Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Adams on a free would be great business. He can play anywhere across our front three. Versatile backup that frees up more funds to go for more of a marquee signing striker.
Think you might be disappointed with that. I don't think we're signing any marque players for the foreseeable. It's not the model.

Personally, I'd be happy with Adams as back up to somebody like Fofana on loan or En Nesyri for around €18m.

That seems to be the model the club and Hobbs want to work to.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you might be disappointed with that. I don't think we're signing any marque players for the foreseeable. It's not the model.

Personally, I'd be happy with Adams as back up to somebody like Fofana on loan or En Nesyri for around €18m.

Totally agree
We cant spend the £30 - £40 mil on players like we used to,not until the big losses are off the books in 2 years time
Its galling i know but its just fact
My guess is we trade for frees and a few £10-£15mil players even if we sell one of our stars,maybe a couple of loan to buys if we can to swell the numbers,not ideal but its where we,and many more are at right now

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

When I say marquee, I’m thinking within the region of £15-20m, I think that’s the new version of marquee for us now!

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adams would surprise a lot of people. Works hard, is a pressing forward and can chip in with goals as well. For a free transfer it's a no brainer for me and will offset the money we will effectively lose on Sasa

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Major upgrade if true

Wolves are monitoring Athletico Paranaense goalkeeper Bento after his impressive display during Brazil’s 1-0 win over England

A deal is likely to cost around £15m for the Brazilian international

@GraemeBailey

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
What’s amusing is him saying let me go to wolves for free has led to people to claiming we can get him for free
Like they’d let a 20m asset go for nothing, or that we still wanted him after that.
He also never said let me go to wolves for free in the way it's been quoted. He said let him go on the loan without loan fee and obligation to buy

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Major upgrade if true

Wolves are monitoring Athletico Paranaense goalkeeper Bento after his impressive display during Brazil’s 1-0 win over England

@GraemeBailey
I think Sa is under rated on here. He’s far from perfect distribution wise but he makes big saves. His performance against Cov prevented us from being utterly humiliated.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This summer gives us a chance to rebalance , refresh and flesh out this squad. And make it GON's
I am pretty sure we will have enough money to spend next year after the sale of Neto. We may sell Kilman and RAN :( leaving us a large amount to build a team within FFP for the foreseeable future. Pace at the back and a centre forward will be key.

Last edited:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Duly noted, cheers. Brought it up in a casual way before, as in "I had him on FM and he was good" sort of thing and I was OK! Of course using a player on a video game doesn't mean I am able to predict how he would do for us on real life, there are people that think that and I believe they're just a bit too immersed in the game!

Can Pacman play Centre Forward?
IDV5cjf-3825568886.gif

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Major upgrade if true

@GraemeBailey

Was it impressive? he hardly had a save to make the entire match and looked a bit dodgy on crosses I felt.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was it impressive? he hardly had a save to make the entire match and looked a bit dodgy on crosses I felt.
I suppose it all comes down to money?

If we can sell Sa for a decent profit and get this guy for less the cycle continues

The more Brazilian players the better??

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must admit that I did think at the time... '24 yr old, Brazilian international, plays in Brazil so bargain, I bet we get linked with him'.
Yes mentioned him on the day as one to watch and earlier in the thread.....for me we need to blood a decent number 2 and let him bed in for a season as such before we cast aside Sa.....nowt wrong with Sa been a decent keeper for us, and how we can judge someone to be better when we didn't nw his name a week ago ..he was making his debut for Brazil and England hardly had any touches in the box.....I hope our scouting will be a bit more in depth....

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two factors which will influence transfer policy -whether we qualify for Europe and the new ffp rules which the prem have adopted for 24/25 onwards

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two factors which will influence transfer policy -whether we qualify for Europe and the new ffp rules which the prem have adopted for 24/25 onwards
We won’t qualify for Europe. I think it’s too much to expect with the injuries and poor squad depth

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who are you expecting us to sign to fill the squad up?

I’m not a scout in our recruitment department.

Che Adams could be paying us to play, and I still wouldn’t want him. We’ve a network of scouts around the globe and they best they can conjure up is Che ****ing Adams?

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would Wolves want to sign as a squad player number 9 backup incase the worst happens and they are left with no number 9 at any point because that’s never happened before to them, has it?
Yes, he’s going to sign to be third choice striker. I’d rather we signed better than what we have and everyone goes down a slot in the pecking order.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At the moment with our Injuries Che Adams would be starting, Cunha isn't really used as an out and out striker.

I'd expect us to go for a first choice and someone of the Che Adams calibre.

Teams rarely have two first 11 strikers,

Villa have Dhuran and Morgan to cover Watkins.

Tottenham have had all sorts of dross to cover Kane.

Newcastle have an aging Wilson to cover Isaak.

Brentford have Maupay as back up for Toney.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not a scout in our recruitment department.

Che Adams could be paying us to play, and I still wouldn’t want him. We’ve a network of scouts around the globe and they best they can conjure up is Che ****ing Adams?
If Adams is seen as a starter then I might agree with you.

But you ain’t finding a better value for money back up striker than Adams who has experience in PL.

I’d rather him than risk £15m on someone from abroad or a Championship player who might not make the step up.

If the money we save on Adams goes towards a much better first choice striker then great.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Someone mentioned Fofana as a.striker to go for in the summer. Please tell.me its a different one and not the chelsea loanee to Leicester? That guy looked like an absolute donkey the last match I seen him play.

Back
Top Bottom