Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I say it could be an issue because I’m pretty sure it was Mendes who was behind all of the Nunes going on strike stuff last summer.
Yes maybe.....but I don't think there was ever an issue in us selling Nunes to city...was just arguing over the fee...so we can't be sure it was Jorge really.....there had been signs of Nunes commitment and character before...

I get what your saying....but I think it's part n parcel of football once a big club comes in for you...Neto won't be no different.....

My only concern with Jorge is will we HAVE to take another player....the kid from Braga seeming the one....but he will get us a good fee for Neto...it's probably Jorge generating all the speculation with numerous clubs involved...it won't be all incoming calls on his phone...he will be instergating a lot of it....

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I say it could be an issue because I’m pretty sure it was Mendes who was behind all of the Nunes going on strike stuff last summer.
I don’t see Mendes telling the rat to go on strike he’s always had a reputation of being very good to deal with. Plus we said we would let him go it was just a case of getting the right fee it wasn’t like we were standing in his way.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have you heard something to suggest this, or is it an unsupported view?

Madmalc

Reaction score
It would make a change if some early business happens, so that GON gets not just his first preseason with us, but one with most of the squad he'll have available for the coming campaign.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would make a change if some early business happens, so that GON gets not just his first preseason with us, but one with most of the squad he'll have available for the coming campaign.
When a lot of our business depends on potential departures, that may not be possible. If we sell Neto relatively early on in the window (constant whispers that Mendes is shopping him about), then GON might have a bit of a "warchest" to upgrade the front three with.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was implied that nunes lost his head. I doubt mendes advised him to strike.
For all the dislike of Mendes you see from some, he is reputed to be very professional and good to deal with. Its hard to imagine him telling a client to strike. Word would get out within the game and seriously damage his standing.
That incident, to me, was Nunes trying to push the club, perhaps hoping to force Wolves to accept whatever City offered.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the dislike of Mendes you see from some, he is reputed to be very professional and good to deal with. Its hard to imagine him telling a client to strike. Word would get out within the game and seriously damage his standing.
That incident, to me, was Nunes trying to push the club, perhaps hoping to force Wolves to accept whatever City offered.
He’s helped us as much as he’s ripped us off. Just a shame we purchased a few duds in Fabio & Guedes more recently. If we can shift them this summer happy days. Just hadn’t worked out for them. Time for us and them to move on. Both suited to Iberian football really.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s helped us as much as he’s ripped us off. Just a shame we purchased a few duds in Fabio & Guedes more recently. If we can shift them this summer happy days. Just hadn’t worked out for them. Time for us and them to move on. Both suited to Iberian football really.
You can't doubt any of the players ability wise mendes has got us..... character yes...guedes n trincao, but not ability..... some were too young in Fabio and Vitihiha....

But if it wasn't for Jorge we wouldn't be in the mix for these type of players at all..

But outgoings to date you can't knock him..... overall we still need him.....not to solely rely on him but there still is a place for him...

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

From what I heard it wasn’t Jorge who pushed him or gave him the idea to strike.

He did that all on his own accord……..

The deal was going to happen, everyone on the side of wolves, city and Jorge knew it, a certain toothy git wanted it to happen faster!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
From what I heard it wasn’t Jorge who pushed him or gave him the idea to strike.

The deal was going to happen, everyone on the side of wolves, city and Jorge knew it, a certain toothy git wanted it to happen faster!
It was encouraged by Man City too especially the Portuguese players

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was encouraged by Man City too especially the Portuguese players

Not surprised to hear that, but the deal was always going to happen when the talks officially opened up and wasn’t at risk of not going through at any stage from what I was told

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not surprised to hear that, but the deal was always going to happen when the talks officially opened up and wasn’t at risk of not going through at any stage from what I was told

I know pep wouldn’t push a player to strike or cause an issue, he is well known for players to handle exits with respect and show professionalism.

He has walked away from players who had done similar before.

I think if they didn’t have the injury issues at the time, that strike could have affected the sale in the eyes of pep.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Yes it was agreed but we just didn’t accept the first bid which is when nunes flung his toys out of the pram.
Mendes wouldn’t have been behind it at all

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes it was agreed but we just didn’t accept the first bid which is when nunes flung his toys out of the pram.
Mendes wouldn’t have been behind it at all

The fact he really has delivered so little at city and we have seen more consistent performances from Doyle who we got in the deal for less than £5m speaks volumes about him……..

Nunes had his moments where you saw his class and ability, but for the fee, they were too few and far between for me. I am shocked we got as much as we did and the “deals” for bueno and Doyle too for him.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact he really has delivered so little at city and we have seen more consistent performances from Doyle who we got in the deal for less than £5m speaks volumes about him……..

Nunes had his moments where you saw his class and ability, but for the fee, they were too few and far between for me. I am shocked we got as much as we did and the “deals” for bueno and Doyle too for him.

To be fair, Man City is a difficult team to get accustomed to, other than Haaland and Akanji very few hit the ground running there. Grealish, Guardiol, Doku, Kovacic, and others have found it hard to break into the team week-in week-out.

I do think Nunes is a quality midfielder that we haven’t seen the best of just yet. We saw glimpses in a wolves shirt, but he never really played in his best position for us.

To be clear, I am very happy with his sale and all that we were able to bring in with the money (and think Doyle fits us better anyway).

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That last para reads rather like some folks views, last season and early this one, about Cunha. He came good and l strongly suspect that Nunes will too.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That last para reads rather like some folks views, last season and early this one, about Cunha. He came good and l strongly suspect that Nunes will too.

Nunes had a wholes season to get used to the prem, granted in a poor squad for most of the season.

Cunha came mid season, big difference in timings for me.

Nunes is now surrounded by much better players, better systems and structures and he still looks like the prem isn’t the league for him. He has more time on the ball at city and more options to pass to and he still isn’t delivering. He also isn’t coming off the bench and getting the minutes either.

I think he is one of those immensely talented people who just aren’t cut out for the prem but will be a league leader in Portugal, Spain or Italy.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think bellegarde will come good?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes had a wholes season to get used to the prem, granted in a poor squad for most of the season.

Cunha came mid season, big difference in timings for me.

Nunes is now surrounded by much better players, better systems and structures and he still looks like the prem isn’t the league for him. He has more time on the ball at city and more options to pass to and he still isn’t delivering. He also isn’t coming off the bench and getting the minutes either.

I think he is one of those immensely talented people who just aren’t cut out for the prem but will be a league leader in Portugal, Spain or Italy.
Some players take longer than others but you may well be right. We will see....

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some players take longer than others but you may well be right. We will see....

This all personal opinion mate, I could well be wrong.

As I said, I think he is an immensely talented lad. He will have moments or a few games where he shows that.

But I think when his whole tenure in the prem will be combined and reviewed it will not show a player who consistently showed the ability his combined number of transfers into and then within the league would warrant.

Many talented and quality players who are stars in others don’t hack it here, it isn’t a slight as the prem is the hardest and most demanding league in the world.

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Try and sign Danny Welbeck on a free for 2 years as the experienced back up striker. Try to sign the lad from Brazil whose Agent messed up in January. Then its decision time on Fabio, if its get rid, then we need another striker, if not keep Fabio and also keep Fraser to learn off Welbeck.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep
Plug was never the sharpest tool in the box

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jonas wind looks like a goal poacher. No variation of goals on his highlights and no footage of him showing any pace.

He's not very fast which is probably why..
He's however a very good targetman and has been talked about as one of the best hold up players in the Bundesliga. It doesn't really matter how he received the ball, he almost always does well with it.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not very fast which is probably why..
He's however a very good targetman and has been talked about as one of the best hold up players in the Bundesliga. It doesn't really matter how he received the ball, he almost always does well with it.
Yep perfect for a cunha or hwang to play off etc

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
City interested in Neto? £60M Doyle and McAtee and id be very happy with that.

Had a look at the out of contract players in the summer and there's a few decent players available. Rafa from benfica would be decent, Adams as a back up number 9 and probably Brownhill would really flesh the squad out.

Hopefully we get rid of a few for some money then use that for a good striker and centre back that means we could possibly go 4 at the back and it would be a dream window. Obviously it'll be totally different but definitely options

Back
Top Bottom