Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly Hobbs has said this many times it’s not me making it up. We are going to sell some people need to understand that.

Neto is 100% a wanted man. I think city will offer cash & McAtee & maybe Kabore
So we are not totally in command of the amounts we sell for. Clubs will play on the fact we need to sell, just as we will try to when looking to buy.
Neto's injury record is guaranteed to affect his value.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
B.Traore can’t get a game will he hang around? 10m minimum why would we sell for less what we paid.

Yerson nobody knows same with Semedo. Deadwood you must be giving away then. I hope we get the best prices for our players. You must hope for the same for the greater good of our club. Sell to buy philosophy

I also listed the deadwood above 30m and then went on to say about Semedo and Bouby who could also be sold. We are in a healthy position like it or not
i just don’t agree with anything you’re posting here at all. Sorry. i’ve tried.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we are not totally in command of the amounts we sell for. Clubs will play on the fact we need to sell, just as we will try to when looking to buy.
Neto's injury record is guaranteed to affect his value.
plus january indicated not much money about, which limits the potential market too. i think we are in a better position than last summer but i would never describe it as strong.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure I fully agree with that. I think we're in a position now where we don't have to sell because of what we did last summer.

Would it limit us in terms of who we can bring in? Yes, but I don't feel like this squad is a million miles off anyway. If we kept the same squad and added a forward or two in the summer I think we're still in very good shape.

Other clubs are right up against it with FFP and will literally have to sell. I don't believe we're in that position now.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure I fully agree with that. I think we're in a position now where we don't have to sell because of what we did last summer.

Would it limit us in terms of who we can bring in? Yes, but I don't feel like this squad is a million miles off anyway. If we kept the same squad and added a forward or two in the summer I think we're still in very good shape.

Other clubs are right up against it with FFP and will literally have to sell. I don't believe we're in that position now.
Okay, my point is sell if we want to significantly strengthen any areas of the squad. Not sell for FFP reasons.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay, my point is sell if we want to significantly strengthen any areas of the squad. Not sell for FFP reasons.
What areas do we need to "significantly strengthen" though? I'd be perfectly happy if we kept the same squad and added a decent striker into the mix. I'm not going to pretend to know if even that's feasible but based on rough calculations - the £46m losses carrying over from three years ago, with a drastically reduced wage bill and amortisation reduced, I would like to think it is.

I can imagine Hobbs and GON will want more of a reshuffle than that, which in that case does make selling more of a necessity, I agree.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a massive window that will show the true ambition or strategy of fosun!

If we cannot sign any player before one is sold, then significant changes are needed at board level and in the finance department.

Another window of poor investment and another annual price increase and I think fosun’s relationship with the fans will be majorly affected.

We have till this season finished lower each season since that statement was made and the quality on the pitch got progressively worse and worse.

So they have to spend money! They have surely seen now that the “small squad” mantra is crap in the modern game with how intense the sport is and the little turn around times and how many muscle injuries we have picked up in such a short time frame!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What areas do we need to "significantly strengthen" though? I'd be perfectly happy if we kept the same squad and added a decent striker into the mix. I'm not going to pretend to know if even that's feasible but based on rough calculations - the £46m losses carrying over from three years ago, with a drastically reduced wage bill and amortisation reduced, I would like to think it is.

I can imagine Hobbs and GON will want more of a reshuffle than that, which in that case does make selling more of a necessity, I agree.

Centre back and striker need significant improvement and adding of more options as we are painfully short of numbers and quality in these crucial areas

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In order to get podence to sign an extension we arranged a five million loan to buy.

But is the same loan to buy as we had for Coady and adama?

Where it means **** all and they just come back to us?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very few clubs will have a pot to **** in in Summer. We have done our hard work selling this season. I think lots of players will be touted about with few being able to buy. This in theory drives the price down. This coupled with the fact that we probably don't have a s great a need to sell as other clubs may see us being in a relatively strong bargaining position. I can't see teams taking a punt on Neto, and I think we would look to,make profits on all of our main assets.

Last edited:

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lmao we shall see what happens

If Bouby ain’t playing will he want to stay?
Will we want to lose Semedo for nothing?

Interesting times
Bouby may find himself higher up the order if people look to buy Gomes. Semedo is a guaranteed starter for us, we may well try and tie him to a longer contract and just essentially right off his initial transfer fee as it were. I expect we may see Mosquera back and Dawson played less. I would not be surprised if Gomes and RAN were the players getting most interest

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think you're both right.

It looks like we need to make a £30m trading profit through wages and transfer fees to achieve break even this year (the deadwood if you like).

Any squad strengthening will then be done through player sales.

It will be less the season after (approx £20m trading profit) unless we go on a huge buying spree which I doubt.

That gives Fosun 3 years of continued profits and their sustainable club. They can then sell the club at a very decent sum for their portfolio.

Hopefully Hobbs has built the next layer of stars to sell at that point and we're still comfortable in the PL.

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
We need 4-6 in this summer to bulk the squad up and provide competition for places. I know they sold the smaller squad as being able to offer academy players opportunity into the first team but the reality is it’s a huge jump. We cannot have 3-4 academy players filling the bench for the quarter finals of a major competition.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s if they take it
New manager is pretty happy with him, getting starts again , we will see

Reality is it's likely there will be bids or interest in

Order of highest interest

Neto
Ran
Gomes
Kilman
Semedo

I mean cunha probably will be looked at maybe hwang

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Just done my list.

Clear out in summer Podence, Guedes, and Sarabia.

Sell to generate funds, (or a bit of FFP balancing for the above) Neto £40 million

August decision time, add to squad, sell or loan: Hodge, Hoever, Bolla, Cundle, Chiquinho

Bring into the squad: Mosquera, Fabio Silva,

Bring in 2 x big mobile centre forwards, one experienced free transfer, the other for the fee of £10 to £12.5 million or loan with option.
1x experienced defensive midfield back up to Lemina. 1x wide attacker to replace Neto £10 to £12.5 million.

Replace any others who leave with like for like replacements, but at a cheaper price. Hope this works for FFP or its replacement.

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Just done my list.

Sell to generate funds, (or a bit of FFP balancing for the above) Neto £40 million

August decision time, add to squad, sell or loan: Hodge, Hoever, Bolla, Cundle, Chiquinho

Bring in 2 x big mobile centre forwards, one experienced free transfer, the other for the fee of £10 to £12.5 million or loan with option.
1x experienced defensive midfield back up to Lemina. 1x wide attacker to replace Neto £10 to £12.5 million.

Replace any others who leave with like for like replacements, but at a cheaper price. Hope this works for FFP or its replacement.
40m for Neto? Jesus…

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Just done my list.

Sarabia?!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just done my list.

Sarabia?! You’re having a laugh! He has been one of the more improved lads this season and has a huge amount of experience.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expecting Fosun to spend anything other than minimal irrespective of funds raised is pie in the sky IMHO.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance. Maybe get what we paid, so I’d rather keep.
If that was the case, completely agree. And absolutely we are better off keeping him, as I say I'm a fan of his. Really good cultured footballer. Just providing devil's advocate considering our recent financial concerns

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the club don't sign a quality central striker and a striker/ winger in the summer as an absolute minimum I really give up. And that is assuming Neto, Hwang, Sarabia and Cunha stay. If any of them go we need a third forward signing.
If Mosquera comes good we should be OK on the CB front assuming Dawson has another season in him. Semedo and Ait-Nouri must stay- H.Bueno covers Ait-Nouri, Doc probably needs upgrading. Can Lembikisa and/or Hoever step up after good seasons with Hearts and Stoke respectively? Midfield is fine, but would like Traore given more opportunities and Doyle obviously signed.
Bentley possibly upgraded.
If the right moves are made and we hold on to the crown jewels we have a very good squad that should do well underc GON.

Goodbye Silva, Guedes,Podence, Cundle, see how Chiquino goes but probably needs upgrading and more a squad player if he stays. Kaladjic, who knows, but will be out till next Christmas at least and his career in jeopardy.

I would go for Mcatee definitely perhaps look at Broja again if Fulham don't sign him. Ideally I would get anothe younger tall, pacey striker so the manager has plenty of options.

Back
Top Bottom