Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Steve Davis

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m assuming this is the Steve Davis that used to manage Crewe and was under consideration for the the Wolves job a few years ago? Loved his style of football when he managed Crewe back then, will definitely help steady the ship on the interim. Do what Gary O’Neil has done at Bournemouth and I’ll try and gets some odds at 1000/1..

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is indeed. Got them promoted, and kept Crewe in League One for a good amount of time while working on a shoestring with their excellent academy. James Collins was his assistant at Crewe as well. You never know, just some fresh coaching might be the impetus we need for a positive result on Saturday. Nobody is expecting anything either so nothing to lose!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is indeed. Got them promoted, and kept Crewe in League One for a good amount of time while working on a shoestring with their excellent academy. James Collins was his assistant at Crewe as well. You never know, just some fresh coaching might be the impetus we need for a positive result on Saturday. Nobody is expecting anything either so nothing to lose!
I hadn't realised that about Collins, thank you.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope that you are wrong because l think that would be suicidal.

Can’t say I disagree. I just think we’ll struggle to get the person we really want, Davis will have an ok patch and will be appointed. This will likely then unravel by February.

dennison11

Reaction score
The good thing is that he's in a no lose situation for his career at the moment. Lose to Chelsea and nobody will blame him, beat Chelsea and he's a genius. Be very interesting to see how the team line up and how they play

Reactions: Ian

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Upto 9 (?) of our team could win the World Cup for Portugal, and 3 more an outside chance of playing for Spain. *

What does any manager really need to tell them, with a 3000 strong, re-invigorated Wolf away pack baying them on.

"Team on notice board lads. Go play!"

*...and Southgate needs to apply his brain to the Max.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Upto 9 (?) of our team could win the World Cup for Portugal, and 3 more an outside chance of playing for Spain. *

What does any manager really need to tell them, with a 3000 strong, re-invigorated Wolf away pack baying them on.

"Team on notice board lads. Go play!"

*...and Southgate needs to apply his brain to the Max.
Where does Southgate fit in all this?

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who’s the senior at Wolves Collins ?
Yes, in theory. At least I've always assumed U21 coach was senior to U18 coach. Maybe not. I mentioned it in another thread not knowing Davis had such a long management history. I would like them to be given a proper shot at the top job now I know.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People seem to be getting a little carried away over a guy who's now in his late 50s & never managed above League One (Third Division) level; who ultimately failed (only 30% win percentage & relegation to League Two) & was sacked by Crewe & whose career then continued on a downward trajectory with a sacking at Leyton Orient in the National League after 22 games.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
People seem to be getting a little carried away over a guy who's now in his late 50s & never managed above League One (Third Division) level; who ultimately failed (only 30% win percentage & relegation to League Two) & was sacked by Crewe & whose career then continued on a downward trajectory with a sacking at Leyton Orient in the National League after 22 games.
Exactly he’s someone that’s stepping in to hold the reins no chance of anything more

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Leyton Orient was a club falling apart, and had been for some time before he arrived. He's had a long career, probably has a shrewd idea what the club's problems are, and he's one of our own. Hopefully neither of them speaks a word of Portuguese.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do hope this thread is not to end me taking a break from it as it gets snookered by constant Steve Davis snooker quips coming into the frame on cue. :p:p:p:p
I've had enough of them already, they're making me see red.

Remus

Groupie
Reaction score
Steve Davis was a member at my local gym where his partner worked. He was always keen to chat about the Wolves and is a real fan. People I know who follow the U18s are impressed, I hope the change in the coaching team doesn't mean losing him (and Collins)

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Davis was a member at my local gym where his partner worked. He was always keen to chat about the Wolves and is a real fan. People I know who follow the U18s are impressed, I hope the change in the coaching team doesn't mean losing him (and Collins)
They will 100% stay on. The youth development aspect of the club is run very separately to the senior side.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was my preferred choice at the time (the interview process that led to Kenny Jackett.) Happy with how things turned out. Jackett was a good choice and he turned us around. But I do still wonder what might have been.
He was my choice at the time too, but Kenny was excellent for us and the right appointment in hindsight .

hankin

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve got a sneaky feeling he’ll be appointed manager for at least a few months… just a hunch.
Don't say that. I saw a couple of Leyton Orient matches when he was in charge and despite him having the largest budget in the National League at the time, they were hopeless. They sacked him before things got worse. I don't recall his record at Crewe being anything special either.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins and Davis will remain they are a different part of the staff.

Its only roberts up for question right now.

Back
Top Bottom