Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

strange, bizarre or crackpot decisions ?

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mick, Steve , Jez or whoever from the club is reading BUT SORRY i have to ask .

Guediora wide right instead of Hamill whos been playng well ?

Kightly on instead of Ward as a replacement for Seb ?

Hamill on for Fletcher , again why not Ward ?

All very odd.:mad:

S

savagewolf

Moxey will state thats the managers decision to make and not his or Morgans which is entirely correct but all I ever hear from Jez whenever he speaks is moaning about lack of luck with injuries which like every season will be rolled out again .....this summer as an excuse for relegation

D

Dewsburywolf

Just exactly who was meant to be playing upfront when Hamill came on? He looked to me to go straight to Milijas as if to say "it's you & me up top pal"

W

Westport Wolf

At 3-0 down, why not. We needed some inspiration from somewhere. As the match wore on it was obvious we lacked enough to get a goal and get back into the game, so Mick threw on players that he thought might make a difference. If subs hadn't been used, people would only moan. Mick can't do right with a result like this.

M

Mugwump

One time Ward should have been on as he has actually played up front he is left on the bench. I dont know how Kights got in front of Hammill in the pecking order based on a couple of reserve run outs. Gued is not a right winger either. We should stick to 4-5-1. Its our best formation and we pick up our best results. Oh, and keep playing Milijas!!!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 down no chance of winning gave Mick time to get Gued and Kightly match fit. I'd have put Craddock on too

D

Dorset DeWolf

Guediora was our best player by a mile so that worked out well

Kightly is much much more likely to influence a game than ward, even half fit!

Swap the name hamill for kightly = same answer

What the hell Is with the ward love in?!! Hardly Lionel messi is he!!!?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guediora was our best player by a mile so that worked out well

Kightly is much much more likely to influence a game than ward, even half fit!

Swap the name hamill for kightly = same answer

What the hell Is with the ward love in?!! Hardly Lionel messi is he!!!?

I'm sorry mate but playing gued out wide was a complete and utter disaster and possibly one of the biggest contributing factors to our inept display. All he did all first half was keep drifting inside to try and get involved in the game meaning we had no width and also that one if their best players, baines, had the run if the left hand side.

To then bring on kightly but play him in the middle and still leave gued 'out wide' was just plain baffling.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Didn't all of Everton's goals come from breaks down the right hand side?

I too thought that Guedioura had a decent game.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry mate but playing gued out wide was a complete and utter disaster and possibly one of the biggest contributing factors to our inept display. All he did all first half was keep drifting inside to try and get involved in the game meaning we had no width and also that one if their best players, baines, had the run if the left hand side.

To then bring on kightly but play him in the middle and still leave gued 'out wide' was just plain baffling.

Agree with this, it was patently obvious in the first half that we had no outlet on the right wing most of them time. I'm not blaming Gued because he was probably doing what he was told but we needed a Hammill or Kightly out there. Instead we were forced to feed Jarvis all the time and he was well covered and had an off day anyway.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't all of Everton's goals come from breaks down the right hand side?

I too thought that Guedioura had a decent game.

Not saying gued didn't do ok when on the ball, but he seriously messed up the shape of the side by keep drifting in. This might not of come across as much on the tv in fairness.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Didn't all their goals come down left side?? Pleased to see Adlene back. Can you remember anyone else getting any shots away?

W

Wolfy1994

Bored of people saying Ward's $$$$, then next week saying why isn't he playing, then the week after, Mick plays him, and you say he's $$$$ again.

N

NorfolkWolf

Can someone explain why Henry was not taken off? He constantly gave the ball away, was caught in possession time and time again, and when he did find a Wolves player the ball went backwards!!

There was no-way we were going to create any chances with him still on the pitch.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone explain why Henry was not taken off? He constantly gave the ball away, was caught in possession time and time again, and when he did find a Wolves player the ball went backwards!!

There was no-way we were going to create any chances with him still on the pitch.

He had our best shot of the game. :confused:

R

Redditch Wolves

The problem with losing Doyle it just shows McCarthy has no plan B and doesn't know how to play without him which shows poor management which needs to be sorted ASAP or else we are going down quicker than Jordan goes down on a bloke!!

W

wolfjc

Yet he was the first one to come out publicly to criticize the defence saying we wouldnt win games in the championship if we continue to play like that!

D

Deleted member LP 3925

The problem with losing Doyle it just shows McCarthy has no plan B and doesn't know how to play without him which shows poor management which needs to be sorted ASAP or else we are going down quicker than Jordan goes down on a bloke!!

.......that's the benefit of having no teeth, that Gattuso had better watch out

S

Shergar

Said in pub after game that it was surprising that Ward wasn't bought on to get his obligatory appearance fee....
The reply was that McCarthy didn't want his adopted son on at 3 nil down because Ward would have got the blame for contributing to the loss.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would certainly expect to see Ward on against Fulham as I believe George needs a rest. On Gued I thought he played well also, though I did think he might have been a little more aggressive when beaten for the ball that led to our first goal. Overall it is good to have him back and I believe he will have benefitted greatly from his appearance on Saturday.

F

FLEET WOLF

I would certainly expect to see Ward on against Fulham as I believe George needs a rest. On Gued I thought he played well also, though I did think he might have been a little more aggressive when beaten for the ball that led to our first goal. Overall it is good to have him back and I believe he will have benefitted greatly from his appearance on Saturday.

Guediora gives us something different and we need extra from midfield, including some goals. Perhaps it is time to jettison Henry and go with 5 attacking midfielders, Gued, O'Hara, Milijas, Hammill and Jarvis?

Back
Top Bottom