half plus the promoted teams will hold an interest I’m sure.
Sorry one to two million was what I was saying.

Hopefully we should be called a top half team in the summer so more appealing :)

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry one to two million was what I was saying.

Hopefully we should be called a top half team in the summer so more appealing :)
Still decent figure for nothing really. Football terms today may not seem much but it’s all a bonus on the balance sheet. Could go towards painting the stadium or something

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
In principle yes but for me it would depend on wages.
Very much this . Wages are a big cog in PSR, and why so many of our top earners have been moved on.

I’m in for this deal on the face of it as a squad addition, but you’d have to think he’d want considerably more than he’s on now (which will have been a chunk given he was on a Premier League contract already) and a decent contract length seems he’s on a free in his prime. With all of this it still may be a case that there’s better value elsewhere even if there’s no transfer outlay.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very much this . Wages are a big cog in PSR, and why so many of our top earners have been moved on.

I’m in for this deal on the face of it as a squad addition, but you’d have to think he’d want considerably more than he’s on now (which will have been a chunk given he was on a Premier League contract already) and a decent contract length seems he’s on a free in his prime. With all of this it still may be a case that there’s better value elsewhere even if there’s no transfer outlay.
Precisely this. very easy to simply say that h s a free, when essentially he’s far from it.
He won’t be short of suitors at all, and may decide he wants to chase the.cash rather than the club, or want guaranteed minutes which we won’t give him.
Far more nuanced.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Precisely this. very easy to simply say that h s a free, when essentially he’s far from it.
He won’t be short of suitors at all, and may decide he wants to chase the.cash rather than the club, or want guaranteed minutes which we won’t give him.
Far more nuanced.
28 this year so probably his last chance at big payday and as you say he won’t be short of suitors.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Far more nuanced.
Good luck to him if he wants big wages. I imagine Hobbs is looking at him because he's fairly cheap and if his demands are too high we move onto the next.

Nobody is saying, 'I can't believe we've missed out on Che Adams'.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm warming to the idea of signing Adams, we just need a few decent squad fillers for situations like now where most our forwards are injured after being run in to the ground as we have no other options

I'd love him here as a squad player but you know Wolves, we'll fail to sign anyone else then get the old 'we've already signed a striker' once the window is shut.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel very excited at the possibilities that this summer offers.
We seem to have all our ducks in a row.
We know we are Premier League . We have GON . We have the ability to turnover a few players and rebalance .
Gomes Cunha Lemina are 5 star and IMO certain to stay . We have others that will make up the base of a very good team. And this can all be done without breaking the bank .

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel very excited at the possibilities that this summer offers.
We seem to have all our ducks in a row.
We know we are Premier League . We have GON . We have the ability to turnover a few players and rebalance .
Gomes Cunha Lemina are 5 star and IMO certain to stay . We have others that will make up the base of a very good team. And this can all be done without breaking the bank .

When things are looking up we should generally expect fate to step in with a ''hold my beer''.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could Adams sign a pre contract with us now? Or is that only with foreign teams?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My son lives down that part of the country and knows a few around the Southampton set up
Hes told me Adams is more than happy to come here, but wont be making any decision till closer to his contract ending
Make of that what you will
If Southampton end up getting promoted there might be a good chance he re signs for them.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My son lives down that part of the country and knows a few around the Southampton set up
Hes told me Adams is more than happy to come here, but wont be making any decision till closer to his contract ending
Make of that what you will
Could it be that by any chance even slightly that he is keeping his options open?;):D

Back
Top Bottom