Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****s sake. **** off. That will be the fourth player we have lost to bigger clubs in 12 months if this happens. Hope he stays as he looks an amazing talent.
It’s crazy. Obviously leaving us for bigger clubs seems like a good idea but surely they’ve got more chance of featuring at a younger age at Wolves than a top 4 team.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some bad advice is being given to these kids!!!!
They follow the money, big lights and false promises. The parents are mostly to blame put the ideas into the head and that’s it they want the move. We aren’t glamorous club and never will be. If they want a most likely failed path at man utd crack on. Take the likes of Lembikisa and Cundle who are proud to be Wolves

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ogbene from luton anyone?

Or look at the likes of koleosho from burnley?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True story....talking of the big boys trying to knick your players......one of the young Italian kids who played in our Sunday team , many years ago .....came to us all in the changing rooms the one Sunday and said "I won't be here for the next few Sundays"...why we said "where ya gewing"......he said Ive got a two week trial with Inter Milan...he was Italian....anyway we all keeled over laughing...

Anyway he did have a trial....was in the paper....he failed mind.....was never the same player when he came back ..talk about stick he got....

Even at Sunday level you aye safe from the big boys poaching ya players .. Swapping fowler's park for the San siro..

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course, but from the player’s side of things it’s a no brainer if you’re moving from leagues below but if you’re in the same league with a cat 1 academy then it’s a strange one.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They follow the money, big lights and false promises. The parents are mostly to blame put the ideas into the head and that’s it they want the move. We aren’t glamorous club and never will be. If they want a most likely failed path at man utd crack on. Take the likes of Lembikisa and Cundle who are proud to be Wolves
Re your last sentence cynically that's probably because none of the big clubs were after them....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might help us if Dan Ashworth didn't have a reason to keep watching our kids........just a thought.....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re your last sentence cynically that's probably because none of the big clubs were after them....
Iv been to enough youth games over the years. About 5/10 scouts at Wolves games taking notes every game on players. They know who they want they watch them most games. Crazy. Easy to spot, most young players in prem clubs have been watched but it’s finding those with unique abilities that makes the bigger clubs want them?

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might help us if Dan Ashworth didn't have a reason to keep watching our kids........just a thought.....

That's a thought. Seems veeeeery coincidental then Newcastle going after Shahar and now Man U with Okoduwa. (Although officially still on 'gardening leave' at Newcastle)

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a thought. Seems veeeeery coincidental then Newcastle going after Shahar and now Man U with Okoduwa. (Although officially still on 'gardening leave' at Newcastle)
That's what I thought....is somebody watching us a bit more than we may like ...

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Surely the academy system is completely flawed. Another example of the system being completely biased to the bigger clubs. Should be protection until 18+ and genuinely significant compensation

Reactions: Ned

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the academy system is completely flawed. Another example of the system being completely biased to the bigger clubs. Should be protection until 18+ and genuinely significant compensation
Legally that almost certainly couldn't happen... Locking a minor into a long-term contract can never be acceptable and would likely breach both child protection laws and the Bosman ruling.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve got a mate who argues until he’s blue in the face that the entire loan system should be scrapped. His reasoning is actually pretty sound in that it stops clubs from stockpiling the better young players just because they can meaning the young talent gets spread around a bit more. But he doesn’t have an answer to the point that entire youth teams would end up being released on free transfers if it became clear they wouldn’t be first team ready very quickly.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve got a mate who argues until he’s blue in the face that the entire loan system should be scrapped. His reasoning is actually pretty sound in that it stops clubs from stockpiling the better young players just because they can meaning the young talent gets spread around a bit more. But he doesn’t have an answer to the point that entire youth teams would end up being released on free transfers if it became clear they wouldn’t be first team ready very quickly.
I think I agree with him.
The released players would sign for lesser clubs, and some of them would develop into gems.

Maybe have it so you can only have 3 out on loan (regardless of HG or age etc)

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see his point in some respect. Straight loans between clubs in the same division should be banned. a Premier League club should never have to loan a player from another Premier League club unless its with an obligation to buy.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Academies should get a cut of all future transfer fees for players they produced. The academy gets the money, not the club... then can use it to improve and work on the next batch of young talent.

Incentivise success.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I agree with him.
The released players would sign for lesser clubs, and some of them would develop into gems.

Maybe have it so you can only have 3 out on loan (regardless of HG or age etc)
Yea I think his point has legs but he’s gone all or nothing with it. 3 out on loan maximum and as @Werewolf of Wombourne says, no loans between PL clubs unless an obligation; I’d go one further and say no loans to any PL clubs from anywhere unless there’s a deal in place for a permanent move.

It would help teams like Burnley and Sheff Utd in the long term because both current teams would lose to the team they had when they went up. That can’t be right!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Academies should get a cut of all future transfer fees for players they produced. The academy gets the money, not the club... then can use it to improve and work on the next batch of young talent.

Incentivise success.
An interesting concept, particularly when it relates to those who the parent club choose to release on a free....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yea I think his point has legs but he’s gone all or nothing with it. 3 out on loan maximum and as @Werewolf of Wombourne says, no loans between PL clubs unless an obligation; I’d go one further and say no loans to any PL clubs from anywhere unless there’s a deal in place for a permanent move.

It would help teams like Burnley and Sheff Utd in the long term because both current teams would lose to the team they had when they went up. That can’t be right!
Re your last para the counter argument is that without the loanees neither of those teams would have gone up. Your proposals would bring the EFL a world of FSP hurt.

Madmalc

Reaction score
See posts 258 and 293 in this thread...
Fofana is down as a centre back, we were talking about a centre forward.
We didn't sign a centre forward as there was no movement on affordable centre forwards in January.
Both Broja and Fofana are recovering from ACL injuries, only Broja moved and hasn't scored a goal yet.
He's the only one of those 2 who is listed as a centre forward.

mroli74

Reaction score
If they get relegated, I wouldn't mind a look at Calum Hudson Odoi....

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Personally I’d get rid of loans with obligations anyway. It’s purely a way of fiddling the books…

Reactions: Ned

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s crazy. Obviously leaving us for bigger clubs seems like a good idea but surely they’ve got more chance of featuring at a younger age at Wolves than a top 4 team.
You should see some of the "incentives" offered to their parents, happens all the time , we even had an U8 lad a while back whose parents had promises from a few of the main clubs even relocation costs and a house and job through one of the clubs.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fofana is down as a centre back, we were talking about a centre forward.
We didn't sign a centre forward as there was no movement on affordable centre forwards in January.
Both Broja and Fofana are recovering from ACL injuries, only Broja moved and hasn't scored a goal yet.
He's the only one of those 2 who is listed as a centre forward.
Flashscore has him down as a forward which is where Burnley have been playing him. 3 goals in 7 apps to date.

Back
Top Bottom