Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with you we are scoring more goals and that is awesome! A massive step forward and achievement for GON.

But the point I am making is when we have conceded 3 or more, they have seldom been in games where we played well.

So it isn’t like we have had them in exciting end to end fixtures
With massive respect today we will have to agree to disagree we conceded 3 today and I was on the edge of my seat. I don’t see how that game from 80 mins onwards can’t have you on the the edge of your seat. Opinions can differ but we are all gutted Wolves fans today so let’s draw a line there. Have a lovely evening.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With massive respect today we will have to agree to disagree we conceded 3 today and I was on the edge of my seat. I don’t see how that game from 80 mins onwards can’t have you on the the edge of your seat. Opinions can differ but we are all gutted Wolves fans today so let’s draw a line there. Have a lovely evening.

You too

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We concede three or more goals far too often, under Gary.

The fact we have done this against two championship teams this campaign is a significant concern we need to resolve.
Agreed. Defence has been far too porous at times this season.

We will need an experienced leader to replace Dawson if his injuries get the best of him. Having Kilman back there and expecting him to perform that role is a disaster waiting to happen. Couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery, let alone a backline in the Premier League.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mosquera is kissing the villareal badge. He will be sold.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sell kilman and Neto if we can and sign 3 forwards and a cb
I think Mosquera is the CB but don't agree with the 3 forwards. Moving RAN to RW and buying a LB and a STR will be easier and means only 2 for 2.

But buying real quality instead of half arseing it.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell the entire back line we need a new one.
I guess this is a joke?

You don’t sell the whole of the defence in the off season, you evolve it over time, more than any other part of the team this defence operates as a unit.

See e.g. Arsenal under Graham / Wenger

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey. We lose a cup qtr final 3-2 and it's utter despair, calls to sell the defence and hang the manager. Talk about over-reaction.

I think there is rightly criticism on this occasion of the manager, but i cant see too many people wanting him hung.

The defence people have a fair point about. We have looked easy to get through all year no matter what formation.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman could pull 40 or 50m
Ait-Nouri 50/60m
Neto 50m plus a player or 2 in return

Deadwood further 50m

There you have =200m pot to play with healthy P&S/FFP

Could even save 50m for the ground. Prem money massive reduction on the wages again. Prem money increasing

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Objective number one this summer should be us ensuring we never have to field a bench as weak as that one ever again. And in such an important game too. If a player or two needs to go to make this happen then so be it.

In an ideal world we hang on to Neto, Gomes and Ait Nouri, but I’d imagine Neto will be at least one to go. I’d be seriously considering cashing in on any big bids for Kilman though too personally, and then bringing in another CB (as well as integrating Mosquera). RB, CM and 2/3 forwards then needed.

Hopefully we can make a bit of cash on Podence, Guedes, Silva, Cundle and Hodge. Not sure GON particularly rates Hugo Bueno or Traore either tbqh?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Objective number one this summer should be us ensuring we never have to field a bench as weak as that one ever again. And in such an important game too. If a player or two needs to go to make this happen then so be it.

In an ideal world we hang on to Neto, Gomes and Ait Nouri, but I’d imagine Neto will be at least one to go. I’d be seriously considering cashing in on any big bids for Kilman though too personally, and then bringing in another CB (as well as integrating Mosquera). RB, CM and 2/3 forwards then needed.

Hopefully we can make a bit of cash on Podence, Guedes, Silva, Cundle and Hodge. Not sure GON particularly rates Hugo Bueno or Traore either tbqh?
It’s tempting to have knee jerk reactions to a terrible result.
I don’t think the squad is far away from being very decent and balanced.
What we need is one experienced decent CF so the likes of Fraser, Gonzales, mini Lemina etc can go out on loan. Assuming we don’t lose anyone (which if we do will also need replacing). That gives us 6 reliable forwards which is perfectly reasonable.
Having 80% of your senior forward players injured at the same time is not a scenario you are going to expect and would cause any club issues.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What we need is one experienced decent CF so the likes of Fraser, Gonzales, mini Lemina etc can go out on loan. Assuming we don’t lose anyone (which if we do will also need replacing). That gives us 6 reliable forwards which is perfectly reasonable.
Having 80% of your senior forward players injured at the same time is not a scenario you are going to expect and would cause any club issues.
Cunha Hwang Neto

I think most would have expected the latter 2 to be out at some point, then we relied on Cunha not getting injured whilst playing every match

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keeping Cunha, RAN and Gomes is paramount for me.
I think we could lose all 3 of those. Fosun as we know only look at the bottom line and I expect quite a mass clear out this summer. I am anticipating they will be replaced with much cheaper options.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman could pull 40 or 50m
Ait-Nouri 50/60m
Neto 50m plus a player or 2 in return

Deadwood further 50m

There you have =200m pot to play with healthy P&S/FFP

Could even save 50m for the ground. Prem money massive reduction on the wages again. Prem money increasing
You live in disneyland.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don’t need to have a massive sale this summer. We’ve said that we don’t really want to lose more than one big player per season. We have the core of a good team, we just need some depth in certain positions. Hopefully Neto recovers and we can get a decent fee for him.

With that money, plus anything we get for the lads out on loan we should be funding a couple of strikers, a winger to replace Neto and a centre half in addition to Yerson (not convinced by Santi or Dawson for next season personally).

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure I actually suggested anything knee jerk tbqh? We’ve played far too many games this season with absolutely nothing on the bench, not only yesterday. That absolutely needs to change if we seriously want to progress IMV.

Yes of course, but of the 80% of our forwards injured, two are players who quite regularly get injured unfortunately. We also play in a way that is very physically demanding, and so injuries are not completely unexpected? Its a long and tough season. I wasn’t suggesting we bring in a complete new XI, but we need greater depth?

We’ve been in the Prem for 5 or so years now. We simply should not be in a position where we have to put out a bench as weak and inexperienced as that for such a big game.

Last edited:

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure I actually suggested anything knee jerk tbqh? We’ve played far too many games this season with absolutely nothing on the bench, not only yesterday. That absolutely needs to change if we seriously want to progress IMV.

Yes of course, but of the 80% of our forwards injured, two are players who quite regularly get injured unfortunately. We also play in a way that is very physically demanding, and so injuries are not completely unexpected? Its a long and tough season. I wasn’t suggesting we bring in a complete new XI, but we need greater depth?
it’s a balancing act.
We do have a perfect storm currently with Hwang, Cunha, Bellegarde and Neto all out and no amount of depth would cover all four of those sadly.

we have a high quality team so would having a bigger squad potentially water this down? perhaps.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don’t need to have a massive sale this summer. We’ve said that we don’t really want to lose more than one big player per season. We have the core of a good team, we just need some depth in certain positions. Hopefully Neto recovers and we can get a decent fee for him.

With that money, plus anything we get for the lads out on loan we should be funding a couple of strikers, a winger to replace Neto and a centre half in addition to Yerson (not convinced by Santi or Dawson for next season personally).
I know i give MEW a hard time on his Fooball Manager approach, the reason i do so is because i think he sees football like a game.

Players are bought by other teams, not sold by us and simply saying £50m for our deadwood is blindly optimistic?!

as for selling players, i consider Ran, Cunha, Neto and Gomes as the crown jewels.

Below that you have Hwang, Kilman, Semedo. Sa etc

i don’t want to see us sell more than one from the top group.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it’s a balancing act.
We do have a perfect storm currently with Hwang, Cunha, Bellegarde and Neto all out and no amount of depth would cover all four of those sadly.

we have a high quality team so would having a bigger squad potentially water this down? perhaps.
I don’t think Bellagarde is actually an out and out forward, and Neto/Hwang are injured fairly regularly unfortunately. We know this? We don’t really have a 9 in the squad at all either, which GON himself indicated that he wants? I just think we need at least one more attacker coming in even if we don’t sell anyone?

Not sure GON rates Bueno or Traore either, hence them getting so few minutes, and we need to look at things like this in terms of building up a stronger squad. I’m not suggesting we simply add bodies for the sake of it, its also about replacing those who aren’t offering much, with more effective options who will.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Bellagarde is actually an out and out forward, and Neto/Hwang are injured fairly regularly unfortunately. We know this? We don’t really have a 9 in the squad at all either, which GON himself indicated that he wants? I just think we need at least one more attacker coming in even if we don’t sell anyone?

Not sure GON rates Bueno or Traore either, hence them getting so few minutes, and we need to look at things like this in terms of building up a stronger squad. I’m not suggesting we simply add bodies for the sake of it, its also about replacing those who aren’t offering much, with more effective options who will.
absolutely, which is a difficult task, but am excited to see what GON does.

We were definitely one short in January, we can’t simply buy a player in case another gets injured as it leads to bloated squads.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot will depend of outgoings but from the first team I think we will lose:

Sa
Neto
B Traore
Sarabia

I also think we will be offered big money for RAN, Gomes and Cunha so it will remain to be seen if FOSUN bite and fold.

Incomings wise I think we will sign

A top CB
Mosquera being integrated into the squad.
I believe Rodrigo Gomes will happen.
A number 9…….
Two forwards (with one who can be a 9)
A GK

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha Hwang Neto

I think most would have expected the latter 2 to be out at some point, then we relied on Cunha not getting injured whilst playing every match
Exactly this. We have rode our luck all season long. We simply can’t risk going into another season with just 3 recognised, first team forwards … when 2 of that 3 are injury prone. This needs to be addressed as priority number 1.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This summers incoming transfers will depend entirely on what other clubs will give us for our better players. This will probably mean we will have funds late in the window due to the wrangling over prices for our players. GON should be aware of areas we need to strengthen and should be already sounding out potential targets. Just keep Jeff well clear of it all.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This summers incoming transfers will depend entirely on what other clubs will give us for our better players. This will probably mean we will have funds late in the window due to the wrangling over prices for our players. GON should be aware of areas we need to strengthen and should be already sounding out potential targets. Just keep Jeff well clear of it all.
Keeping Shi out of it is impossible he and he alone will ultimately be in charge of all in's and out's. GON may moan if he sees our side being gutted to be replaced with cheaper alternatives but in the end he will have to accept it or walk.
I think we can forget any idea only one of our better players leaving I expect to see several.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha Hwang Neto

We’ve been in the Prem for 5 or so years now. We simply should not be in a position where we have to put out a bench as weak and inexperienced as that for such a big game.

I think it is fair for you to point out the injury records of those two player, and I’d be in agreement that it should be taken into account.
Personally I’d be very much against building a bigger squad to accommodate multiple players with poor injury records. It would lead me to be more open to changing one of those players. Hwang and Neto are awkward cases because they have slight question marks over their fitness rather than being completely unreliable, if they are here next season it wouldn’t shock me for them each to play 30 games, equally wouldn’t surprise me for them both to miss half the season.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly this. We have rode our luck all season long. We simply can’t risk going into another season with just 3 recognised, first team forwards … when 2 of that 3 are injury prone. This needs to be addressed as priority number 1.
I don’t think we have “just 3”.
I count Bellegarde & Sarabia as senior forwards. So that’s 5.

I think we need one more to make 6.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A central forward is obvious we need since both Hwang and Neto is out of seasons for long spells.
However,we must not forget the defence.
It is clubs that neglects this area that get´s relegated.
It would be a huge gamble indeed to expect that Daws has one more good season in him,and without him we are lost..as seen yesterday for example.
I don´t think we can afford to carry Max Kilman for another season.We need two good quality central defenders that will work in different constellations.Max only works with a daddy alongside him and when Craig(in our current situation)is gone,then Max becomes a liability.

To early to call it probably,but Santiago Bueno doesn´t seem to be the answer.

If Sa goes..then we simply must push the boat out a bit when replacing him.
If we neglect the keepers position then we will lose a load of points seasonwise.
I´ve experienced us playing football with a sub par keeper.It´s an impossible task for a club like us.
I remember Oakes back in our single Prem season under DJ..I witnessed Ruddy against Watford in our FA Cup semi.
I´ve seen Bentley this season.

If Sa goes,then we simply has to do our outmost to replace with as high quality we can get..and there aren´t that many goalies outthere that is better than Sa.

We naturally is concentrated on our forward situation at present.That is perfectly allright.
We must not,under any circumstances,forget to look after our defence as well.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep reading that we have to sell one good player every season - has Shi said that because if it's come from GON it's meaningless.

Back
Top Bottom