Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think we will do lots as the club will be loathe to add too much to the wage bill or amortised transfer spending given the aim of getting them both around 70% of turnover.

The only genuine glaring issues are 1) Doyle signing 2) Semedo having 1 year left on his contract and 3) Having a no9 that GON trusts.

We have chips on the table- Guedes, Fabio, Podence, Hoever, Cundle, Lembikisa, Chiquinho et al. As long as we get their amortised fees and wages off the bill plus have a small kitty, we can deal with the glaring issues and look forward to another decent season.

I know he's injured but, as an example, Rafiu Durosinmi, Rodrigo Gomes and Tommy Doyle on a permanent would be enough. Invest anything left over in new deals for our stars.

Screenshot_20240302_213841_LINEUP11.jpg

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we will do lots as the club will be loathe to add too much to the wage bill or amortised transfer spending given the aim of getting them both around 70% of turnover.

The only genuine glaring issues are 1) Doyle signing 2) Semedo having 1 year left on his contract and 3) Having a no9 that GON trusts.

We have chips on the table- Guedes, Fabio, Podence, Hoever, Cundle, Lembikisa, Chiquinho et al. As long as we get their amortised fees and wages off the bill plus have a small kitty, we can deal with the glaring issues and look forward to another decent season.

I know he's injured but, as an example, Rafiu Durosinmi, Rodrigo Gomes and Tommy Doyle on a permanent would be enough. Invest anything left over in new deals for our stars.

View attachment 40899
Thanks for doing this. I can't see a summer where Neto stays sadly.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We dropped a massive ******* not signing Gyokeres for £17m.

Not sure if loan to buy was an option to get round FFP

Apart from the fact it looks like that would have put us in the same position as Everton and Forest now. We never had £17m available in the summer, so as much as we'd love to have Gyokeres here, it wasn't feasible, so is pointless lamenting over.

el gringo

Reaction score
Rodrigo Muniz look useful. Would be good to have strength like that in the CF position. A transfer between two fairly even clubs though - not a usual occurrence, I think.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We dropped a massive ******* not signing Gyokeres for £17m.

Not sure if loan to buy was an option to get round FFP

I mentioned him in 2022 people said rubbish championship striker that brighton didn’t want so why would be interested?

Funny some players have to drop down a little to force their way back up to me that shows quality and desire

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 40899

Make no mistake, if we are going into next season with Hwang as our first option up front then we will have had another bad window.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mentioned him in 2022 people said rubbish championship striker that brighton didn’t want so why would be interested?

Funny some players have to drop down a little to force their way back up to me that shows quality and desire
You mentioned 10,000 players every window....it's inevitable you might get some right......we won't mention the 9998 who are crap.....

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score

View attachment 40899
22/23 accounted for a lot more higher salaried players - Raul, Mouts, Adama, Collins, Nunes etc and the likes of Guedes, Silva, Podence also better paid had full if not half year salaries met elsewhere, as they will for 23/24 accounting purposes. This is also another important consideration as their replacements and future signings will be lower earners, but incentivised so they can increase potential earnings which are accounted for in merit payments (2.8m per place - 1.0m per place for bonuses).

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think whatever happens this summer we need to add a couple on top of any outgoings. Too many times this season I’ve looked at our bench in comparison to our opponents and sighed a bit. Its great to involve young players, but you do need some depth within your squad? At 2-0 down and with neto going off yesterday it was game over really. The players looked absolutely knackered on Weds, and you could see this result coming.

The likelihood is that we will make at least one big sale, most likely Neto, for a sizeable fee. If it happens then a couple of attackers need to come in. A winger to replace him (saw Zaha linked earlier which wouldn’t be a terrible stop gap, but would seem unlikely) and a 9?

My feeling is we could also see a new GK, RB and CM coming in (perhaps with Traore going out on loan), with Mosquera also coming back? I was saying the other day I could perhaps see us signing Rodrigo Gomes and picking up Brownhill on a free for example? The likes of Hoever, Cundle and Chiquinho I think we might well move on?

Have a feeling we might also see a slightly surprising departure, like Hugo Bueno?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because we wont spend much new money - it will probably be Neto out and £5 - £7 million on a replacement , £30 million on a central striker and some bits an pieces.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 40899
I agree, everything except Durosinmi, prefer someone younger and injury free. Yuri Alberto looked the part, if only he could ditch his money grabbing agent.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? Never wanted to be here, still won't. Needs flogging.

Never hid the fact i think Guedes is a quality player. He's literally what we want in a forward player with this system but i agree, we need to move him on. I dont get why we pushed so much for a player who didnt want to be here.

For all the stick he gets as well, he might have thought he could settle here and he just didnt. I just dont think if that is the case its been communicated very well, he does look like a players who doesnt want to be here.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mentioned 10,000 players every window....it's inevitable you might get some right......we won't mention the 9998 who are crap.....
Il remember Whittaker another one you wrote off…. If we got no money we have to be competitive you and others forgot that part.

Funny enough when Bournemouth went down Solanke wasn’t rated by yourself either.

Then again we’ve had a striker issue for a long time now

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Time to move on.
I’ve toyed with starting this a few times but after creating the Summer 2023 behemoth, I thought better of it.

Jack I wish your baby a bright and fruitful spring and summer, may it find it’s legs early and start to walk tall and proud come July.

You will have sleepless nights as you watch it stumble and fall on occasions and there will be other thread starters that will be overly critical at times. Try and rise above and take the knocks on the chin.

I felt the need to apologise last September, but things haven’t turned out that bad after all. I have hope and optimism for your Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread, and good luck to all that sail on her.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Il remember Whittaker another one you wrote off…. If we got no money we have to be competitive you and others forgot that part.

Funny enough when Bournemouth went down Solanke wasn’t rated by yourself either.

Then again we’ve had a striker issue for a long time now
You said he was going Lazio..... nobody else in the premier league signed him did they...

You carry on ....I just tend to stick to players we are actually linked with....or at least half linked with...

Can't see the point mentioning the likes of say Welbeck when he hasn't even left Brighton on a free yet .....or endless players who score a goal for someone lower down the league ..That's all......ignore me though , you carry on.....

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve toyed with starting this a few times but after creating the Summer 2023 behemoth, I thought better of it.

Jack I wish your baby a bright and fruitful spring and summer, may it find it’s legs early and start to walk tall and proud come July.

You will have sleepless nights as you watch it stumble and fall on occasions and there will be other thread starters that will be overly critical at times. Try and rise above and take the knocks on the chin.

I felt the need to apologise last September, but things haven’t turned out that bad after all. I have hope and optimism for your Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread, and good luck to all that sail on her.
Thank you for your kind and encouraging comments VP, they are much appreciated. I notice that one totally unnecessary comment has now been removed. We are far beyond the January transfer window and the rumours circulating now relate to the next window. I doubt that many are miffed by my starting the summer thread but, if they are then I won't be losing any sleep over it. God bless you all! :D

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind and encouraging comments VP, they are much appreciated. I notice that one totally unnecessary comment has now been removed. We are far beyond the January transfer window and the rumours circulating now relate to the next window. I doubt that many are miffed by my starting the summer thread but, if they are then I won't be losing any sleep over it. God bless you all! :D
If they don’t like a thread why oh why click on it, several threads that don’t interest me I don’t open
Simple

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they don’t like a thread why oh why click on it, several threads that don’t interest me I don’t open
Simple
True.
However the problem lies in the fact that people are interested in what a thread title says (ie summer transfers) but get exasperated at a hundred pages about relatively irrelevant stuff! Which partially happens in the transfer thread when it is stated 3 months before the window even opens!!!

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True.
However the problem lies in the fact that people are interested in what a thread title says (ie summer transfers) but get exasperated at a hundred pages about relatively irrelevant stuff! Which partially happens in the transfer thread when it is stated 3 months before the window even opens!!!
Stay cool and relaxed

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can I relax until I know which hotel Hobbs is booked into in South America!!
What’s the point they constantly mess us around hoping for more money or another club to come in. Better off finding clubs that are happy to deal not constantly drag out the negotiations. We got lucky with Joao Gomes he wanted to come here

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will we go back in for him? Not sure. An interesting situation. As they are going to be relegated

Bigcheese

Reaction score
Because we wont spend much new money - it will probably be Neto out and £5 - £7 million on a replacement , £30 million on a central striker and some bits an pieces.
We doing bit's already?

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Here you go Hobbs :D
Last of the clear out, Podence, Silva, Guedes and Cundle, £20m
Sell Neto £60
Sell Sa £15m
Reintegrate Mosquera and Chiquinho
New contracts for GON, Cunha, Gomes and Ait Nouri
Free transfer for Josh Brownhilll
Buy Kelleher
Sign Doyle£4.5m
Sign Jonathan Rowe £25m
Sign Nicholas Jackson £30m

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell Neto £60
Sell Sa £15m
Buy Kelleher
Sign Doyle£4.5m
Sign Jonathan Rowe £25m
You’ve mistakenly added a zero after the three for Nicholas Jackson.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell Neto £60
Sell Sa £15m
Buy Kelleher
Sign Doyle£4.5m
Sign Jonathan Rowe £25m
Sell - Podence 6m, Guedes 15m, Silva 10m, H.Bueno 15m, Sa 15m, Neto 70m, Hodge 2m, Cundle 2m, Chem 1m, Hoever 2m, Bolla 2m =£140m

Sign new keeper, Marcin Bulka would be my shout £20m
Alfie Doughty or Jordan Lotomba RB/LB £10m - my shout
Josh Brownhill DM FREE - linked previous
Tommy Doyle 5m
Jonathan Rowe Wing £25m - linked previous
Morgan Whittaker Wing 10m - my shout
Dia or Adebayo Forward £20m - my shout
Jack Clarke Forward £25m - linked previous

£115m with change in our pocket

I could maybe see Ait-Nouri or Semedo being sold either this or next season. More so Semedo with only 1 year left on his current deal.

Mosquera, Lembikisa, Chiquinho back in the match day squad integrated into the first team.

Bulka
Doughty Mosquera (Kilman / Toti) RAN
Gomes Lemina Doyle
Clarke Adebayo Rowe

(Cunha & Hwang)

One very strong squad

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom