Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can tell it's spring.

Links to unknown players that no-one has heard of, but suddenly cannot live without is accelerating exponentially.

Admit it. The rumours are the best thing about the Mix!
Rumours and gossip was why I got in to Mol Mix back in the E+S days. I love even the most tenuous ones, I just take it all with a truck load of salt.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****s sake. **** off. That will be the fourth player we have lost to bigger clubs in 12 months if this happens. Hope he stays as he looks an amazing talent.

Makes you wonder how the academy can work? if any top talent gets poached, we're basically left with the kids who most clubs think won't make it and then we just have to hope they're one of the late bloomers who only come good after they turn 17 and we've managed to sign to a professional contract.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there nothing that can be done to keep players of that age - even with a Cat 1 academy?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Victor Hugo, is an Agent gomes effort wouldnt be surprised if we get that one

Hobbs specifically looking for gems, now do i think all these links are real probably not, but we may have enquired or scouted.

These are all kinds of players, hobbs want to unearth pay 15 to 20m max and develop into 40m plus players

Which is why your seeing this from percy

Anyone after Joao can **** off as well.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who is The Wolfpack? Clickbait? They seem to just pluck rumours out of mid air. Of course other clubs are looking at our players, just as we're looking at other clubs' players, but specific?

dennison11

Reaction score
Who is The Wolfpack? Clickbait? They seem to just pluck rumours out of mid air. Of course other clubs are looking at our players, just as we're looking at other clubs' players, but specific?
It's just a page that collect rumours from other sites and re post them. They credit the original site in their posts

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****s sake. **** off. That will be the fourth player we have lost to bigger clubs in 12 months if this happens. Hope he stays as he looks an amazing talent.
4th? Leo shahar, brayden clarke.. who have i missed mate?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
completely agree.

Out of the so called big clubs who can buy big before they sell?
All of them with the exception of probably Chelsea, and Spurs because it's not their MO. None of them did business in January because it's the same financial year. They make 3-4x our revenue, they don't need to "sell to buy".

Man United, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool will all be it at again next summer, as they always do. I'll be shocked if any of them spend less than £200m. Nothing has changed.

Is anyone going to spend £100m on Joao Gomes? Unlikely, because he's not worth that. Realistically if somebody does come in with £60-70m we'd probably bite their hands off and re-invest it.

The only player I wouldn't entertain selling for that type of fee is Cunha, primarily because he's our best (and most important) player, but also because it wouldn't generate a significant profit on the £45m we paid for him this season.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'...Man United and Wolves are also keeping close taps on the situation.'

Good that we're keeping close taps on the situation but if his club don't want to sell will we be able to faucet ?
Let's hope that our bid doesn't sink....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People forget we are a selling & self sufficient club these days.

Sell to buy ethos. Every player has their price and unless that is met Hobbs has said few times now. We aren’t under such pressures. Let’s not delude ourselves any big offers and we have to act accordingly

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Never lose the pessimist streak with Wolves. They have a capacity to disappoint that other clubs fail to reach either in the level or frequency. It also means the successes are more appreciated and the lows are what you expected.

I’d hate to support a club where the expectation was winning the league every year. Not because I don’t want to win the league but rather it becomes toxic when expectations aren’t met. Think of the football we watched in the championship and not getting anywhere.
Good shout. Saw a Cov fan at work this week. He knows we're better and they have no chance.

I filled him in. It's a Wolvesy Saturday ahead!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently we’ve watched this lad who can play about 4 different positions Noah Sadiki

Back
Top Bottom