Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Submit your questions for Ask Wolves

Lycaon

Reaction score
On a scale of 1 - 10 how much influence does Jorge Mendes have on the club’s recruitment policy and does Nuno have the final say?

I suspect I could be waiting along time for a truthful answer so I’m probably inclined not to submit, at the end of the day it strikes me as a bit of PR gimmick to deflect from the reality of shocking performances.

Much better to have a live zoom interaction with the fans so the questions won’t be filtered, I would hope?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff, do you feel secure in your job considering how badly Wolves have performed this season?

D

Deleted member 11332

On a scale of 1 - 10 how much influence does Jorge Mendes have on the club’s recruitment policy and does Nuno have the final say?

I suspect I could be waiting along time for a truthful answer so I’m probably inclined not to submit, at the end of the day it strikes me as a bit of PR gimmick to deflect from the reality of shocking performances.

Much better to have a live zoom interaction with the fans so the questions won’t be filtered, I would hope?

Exactly what it is. They'll pick out all the tap ins for him.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As if wolves are actually going to answer random questions lol

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone should ask about recruitment of British players being low and is the youth team seen as a success or just a money making scheme?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They will say the youth team is both to supplement the first team and also make profit from. That questioned hqs been answered.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Seems pointless as they won’t answer the questions most would like answering. Future planning, transfers, transfer budget, style of play, Nuno going forward. It will all be softball questions

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over the last few months, I've seen several comments on here and elsewhere from fans saying how poor the communication from the club has been. I've heard journalists question the communication from the club. Wolves have asked for questions directly from the fans so maybe they have listened to some of that criticism. Of course, they aren't going to give every single detail of the club. Shi ain't going to come out and give exact details on transfer budgets. Who would expect him to?

I don't know if there are supporters who have questioned the club's lack of communication who are now calling this a PR exercise. Something like this is as good as it's going to get so we might as well make the most of it.

I guess it's one of those things where you can please some people some of the time.

Lycaon

Reaction score
I suspect it’s also come off the back of the ESL debacle as in showing a degree of willingness to engage with the fans?
Pretty sure the hand picked questions will receive upbeat positive answers as I wouldn’t really expect anything less!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Mind how you post with the questions suggested please, and the tone those questions entail.

midgewolf

Reaction score
Why has the tickets for the last game of the season gone to a ballot , when the fairest thing would of been the 49 who went to puynik should be given 1st choice , followed by away season ticket holders , then a ballot . Before any 1 points out its a home match , so it shouldn't have any bearing on away season ticket holders, the reason its a ballot is because of the extraordinary circumstances thats happened, cheers, utw sov,
Half the away season ticket holder’s wouldn’t take up the opportunity anyway because you need photo id to get in. So they wouldn’t be able to sell them on

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've still got a day to do this.

I'm sure we'd all want him to try and justify this **** ticket pricing for the 'lifeblood of the football club' as they called us last week.

Let's all ask, and about future ST prices. Only takes a second. Easy way to make your voice heard on this matter, just takes a minute or two.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does anyone know the format to this? Will it be in a video posted on the website?

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know the format to this? Will it be in a video posted on the website?
Tim Spiers mentioned on a podcast it's likely to be a series of interviews with various department heads. He said something about them coming out over a few days next week.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Interesting that Nuno wasnt on the original panel for this, yet every other head of department is.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What isn't our state of the art top accredited Academy producing more regular/any 1st team players?
I can answer that; because it is a numbers game centred on getting top potential players who stay focused injury free have the right attitude and the opportunities due Loans working and gaps in the first team. The stats show one or two making your first team every few years is a good reward.

you will attract youth players in depending on who you are and what you can offer. Many will find footballing feet at a level below you as it is just natural selection pros gave a ten year career 18-23 5 years supply out strips demand

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The deadline to submit questions for this was the 12th May, so a lot of the questions that got asked then might not be relevant or up to date now with Nuno gone.

Will be interesting to hear from Jeff and co though, let's see what the plans are

Last edited:

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The deadline to submit questions for this was the 12th May, so a lot of the questions that got asked then might not be relevant or up to date now with Nuno gone.

Will be interesting to hear from Jeff and co though, let's see what the plans are

Fosun had probably made their mind up about Nuno before the deadline of
12th May.

They wouldn’t have left it until last weekend would they!

Seems a bit of a waste of time in many ways when no questions will be asked about Nuno’s replacement or the reason for him leaving. Not saying there would have been an answer but the questions would have obviously been asked.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Fosun had probably made their mind up about Nuno before the deadline of
12th May.

They wouldn’t have left it until last weekend would they!

Seems a bit of a waste of time in many ways when no questions will be asked about Nuno’s replacement or the reason for him leaving. Not saying there would have been an answer but the questions would have obviously been asked.
I'm hoping some of the answers relate to questions about Fosun's short to long term ambitions and recruitment strategies. Those should be same regardless of who is head coach

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would hope that with Nuno going they may have added a few late additions to the questions, or maybe make some sort of statement about the new manager recruitment, Have to wait and see I guess.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
won`t they select the questions they want to answer?
yes but as they will be releasing them as a series of podcast it is an opportunity to make some communication to fans about the recent events and what's happening about new appointment etc. even if questions weren't submitted my deadline as now that is probably the one thing fans want to hear about from the club/

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Will be very interesting to hear what is said no matter how doctored the questions are. Maybe what they dont say will also speak volumes.
Surely £40 ticket will be discussed? Vision of club for future? Mol development?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is sadly a lose lose situation for the club. The same folk who spend so much time whining the club say nothing will be saying the difficult questions weren't asked/answered and it's just club PR and propaganda.

*** Spoiler alert. They definitely won't say what the summer budget is or that we now have to be self sufficient as Fosun have stopped investment ****

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why isn't our state of the art top accredited Academy producing more any regular 1st team players?

+ Why have we got a skeleton crew board of directors?

I cannot understand why on earth we have such a ridiculously low number. Jeff Shi, Scott Sellars, John Gough, John Bowater is all we have got if I am correct. The last 2 named are just making up the numbers as well imo!

We need more experienced football people on board who know what they are doing and talking about!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
+ Why have we got a skeleton crew board of directors?

I cannot understand why on earth we have such a ridiculously low number. Jeff Shi, Scott Sellars, John Gough, John Bowater is all we have got if I am correct. The last 2 named are just making up the numbers as well imo!

We need more experienced football people on board who know what they are doing and talking about!
Sellers isn't on the board.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that Jonny Phillips was the host for this. Didnt he suggest that it was the last game for a few of the Wolves players starting on Sunday just before the match?

Back
Top Bottom