Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Be peeved if we blow majority of our summer budget on Nketiah. There maybe something in being part of any Neto deal. Maybe not. It's the pinch-of-salt season. It's going to be an interesting window. Of that, there is absolutely no doubt.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neto is going (and I would rather he stayed) then £60m-65m plus McAtee would be good business.
If Broja's price came down to say £20m would be tempted assuming Fulham don't sign him. But we would need another striker too imv.
I wouldn't pay a penny over £20m for Nketiah and even that is a bit steep. But hopefully we go to South America and find a couple of jewels.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course, if he came here we'd be seeing more of this:

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks edited?
Definitely, looking at it again and reading the comments. I only looked for some misses because Arsenal fans joke how awful he is at finishing.

The first video of his three goals suggests otherwise, but plenty of poor players have the occasional great game. I couldn't find any other videos of him blowing easy chances.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Just seen Neto's injury record - made only 50 appearances in three whole seasons. I very much doubt we'll get big money for him.
His injury record will 100% affect his fee. Just hoping for him and us that a team still see him worth the risk. For us he has to play everytime he is fit, this will lead to him hitting the "red zone" more often. For a bigger team with an actual squad he will play less and be rotated. This I believe will improve his injury record ten-fold

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
IMO i would think Nketiah (London born) would prefer to stay in London rather than move to the black country.
And there will probably be a few London clubs interested in him, Fulham, West Ham, Palace.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
IMO i would think Nketiah (London born) would prefer to stay in London rather than move to the black country.
And there will probably be a few London clubs interested in him, Fulham, West Ham, Palace.
Opposite of me then. Moved out of London ASAP LOL! Not in the Black Country yet but I will sort it!

Re: Nketiah though, sadly I think you may be right. I could see him at Fulham easily. Would suit them. But I do think he is absolutely worth pursuing regardless.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all part of the process letting it be known Fabio is available and for the around about fee...10m up to 15m with add ons etc...i think you may find we end up swapping, part exchanging him for another player maybe in Spain, Portugal, Germany or France...it might be 10/15m in accountancy terms but I doubt we will actually get a clean sale for that's money ....

It's to be expected though and for me will be part of another expected big exodus of players this season, especially from the loan players we have out so we can focus on a few key additions for first team squad members....the exodus last summer was only part 1....part 2 will come in the summer I reckon...but with the mantra being additions in mind...

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all part of the process letting it be known Fabio is available and for the around about fee...10m up to 15m with add ons etc...i think you may find we end up swapping, part exchanging him for another player maybe in Spain, Portugal, Germany or France...it might be 10/15m in accountancy terms but I doubt we will actually get a clean sale for that's money ....

It's to be expected though and for me will be part of another expected big exodus of players this season, especially from the loan players we have out so we can focus on a few key additions for first team squad members....the exodus last summer was only part 1....part 2 will come in the summer I reckon...but with the mantra being additions in mind...

Swap him with Braga for Rodrigo Gomes (or technically pay Braga the same amount for Gomes that they pay us for Silva, as it makes the accounts look better!).

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think you can get 10m with addons from Fabio even from teams like ajax, belgian leagues etc

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we plan to start being pretty much self sustaining; then it won’t matter much if we lose book value money on the likes of silva and Guedes. It might be of more importance to us to bring in the real terms money in order to reinvest

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you can get 10m with addons from Fabio even from teams like ajax, belgian leagues etc
Yes possibly.....it's still a decent fee for teams in the continent.....they might be prepared yes but may want a look first...

For me we should be accounting English home-grown players doing well abroad and offering cash plus part exchange...

One example Angel Gomes at Lillie, Marcus Edwards at Sporting...and doing the same with any players we are interested...do you want Fabio..can we use him as a makeweight in a deal for our advantage, so we can bring a fee down..

Last edited:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so you’re basing £15m on Saudi tax….

you’re only as good as your last game or season. Look at Lingard.
He is doing alright at Villareal. Coventry had to pay what 8m for Simms, when he hadn't really done anything of note anywhere.
He's certainly worth more than that(although nowhere where near the amount we paid)

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is doing alright at Villareal. Coventry had to pay what 8m for Simms, when he hadn't really done anything of note anywhere.
He's certainly worth more than that(although nowhere where near the amount we paid)
He’s on a small fortune with us which will negatively impact any value, plus Spanish and Portuguese clubs won’t have that much to spend.
Also, i believe from @Skrilla that Guedes costs us money on FFP unless we get an inflated fee.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s on a small fortune with us which will negatively impact any value, plus Spanish and Portuguese clubs won’t have that much to spend.
Also, i believe from @Skrilla that Guedes costs us money on FFP unless we get an inflated fee.

Think we signed him for £28m in summer 2022 on a 5 year contract.

That's £5.6m per year amortisation.

So does that mean we'd need to get a fee of at least £16.8m to break even from an FFP accounting perspective?!

£16.8m for him is peanuts to be honest. I'd be very disappointed with anything less.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
you’re being pathetic now.
Where have I said we won’t get a fee? You really need to stop making stuff up, turn off football manager and get in the real world.
Lmao

Never played it dude! Sure, you said he’s not going to be worth much. Sounds like an albion fan to me. You surely want the best figures for your club. Comedy gold post this one

Back
Top Bottom