Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dia, Nketiah & Nelsson. Would be some solid business for the Neto replacements but I’d rather deal with Man City cash plus Kabore & McAtee with Dia on free covers more positions and money. That arsenal don’t have

Interesting times ahead.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nketiah would be a terrible bit of business…….

He has been available for a very long time to potential suitors, like holding was………

He is a player who people think is good because he is at Arsenal.

Hwang is a much better finisher and accurate striker of a ball than he is and look how much stick he gets! Ask any arsenal fan about him and they will tell you he takes far too many chances to score a goal and will sit absolute sitters!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He has been available for a very long time to potential suitors, like holding was………

Hwang is a much better finisher and accurate striker of a ball than he is and look how much stick he gets! Ask any arsenal fan about him and they will tell you he takes far too many chances to score a goal and will sit absolute sitters!
Exactly he isn’t worth the 30m+ they want for him. Saying that I don’t want Broja either another waste of cash for those figures. Dia on a free no brainer

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly he isn’t worth the 30m+ they want for him. Saying that I don’t want Broja either another waste of cash for those figures. Dia on a free no brainer

Broja and Nketiah have the “big club glow”

they are both players who are not good enough to be at those clubs and I don’t think either really are £30m players if they were at a wolves, palace, West Ham and not their current clubs……

Believe me, they have tried to pimp Nketiah out for many many years to bring in a better player for less hoping to use the fact he is an arsenal Player to get more than he is actually worth for his ability.

They know they can replace him with better for less! I know that first hand from people who work there.

Reis Nelson on the other hand, is a player the staff really rate much higher than Nketiah, but the people I speak to say that he needs a change of scene to get to the levels they believe he should be at!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Broja and Nketiah have the “big club glow”

they are both players who are not good enough to be at those clubs and I don’t think either really are £30m players if they were at a wolves, palace, West Ham and not their current clubs……

Believe me, they have tried to pimp Nketiah out for many many years to bring in a better player for less hoping to use the fact he is an arsenal Player to get more than he is actually worth for his ability.

They know they can replace him with better for less! I know that first hand from people who work there.

Reis Nelson on the other hand, is a player the staff really rate much higher than Nketiah, but the people I speak to say that he needs a change of scene to get to the levels they believe he should be at!
Bang on. Nketiah is alright but like you say not good enough for Arsenal, what makes him good enough for Wolves. Missed 3 the scores 1

Nelson is okay hard to judge when players aren’t getting regular games. On the right wing he would be decent. I’d rather steer clear of arsenal rejects who would want big money. Did we not learn from O’Hara? Either come to Wolves wanting to be the star and if it doesn’t work out toys out the pram scenario. No thanks. We should be looking at better

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We talk about Neto and his fitness record.
But really, the knee cap thing was a bit of a freak injury with ,as far as I know, no long term effect. Plus a few niggly hamstring strains. It’s not like he’s Sasa!

He isnt going to get run into the ground at a man city or United because they won't need to play him week in week out his game time would be managed way better than we have done. Like all our forwards, they have broken down because they have been flogged to the point of injury because of our lack of options

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep, he’s one of those players I’ve never really rated. In fairness his style fits the bill of what we need though so I won’t be massively disappointed if we do sign him, just a little underwhelmed.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, he’s one of those players I’ve never really rated. In fairness his style fits the bill of what we need though so I won’t be massively disappointed if we do sign him, just a little underwhelmed.

For the £30m+ they would want, he isn’t a significant step up on what we have!

There is significantly better available for significantly less….. hence why every season he is available for sale and he never gets sold!

That signing for the numbers banding around would be fosun ****ing money down the drain when he is simply a worse finisher and less clinical finisher than hwang!

People don’t like hwang most days or get ****ed off at him.

Nketiah is not as good a finisher or all round team player as hwang and we got him for tens of millions less!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBC : Everton would demand £80m for their defender Jarrod Braithwaite…

Say what now…????? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
I think some clubs are living in a world where Chelsea are still going to be able to spend like idiots.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the £30m+ they would want, he isn’t a significant step up on what we have!

There is significantly better available for significantly less….. hence why every season he is available for sale and he never gets sold!

That signing for the numbers banding around would be fosun ****ing money down the drain when he is simply a worse finisher and less clinical finisher than hwang!

People don’t like hwang most days or get ****ed off at him.

Nketiah is not as good a finisher or all round team player as hwang and we got him for tens of millions less!
I’d be lying if I claimed to have watched all that much of him. His career did get off to a very promising start with England u21’s I seem to remember.
He seems to be a pacy, mobile player who naturally plays that 9 role. Having him would allow our other players to play in their more natural positions.
Him being English means you don’t get a Guedes/Mir/Cutrone type issue with him settling.
Not saying he’d be gods gift, but at a reasonable fee I think he could be a good option. It also helps that he is apparently available, so potentially a deal that could be done early and have a pre season etc.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be lying if I claimed to have watched all that much of him. His career did get off to a very promising start with England u21’s I seem to remember.
He seems to be a pacy, mobile player who naturally plays that 9 role. Having him would allow our other players to play in their more natural positions.
Him being English means you don’t get a Guedes/Mir/Cutrone type issue with him settling.
Not saying he’d be gods gift, but at a reasonable fee I think he could be a good option. It also helps that he is apparently available, so potentially a deal that could be done early and have a pre season etc.

The issue for me is the fees I know they have been demanding. But they have been wanting 40-45m for him (£35m is the fee for this summer I am hearing)

…… and he just isn’t worth that value for his abilities infront of goal.

20-25m, I think that is a good deal for him. We are a club at the level he should be at, so there is a fit.

You pay £20-25m on the “English premium” and there are elements and things you can forgive, for the fee they had been asking for I expect closer to the finished article and a major uplift on what we have and he just isn’t….. he isn’t a better player than cunha and they have been wanting near cunha money.

I don’t judge a striker by u21 football at international level as the standard is frankly so poor outside of the main nations in defensive positions…. And some cycles even their standards aren’t that good.

Fabio has an exceptional u21 record, then look at how he plays most of the time at senior level……. Then look at what people say about him

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Nketiah is what we need....and lets be honest we will probably need two options for the same outlay on fee and wages...if Nketiah got injured we would be back to square 1...

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The issue for me is the fees I know they have been demanding. But they have been wanting 40-45m for him (£35m is the fee for this summer I am hearing)

…… and he just isn’t worth that value for his abilities infront of goal.

20-25m, I think that is a good deal for him. We are a club at the level he should be at, so there is a fit.

You pay £20-25m on the “English premium” and there are elements and things you can forgive, for the fee they had been asking for I expect closer to the finished article and a major uplift on what we have and he just isn’t….. he isn’t a better player than cunha and they have been wanting near cunha money.

I don’t judge a striker by u21 football at international level as the standard is frankly so poor outside of the main nations in defensive positions…. And some cycles even their standards aren’t that good.

Fabio has an exceptional u21 record, then look at how he plays most of the time at senior level……. Then look at what people say about him
Completely agree with your valuation of him.
I don’t take too much notice what clubs initially claim is the price they want, arsenal have lost control of that by making it clear they want to sell him.
We’ve been saying we want £80m for Neto,
Nketiah plus £45m would be great business. You could view that as 80 and 35 for each player or less for both.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry, he's a typical West Ham signing.

Maybe in the past, but it's difficult to knock West Ham's recruitment recently. I think they had one of the best summer windows.

I thought James Ward Prowse was an over-priced, typical West Ham signing, but he's been magnificent for them. Kudus at around £35m and Alvarez at around £32m are amongst some of the best deals from last summer, and their overall net spend was negative.

It's only really Phillips that has been a miss so far, but I think he will come good when he finds his form and fitness.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Nketiah is what we need....and lets be home near we will probably need two options for the same outlay on fee and wages...if Nketiah got injured we would be back to square 1...

When everyone is fit, I think we only need one first choice striker. Plus direct first choice replacements for anyone who leaves.

Cunha---New Striker---Neto (or direct replacement) will be our first choice forward line.

Sarabia or Hwang might start too at times when we play a back 4, but are first reserves to come in if it's a 3.

Bellegarde next in any of the wider or attacking midfield roles.

If you carry any more players who would expect to play regularly, you open up the potential of divisions in the tight knit squad. Youth can back them all up in an injury crisis.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When everyone is fit, I think we only need one first choice striker. Plus direct first choice replacements for anyone who leaves.

Cunha---New Striker---Neto (or direct replacement) will be our first choice forward line.

Sarabia or Hwang might start too at times when we play a back 4, but are first reserves to come in if it's a 3.

If you carry any more players who would expect to play regularly, you open up the potential of divisions in the tight knit squad. Youth can back them all up in an injury crisis.
I think we need 2 personally..... don't have to spend massive on both...one first team ...one suitable back up...

Bellegarde for instance would much rather use as a midfielder for which he was brought...

We can't go with 1 striker again and hope for the best...we have done that the last few seasons...the current youth crop are not currently up to back up..

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What’s the formation City play 3-3-4

Sa
Mosquera Dawson Toti
Lemina Gomes Doyle
Cunha Nketiah Dia RAN

Just for jokes but we would end up like that leeds bielsa team still more entertaining than lage ball

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As ive said before we probably need 5/6 players
2 forwards 1 Midfielder 1 CB and a wing back possibly 2
I know we wont get them but thats what we need
If we get 3 of those ill be happy tbh

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s the formation City play 3-3-4

Sa
Mosquera Dawson Toti
Lemina Gomes Doyle
Cunha Nketiah Dia RAN

Just for jokes but we would end up like that leeds bielsa team still more entertaining than lage ball

It's the old fashioned (or new style!) WM

X---X---X
X---X
X---X
X---X---X
Could work for us with what we've already got.

Kilman---Dawson---Toti

Lemina---Gomes

Sarabia---Cunha

Neto---Hwang---Ait-Nouri
Also, when defending, Bellegarde could drop in on the right, Ait-Nouri on the left, to make it a compact 3-4-1-1.

The future?

It could be why we are looking at players like Rodrigo Gomes. Swap him for Neto in the above, and you have two wing-backs in Gomes and Ait-Nouri, who are very attacking, but can drop in either side defensively when required. No space for Semedo in that setup though unfortunately.

It would never be as attacking as City's starting setup, but works in a similar way going forward. More of a 3-4-2-1 for us. With the width coming from the wide midfielders, and Sarabia and Cunha more as attacking midfielders/number 10's, occupying in those half spaces that De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva take up for City.

Sa

Kilman---Dawson---Toti

R. Gomes---Lemina---J. Gomes---Ait-Nouri

Sarabia---Cunha

NEW CF​

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pound for pound based on transfer fee for hwang to what Arsenal want for Nketiah and returns in terms of goals, shot accuracy and all round play.

Hwang is a far better player!
Transfer fee has no bearing on ability, just value. If we were offered a direct swap of Hwang for Nketia I think most would chose the latter though personally I’d rather have someone completely different!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pound for pound based on transfer fee for hwang to what Arsenal want for Nketiah and returns in terms of goals, shot accuracy and all round play.

Hwang is a far better player!
Hwang this season has been different class when fully fit have to agree here

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I completely agree.

We are bloody unlucky to have Cunha, Hwang and Neto out injured at the same time - plus Bellegarde.

On the contrary we’re mad to have Guedes, Podence, Silva and Sasa (now returned) on loan - plus Chiquinho - a talent pool bought for approaching £100m (sellable for £40m?).

With the increased use of subs, I feel we need at least 5 first teamers in squad and we can interchange at hour mark plus 2 up and coming youngsters and 1-2 players who can flex position.

For me

Cunha - New - Sarabia

Plus Hwang, Neto replacement as first teamers.

Flex position - Bellegarde and RAN

Back-ups - Enso, mini-Lemina, Fraser/Chiwome?

Sell Guedes, Podence and Neto and w/o Sasa.

Silva and Chiquinho are less clear to me. Loan Silva again and keep Chiquinho for 6 months and review in Jan.

Gives us £60-£80m. Buy CF - £25m-£30m, winger £20m-£25m, young FB/WB - £8m.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I completely agree.

We are bloody unlucky to have Cunha, Hwang and Neto out injured at the same time - plus Bellegarde.

On the contrary we’re mad to have Guedes, Podence, Silva and Sasa (now returned) on loan - plus Chiquinho - a talent pool bought for approaching £100m (sellable for £40m?).

With the increased use of subs, I feel we need at least 5 first teamers in squad and we can interchange at hour mark plus 2 up and coming youngsters and 1-2 players who can flex position.

For me

Cunha - New - Sarabia

Plus Hwang, Neto replacement as first teamers.

Flex position - Bellegarde and RAN

Back-ups - Enso, mini-Lemina, Fraser/Chiwome?

Sell Guedes, Podence and Neto and w/o Sasa.

Silva and Chiquinho are less clear to me. Loan Silva again and keep Chiquinho for 6 months and review in Jan.

Gives us £60-£80m. Buy CF - £25m-£30m, winger £20m-£25m, young FB/WB - £8m.
Dia free
Brownhill free
Rowe 25m
Doyle 5m
Rodrigo Gomes 15m

Other names like Sergio Gomez, Kabore, McAtee all potential possibilities from Man City ?? What would city value them at each 8m if not in any Neto deal??

€45m for some major upgrades majority on Rowe off Norwich

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dia free
Brownhill free
Rowe 25m
Doyle 5m
Rodrigo Gomes 15m

Other names like Sergio Gomez, Kabore, McAtee all potential possibilities from Man City ?? What would city value them at each 8m if not in any Neto deal??

I’d be pretty happy if that was the business, given the horrors of last summer

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang this season has been different class when fully fit have to agree here

His shot accuracy had been squad leading last season too….

He was on the end of a number of excellent stops last year, that this year have gone in…..

Life of a striker lol

Fine lines hahahah

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dia free
Brownhill free
Rowe 25m
Doyle 5m
Rodrigo Gomes 15m

Throw McAtee in and I'm happy

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the old fashioned (or new style!) WM

X---X---X
X---X
X---X
X---X---X
Could work for us with what we've already got.

Kilman---Dawson---Toti

Lemina---Gomes

Sarabia---Cunha

Neto---Hwang---Ait-Nouri
Also, when defending, Bellegarde could drop in on the right, Ait-Nouri on the left, to make it a compact 3-4-1-1.

The future?

It could be why we are looking at players like Rodrigo Gomes. Swap him for Neto in the above, and you have two wing-backs in Gomes and Ait-Nouri, who are very attacking, but can drop in either side defensively when required. No space for Semedo in that setup though unfortunately.

It would never be as attacking as City's starting setup, but works in a similar way going forward. More of a 3-4-2-1 for us. With the width coming from the wide midfielders, and Sarabia and Cunha more as attacking midfielders/number 10's, occupying in those half spaces that De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva take up for City.

Sa

Kilman---Dawson---Toti

R. Gomes---Lemina---J. Gomes---Ait-Nouri

Sarabia---Cunha

NEW CF​

I am intrigued by Rodrigo Gomes, there's no smoke without fire, and we've been constantly linked with him for months now. I think he's being lined up as Semedo's long term replacement, with far better attacking output. Two attacking wingbacks would really be an interesting prospect. I feel like a team with RAN and Gomes as wingbacks would basically be a 3-2-4-1:

Sa
Kilman Mosquera Toti
Lemina J.Gomes
R.Gomes Neto Cunha RAN
New ST
It would only be a back three purely by definition, certainly a million times more expansive and attacking than we've become accustomed to in previous years!

Add in a dynamic striker that can get involved in interplay with that front four, and it'd be a lot of fun I think.

Back
Top Bottom