Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Aye, but who's your big team?" The question these Glasgow eejits always ask you, with a wee wink and nudge, whenever you say you support someone else. Utter cretins.
"Aye, but who's your big team?" The question these Glasgow eejits always ask you, with a wee wink and nudge, whenever you say you support someone else. Utter cretins.
so bloody true.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have seen a fair bit of Lembikisia, and even though he is young there is just something about his game that makes me nervous. Maybe it's his style, but I would be amazed if he came back and joined the match day squad. He needs another season out on loan learning his craft and building his pace/power. He has potential, but I just don't see that at premier league level - I just don't think he is good enough defensively.

Still I have been wrong about players before, so maybe I am wrong.

As others have said only Mosquera and possibly Chinqiho have much chance of rejoining the squad next season. Podence would be a good squad player on ability, but probably wouldn't have the right attitude.

I can see Cundle, Hodge, Guedes, podence, and Howver all being moved on. In fact I think there will be another big clear out of those on loan and some of the older kids.

I don't expect there to be much money for new signings. If we finish in 12th that would give them about £10m in prize money more than budget, so with sales (Neto plus a few other) they should be able to fund three or four modest purchases, or perhaps out of contract players like Adams or Brownhill.

It will be interesting to see where Neto ends up, how much we get - and how much of it will be reinvested.
I suppose whilst not particularly exciting, bringing in a couple of frees in (Adams & Brownhill) and a couple of returning loans (Mosquera and Chiquinho) would allow us to bolster the squad a bit without spending much? Shifting some deadwood and a big sale then eg. Neto would help us to cover a few decent investments, and buying Tommy Doyle for relative pennies? Obvs we’d need a Neto replacement but might we also look at a new GK? The Rodrigo Gomes links look interesting and could us going back in for Yuri Alberto even be a possibility?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose whilst not particularly exciting, bringing in a couple of frees in (Adams & Brownhill) and a couple of returning loans (Mosquera and Chiquinho) would allow us to bolster the squad a bit without spending much? Shifting some deadwood and a big sale then eg. Neto would help us to cover a few decent investments, and buying Tommy Doyle for relative pennies? Obvs we’d need a Neto replacement but might we also look at a new GK? The Rodrigo Gomes links look interesting and could us going back in for Yuri Alberto even be a possibility?
Yes we could go back in for yuri but agent has made it difficult, but still we may

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes we could go back in for yuri but agent has made it difficult, but still we may
We will have completely different targets I reckon in the summer to what we had in January.... different ball game with different financial circumstances.....

We had our eye on the summer with lack of pushing ourselves in January....

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I get we’re interested or were interested but do we need someone who is as unprofessional as that. Remember how we reacted to Nunes having a strop.
Exactly. I don’t think we would go back in for him.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? Never wanted to be here, still won't. Needs flogging.
I dunno, he came to a club when it was on fire. We signed him and sacked off half the backroom staff soon after.
Also, how the last couple of years have gone for him may have humbled him a little.
But obviously if he still doesn't want to be here we need to get rid.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's an odd one..
I mean he's quite good but he's a targetman first and foremost not a "pressing striker ".
He's a very good targetman though. His hold up play is excellent and he can score goals too.

He's a really nice guy by the way. When he was still at Copenhagen, he took time out to coach the U9 team my son was in. So would certainly fit in with the overall very likeable players we've currently.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jonas wind looks like a goal poacher. No variation of goals on his highlights and no footage of him showing any pace.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't read too much into that, Ornstein is on record saying only elite level clubs will be going in for Neto
Can’t see Pedro going to anyone but Sky 6 or the big Euro teams. Not sure I can even imagine him at Spurs..

Would be a good signing for Man U.. but they don’t do good signings

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I suppose from Wolves’ point of view it’s a case of, we have a figure in our heads that we think Pedro is worth to our club. If someone offers us that we’re not going to step in his way. But if teams try and take the **** we can turn them down. I can’t imagine Neto is the kinda player who will kick up a fuss so we give him his dream move to Newcastle. The fact that he’s a Mendes player makes it a bit more complicated.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose from Wolves’ point of view it’s a case of, we have a figure in our heads that we think Pedro is worth to our club. If someone offers us that we’re not going to step in his way. But if teams try and take the **** we can turn them down. I can’t imagine Neto is the kinda player who will kick up a fuss so we give him his dream move to Newcastle. The fact that he’s a Mendes player makes it a bit more complicated.
Jorge has always got us a good fee for our players.. probably overpaid on a couple but when it comes to bringing us funds in , he has always come up trumps ... .it makes it easier Jorge being involved he gets the best deal for all concerned... I wouldn't worry about it ....

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Jorge has always got us a good fee for our players.. probably overpaid on a couple but when it comes to bringing us funds in , he has always come up trumps ... .it makes it easier Jorge being involved he gets the best deal for all concerned... I wouldn't worry about it ....
I say it could be an issue because I’m pretty sure it was Mendes who was behind all of the Nunes going on strike stuff last summer.

Back
Top Bottom