Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Steve Kean signs new deal at Blackburn

P

PeteWolf

He's deserved it for the way he's handled himself and won the respect of many in trying circumstances. McCarthy could take heed instead of dragging the clubs name through the mud in the way he's handled our own issues.

B

Bathams n Scratchings

He's deserved it for the way he's handled himself and won the respect of many in trying circumstances. McCarthy could take heed instead of dragging the clubs name through the mud in the way he's handled our own issues.
Comparing McCarthy with Kean? Do me a $$$$$$$ favour!

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cracking news

Now quick someone send over a couple of bottles of Red to Ewood Park so he can celebrate :D

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

...and if Blackburn go down and we stay up no-one shall give a damn.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news for us hopefully. Makes you wonder if the ultimate aim is to turn Ewood Park into a chicken farm though.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There's always one numpty.

DawleyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
maybe I am an idiot, but I think he will turn them around and move up the league - they are starting to play a lot better (exits right quickly)

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

At this very moment Blackburn Pete is typing "if only Kean would stand up to those fans who are criticising him, like McCarthy at Wolves has, he might deserve a new contract"!

R

robwolf

Petewolf, surely you're trolling!

If not why not take off the McArthy hating shades and look at the facts.

Steve Kean has never got a club promoted. Allegedly stabbed Allardyce in the back claiming that he wasnt good enough to take the club higher and that he was the man to do the job. Since that day when I believe they were around 10th in the table they have sunk lower and lower are currently 2nd from bottom.

I dont have time to list everything Mick has done, but its FAR FAR more than Steve Kean will ever achieve after Blackburn get relegated and then have to pay he out even more because of his fresh contract.

Dont even start me on the arrogance and idiocy of the Venky's!!!! I feel sorry for Blackburn fans but SK and the Venkys are perfect for each other.....clueless numpties who dont deserve to be involved with football!

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Robwolf I dont think Petewolf was comparing their managerial records, more than likely that Kean has carried himself with a little bit more dignity thru Blackburns sticky patch rather than offering to have a punch up with his doubters unlike McCarthy.

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You really are a clown.

P

PeteWolf

Robwolf I dont think Petewolf was comparing their managerial records, more than likely that Kean has carried himself with a little bit more dignity thru Blackburns sticky patch rather than offering to have a punch up with his doubters unlike McCarthy.
Precisely. Pity other people on here can't see past their gold tinted spectacles in their rabid support of the club because they know they can't give real support in the ground so going over the top on here makes up for it.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Precisely. Pity other people on here can't see past their gold tinted spectacles in their rabid support of the club because they know they can't give real support in the ground so going over the top on here makes up for it.

Well seeing as MM has done slightly more for our club than Kean has for Blackburn; perhaps he was entitled to a little more respect from the fans?

Some fans are too sensitive. They give it out but can't take it if its dished out to them.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Blackburn have been playing well of late - I don't think Kean is a bad manager at all. It is good news in that it may cause more friction between the fans and the club.

E

Essex Wolf

With Blackburn in the drop zone and fans regularly demonstrating they want him out this must be a real "up yours" to their fans.

Don't know enough about the blokes past to make any assesment or judgement on him as a manager but going by what's happened to date he hasn't covered himself in any managerial glory.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well you could say the same for our manager then.

Could be; but seeing as what he's done for the club so far was forgotten in that game against Swansea & his decisions questioned (decisions he got right btw) maybe he was entitled to give a little back?

Or are we as fans above criticism as well?

E

Essex Wolf

Could be; but seeing as what he's done for the club so far was forgotten in that game against Swansea & his decisions questioned (decisions he got right btw) maybe he was entitled to give a little back?

Or are we as fans above criticism as well?

Can understand your point here GW and I don't agree for a second what some of those idiots were saying but Mick is a well paid professional and really shouldn't say things about fighting the fans and branding them numpties.

If Wolves sat in the top 6, were scoring for fun and keeping regular clean sheets then whilst still not right Mick would have a little more excuse and ammo to hurl back. But on the run of form Wolves were on and on performances offered up then his management was questionable at the time.

Heat of the moment and all that but just what if some moron did take a swing at him one day backing it up with "well McCarthy asked for it" ?

Not saying it's right at all but being confrontational in his position is not the wisest of decisions.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Wasn't just unwise, it was unprofessional. The criticism he got was over the top (although lets face it, not that severe by Wolves fans standards), but to come out and offer to fight people in a tv interview was ridiculous.

M

MonkeySpanner

Blackburn are playing some good football and we're unlucky not to get a result against Chelsea. If we played them next I think they would beat us.

We really are not that good with a lot of the bottom teams along with the newly promoted ones playing much better and entertaining football than us. If Wigan had taken those two early sitters doubt we would of won Sunday.

Well be well in the mix come May.

F

FLEET WOLF

Blackburn are playing some good football and we're unlucky not to get a result against Chelsea. If we played them next I think they would beat us.

We really are not that good with a lot of the bottom teams along with the newly promoted ones playing much better and entertaining football than us. If Wigan had taken those two early sitters doubt we would of won Sunday.

Well be well in the mix come May.

A lot of Wigan's build up play was actually pretty good I thought as well-they simply can't score or defend, whereas at least we do get the odd goal, even though our defending is iffy at best.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can understand your point here GW and I don't agree for a second what some of those idiots were saying but Mick is a well paid professional and really shouldn't say things about fighting the fans and branding them numpties.

If Wolves sat in the top 6, were scoring for fun and keeping regular clean sheets then whilst still not right Mick would have a little more excuse and ammo to hurl back. But on the run of form Wolves were on and on performances offered up then his management was questionable at the time.

Heat of the moment and all that but just what if some moron did take a swing at him one day backing it up with "well McCarthy asked for it" ?

Not saying it's right at all but being confrontational in his position is not the wisest of decisions.

One of the most sensible posts I've read in a long time. I definitely see where your coming from.

Hopefully this little "spat" is behind us and we (the club, MM & the fans) can move forward together.

E

Essex Wolf

One of the most sensible posts I've read in a long time. I definitely see where your coming from.

Hopefully this little "spat" is behind us and we (the club, MM & the fans) can move forward together.

Hope so GW, onwards and upwards.

M

markb

I suspect this is nothing more than an agreement to boost Kean's 'redundancy' payment when they sack him later on in the season.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect this is nothing more than an agreement to boost Kean's 'redundancy' payment when they sack him later on in the season.

Yes - I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom